JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

4 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

The way I see it, it doesn't matter where my two selections (so far) were selected as far as round number. All that matters to me is I have bequeathed The Chargers QB, Justin Herbert  with two playmakers, who I believe can be pro-bowlers, and I still have 6 more selections to go. Hopefully I can get a pass rusher like Nolan Smith.

4.5 sacks in his best year!

4 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Sacks doesn't tell the whole story; he's a major disruptor behind the LOS.

Yeah.  His pass rush win rate was pretty good, but he didn't seem to have much in the way of moves.  I think he will be fine but his size puts him as a bit of a tweener.  Still, he plays the run and the league seems to be trending towards S/LB hybrids anyway.  No reason a team can't find a fit for him.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Are you guys keeping an updated draft selections list anywhere?

It's in the spreadsheet in the first post of the selection and discussion threads.  They constantly update it. 

I don't know what to make of Bergeron.  I wanted a tackle and it seems like everyone thinks they can draft Bergeron and plug him in as a starter, but then they think he will still be available in the 80s.  I don't get that.  His arms are not the longest, he isn't a mauler and he probably is not the type that translates well to guard after failing at tackle.  I guess we will see.  I was planning on going for the kid from Maryland Jaelyn Duncan, but @Paradis took him at #63, seems like a very different prospect.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It's in the spreadsheet in the first post of the selection and discussion threads.  They constantly update it. 

I don't know what to make of Bergeron.  I wanted a tackle and it seems like everyone thinks they can draft Bergeron and plug him in as a starter, but then they think he will still be available in the 80s.  I don't get that.  His arms are not the longest, he isn't a mauler and he probably is not the type that translates well to guard after failing at tackle.  I guess we will see.  I was planning on going for the kid from Maryland Jaelyn Duncan, but @Paradis took him at #63, seems like a very different prospect.

angry canadian GIF by South Park

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Just a heads up to everyone.  Looks like we had Zion Nelson (Miami OT) listed on the spreadsheet.  Nelson is returning to Miami next season and is not draft eligible.  He has been eliminated from the sheet.  Thanks for the heads up, @King P.

Also a reminder, the spreadsheet is provided for convenience.  A player does not need to be listed on the sheet to be drafted.  Any draft eligible player can be picked.  And if history is any guide, we will get a few off-sheet guys picked.  But probably fewer this year than past years since guys like @kdels62 and @T0mShane are not drafting this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just a heads up to everyone.  Looks like we had Zion Nelson (Miami OT) listed on the spreadsheet.  Nelson is returning to Miami next season and is not draft eligible.  He has been eliminated from the sheet.  Thanks for the heads up, @King P.

Also a reminder, the spreadsheet is provided for convenience.  A player does not need to be listed on the sheet to be drafted.  Any draft eligible player can be picked.  And if history is any guide, we will get a few off-sheet guys picked.  But probably fewer this year than past years since guys like @kdels62 and @T0mShane are not drafting this year.

Not sure how that guy slipped by me, I went to the depths of going through all the players that had been on draft lists that decided to go back to school and removed them from the sheets.  I'll be surprised if there are too many omissions this year, as well as the usual resources I added a players from the senior bowl and shrine games.  I think over 600 players were listed.

47 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Not sure how that guy slipped by me, I went to the depths of going through all the players that had been on draft lists that decided to go back to school and removed them from the sheets.  I'll be surprised if there are too many omissions this year, as well as the usual resources I added a players from the senior bowl and shrine games.  I think over 600 players were listed.

There was one other that Dcat found before we got started.  600+ players.  2 slipped through the cracks.  An acceptable error rate.  You retain the job for next year -- at the same pay rate as this year of course.

47 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

You Suck!! Was going to trade up to guarantee our new Mangold. You guys aren’t making the Jets Draft easy

I have a theory that it is always a little bit harder to pick for the Jets than anyone else. Most of us on this site spend a lot of time reviewing potential prospects for the Jets.  Positions of need for the Jets tend to get drafted a little earlier in our mocks than maybe you would expect.  So it makes is a little tougher on you.

And that is my theory.  Which I have.  That is to say which is mine.  My theory. It belongs to me.  And I own it.

YARN | Oh, what is my theory, that it is. | Monty Python's Flying Circus  (1969) - S03E05 Music | Video clips by quotes | 54640db3 | 紗

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have a theory that it is always a little bit harder to pick for the Jets than anyone else. Most of us on this site spend a lot of time reviewing potential prospects for the Jets.  Positions of need for the Jets tend to get drafted a little earlier in our mocks than maybe you would expect.  So it makes is a little tougher on you.

And that is my theory.  Which I have.  That is to say which is mine.  My theory. It belongs to me.  And I own it.

YARN | Oh, what is my theory, that it is. | Monty Python's Flying Circus  (1969) - S03E05 Music | Video clips by quotes | 54640db3 | 紗

I absolutely agree with that. All of the positions we spend hours discussing just naturally stick with you as you have so much info on Jets targets.

24 minutes ago, Lith said:

Some merit to what you say as I'd be happy if Jets got either of my O-line picks and was more aware of them before the draft than other prospects. But Titans needs and picks are very similar to Jets. I already got a Tackle and needed a center. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What the heck happened to kayshoun boutte?  A year or so ago he was the next great LSU wr and this year his value seemed to plummnet.

I don’t know. Was injured a bit. Seems like he may be getting some bad advice… opted out of bowl game, basically passed on his pro day. Seems like he may have had a much higher opinion of himself than Kelly  did. That said, he has a ton of talent and Arthur Smith would be the kind of guy that can get it out of him.