JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

uzsxgqfyrrpvuhoagxf9.jpg

Welcome to the 2023 JetNation Mock Draft.  This is the Discussion thread. Put your actual picks in the Selection thread. Use this thread for most everything else.  Track everything draft related in the JN Mock Draft Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Sakn0O0AFFvUgR4SJzJWm-39l-PY5J4YNg0N3jH8wSI/edit?usp=sharing

You will be able to view, but without editing privileges. Contact one of the administrators if corrections are needed. @Lith @NYJetsVets91 @New York Mick @Dcat

2023 GM List:

AFC East
Bills - @New York Mick
Dolphins - @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
Patriots - @JTJet
Jets - @32EBoozer

AFC North
Bengals - @OilfieldJet
Ravens - @JiF
Steelers - @WhartonJet
Browns - @IndianaJet

AFC South
Jaguars - @choon328
Titans - @Neilos
Colts - @Integrity28
Texans - @Beerfish

AFC West
Chiefs - @Zerovoltz
Chargers - @Ron Rico
Raiders - @King P
Broncos - @PepPep

NFC East
Eagles - @Sarge4Tide
Cowboys - @heymangold
Giants - @Greenseed4
Commanders - @HawkeyeJet

NFC North
Vikings - @UntouchableCrew
Lions - @Dcat
Packers - @Lith
Bears - @Paradis

NFC South
Buccaneers - @Matt39
Panthers - @maury77
Saints - @BroadwayBen
Falcons - @section314

NFC West
49ers - @nj meadowlands
Seahawks - @NYJetsVets91
Rams - @#27TheDominator
Cardinals - @Maynard13

Rules:

1. Duration: The objective is to complete a full 7-round mock. It takes between 2 and 3 weeks to complete. All GMs have committed to this time frame. 
  2. Trading: Trades are permitted, but only 2023 picks. Trading future picks or active players is not permitted.  For example, GM's are not permitted to trade for DeAndre Hopkins as part of a transaction.  Submit completed trades to the admins so we can update the spreadsheet.  Trades should be reasonably close to the chart values, give or take 10-15%, but you are by no means bound to it.  Any GM managing more than one team is not permitted to trade between those teams.  
  3. Draft Clock: For Rounds 1-3, there will be a 3-hour window to make your pick or complete a trade.  The clock will run between 9:00 am and 11:59 pm EDT. The clock pauses at midnight and resumes at 9:00 without a reset. For example, if you go on the clock at 11 pm, the clock will pause at midnight and resume at 9 am so your pick is due at 11 am.  At the administrators' discretion, rounds 4 - 7 will likely be reduced to a 2-hour window.   
  4. Messaging: All GMs commit to checking their JN message inbox.  Please activate your notifications in your JN settings and clear enough messages so your inbox is not full.
  5. Notifying next 2 GMs up:  This is mandatory.  All GMs commit to tagging and sending a direct message to the next two GM's OTC and on-deck.  
  6. Missed Picks:  Just don't.  If you miss a pick, you will be banished to Cleveland.  But if you know that you will not be able to make your pick in your window.... PLEASE send the admins a prioritized list of players so we can make the pick for you. Include enough players to cover the number of teams picking before you. If you fail to do so, any admin can make the pick for your team and it will be final if other teams have already picked afterwards.  Two missed picks warrants GM replacement at the discretion of the admins. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

9 am?   you expect a retied guy to get out of bed at 7 am mountain? ha ha ha ha....snort!

(I'll see if I can inconvenience myself by getting up early that day.)

I know how you work. You are so prepared  you probably have the first 3 rd ‘s pegged already.?

• Upvote 2

On 3/26/2023 at 9:21 PM, Dcat said:

Clock will begin on Wednesday at 9:00 am EDT.  

I can't edit that in the Selections thread while it is locked. It still says TBD

So unofficially Carolina @maury77 is OTC, pick due Wednesday at noon, and Houston @Beerfish is on deck.

Sorry.  Just seeing this now.  I edited the selection thread so it now shows 9AM ET.

@Dcat Shoddy work. Why weren’t the teams listed alphabetically? Let’s hope your work improves moving forward!

2023 GM List:

AFC East
Bills - @New York Mick
Dolphins - @SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN
Patriots - @JTJet
Jets - @32EBoozer

AFC North
Bengals - @OilfieldJet
Ravens - @JiF
Steelers - @WhartonJet
Browns - @IndianaJet

AFC South
Jaguars - @choon328
Titans - @Neilos
Colts - @Integrity28
Texans - @Beerfish

AFC West
Chiefs - @Zerovoltz
Chargers - @Ron Rico
Raiders - @King P
Broncos - @PepPep

NFC East
Eagles - @Sarge4Tide
Cowboys - @heymangold
Giants - @Greenseed4
Commanders - @HawkeyeJet

NFC North
Vikings - @UntouchableCrew
Lions - @Dcat
Packers - @Lith
Bears - @Paradis

NFC South
Buccaneers - @Matt39
Panthers - @maury77
Saints - @BroadwayBen
Falcons - @section314

NFC West
49ers - @nj meadowlands
Seahawks - @NYJetsVets91
Rams - @#27TheDominator
Cardinals - @Maynard13

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Lith said:

Looks like Maury got us started.  Love the Stroud pick -- best QB in this draft in my opinion (for whatever that is worth).  

absolutely.  Stroud to orchestrate the Panther offense for yrs to come

cj-stroud.gif

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RobR said:

I miss participating in these but it looks like you have a nice line-up of posters and good mods. Have fun fellas.

Miss having you in these -- you always add a lot to the discussion.  Especially on OL. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Does anyone believe that Will Anderson actually goes #2?... i mean it kind of makes sense... but i just don't see it. trade back or HOU does something silly like AR

Don't see it happening.  If you are not taking a QB at 2, someone will offer something to trade back.  I would imagine Hou would reach out to Indy, they are probably motivated to move up for a QB and really good chance Houston could still get Anderson at 4.