JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

Just now, section314 said:

@Dcat curious, if Carter had fell to#7, was he your guy there?

you mean #6.  And yes, 100%.  I thought he'd be there, TBH but Im really happy about the pivot to Gonzalez . I'm liking this draft for Detroit.  This Clemson kid has had some hiccups but this is a high ceiling pick.  Filled a pair of long term needs with a pair of exciting picks here.  Very confident.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

you mean #6.  And yes, 100%.  I thought he'd be there, TBH but Im really happy about the pivot to Gonzalez . I'm liking this draft for Detroit.  This Clemson kid has had some hiccups but this is a high ceiling pick.  Filled a pair of long term needs with a pair of exciting picks here.  Very confident.  

Gonzalez.  was in my top 4 guys too. 

10 minutes ago, NYJetsVets91 said:

That's how this thing goes, I've been doing this mock for a decade the first round is always a slog.. If you're impatient then this probably isn't for you.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.  Personally, I think the 1st round should have a shorter time limit than the later rounds.  I'm not just saying that because the Rams don't pick in the first!  I know that we usually shorten the time in the later rounds, but IMO that is when I need more time to review who I might go for.  In the 1st I know who I am interested in, but while I may have my targets in the later rounds I have to check all the guys that might have dropped.

29 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon.  

I get that, but the 3 or 4 people who get to pick when the sun is up should have some consideration for people who have to pick around midnight. 

Maybe the West coast GM's should take that into consideration? 

It’s tough to make trades when everybody’s working and family responsibilities.

NFL GM’s are in the office 15 hours/day working the phones, reviewing player evaluations and round table discussions on if to trade up or back.

We get one crack at it… keep living your life and check in periodically. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ron Rico said:

It shouldn't take 3 hours to pick the BAP. 

What people do not do enough is leave the moderators with a pick list if they are going to be away for any length of time.  Things can move quick if this happens, but be ready for more delays, it happens every single year.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Looking for trades is not often an issue, the issue is people flat out missing picks.  That is where it grinds to a halt.

Yup.  Seem like some folks are just unwilling to submit a list of picks if they may not be around.  Instead, they  make us all sit around for 3 hours, then if the mods make a pick they don't like they bitch and moan to us.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Looking for trades is not often an issue, the issue is people flat out missing picks.  That is where it grinds to a halt.

The underlined is definitely the biggest issue. Especially when you know the draft was coming up, because everyone was tagged and notified.

The bolded can also be a bit irritating too, because people will wait until they're on the clock to start seeking trade offers, when that can be done a couple picks before you're up. That latter can help save alot of time, especially considering how long it takes for people to show up for the picks lol

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

unless everyone is willing to sit and go through a full draft at an agreed upon time and there is an actual clock running, people just have to deal with missed picks and/or massive delays. lol

Fresh Prince Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

BTW, great pick @NYJetsVets91 

• Upvote 1

Michael Mayer- NYJ newest TE

Thought process: Conklin & CJ gone next year with $10 mil + in Cap savings. Too early for OL and I wanted a weapon for Rodgers.

We will have 2 very capable TE who are excellent blockers and can open the middle of the field.

Fire away! ?

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

Thought process: Conklin & CJ gone next year with $10 mil + in Cap savings. Too early for OL and I wanted a weapon for Rodgers.

We will have 2 very capable TE who are excellent blockers and can open the middle of the field.

Fire away! ?

I approve, I thought our upgrades at TE last year were going to be much more helpful.  Having a weapon TE makes such a difference in this league.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fire away! ?

who else was high on ur board?

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fire away! ?

It’s never a bad thing to bring in good, young players.?Well done.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, PepPep said:

who else was high on ur board?

Bryan Bresee at DT was intriguing if I stayed at #16 but gaining another 3rd was worth it.

There are some very good CB on the board but not a team need ATP

After Skoronski and Paris Johnson went off the board, I didn’t want to reach for mid-low 20’s OT.

To me, Mayer met an offensive need at the right spot in the Draft

Edited by 32EBoozer
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Bryan Bresee at DT was intriguing if I stayed at #16 but gaining another 3rd was worth it.

After Skoronski and Paris Johnson went off the board, I didn’t want to reach for mid-low 20’s OT.

To me, Mayer met an offensive need at the right spot in the Draft

Mini run on TE’s. Where's @Paradis?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Fire away! ?

Great pick. I'm surprised he wasn't the 1st TE taken off the board, because he's clearly the best of this class IMO

9 minutes ago, King P said:

Great pick. I'm surprised he wasn't the 1st TE taken off the board, because he's clearly the best of this class IMO

Tough choice between Kincaid and Mayer for top TE. Being a ND fan and watching teams double and triple team him and he still produced. He’s an ox and I wanted an impact player to help the offense