JetNation 2023 Mock Draft - Discussion

Dcat

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Overall draft ranking means very little. Many mock drafts have him going round 1. Plus, most people on here have their own rankings. Is that why you took a TE bc his ranking was 12 and you selected 21? That would explain why you made such a terrible pick. 

When the draft rolls around, let’s see where Mayer and JSM get drafted. I think you were a round early

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

When the draft rolls around, let’s see where Mayer and JSM get drafted. I think you were a round early

I like both players. Probably moreso JSM but that's probably due to us needing C more than a TE. I think they'll be drafted in same area but time will tell.

Sorry about the delays.......caught me at the worst possible time.  Working overnights, I was just getting up as my turn came up then 1 hour drive in to work...now that I am at work (where I goof off on the internet for 12 hours) I have plenty of time.

And with that, I'd liove to trade out of 33.  

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Had a feeling @Beerfish was going after Hooker after passing on QB at 2.  And by trading up to the last pick of the first round, you would have the value of the 5th year option.  No idea where Hooker will go for real next month, but I like this pick.

Yes he is a wild card, I've seen his value literally all over the place in this draft. 

2 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

***TRADE***

The Chiefs are trading back again with @Lith

45 and 80 for 33 and 122.

Probably a bit of an overpay to move up and get my guy, but I have theater tickets with the wife tomorrow and going to be in Chicago and offline most of the day.  This allows me to get one of the guys I had targeted for 45.

Thanks.

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Lith said:

Probably a bit of an overpay to move up and get my guy, but I have theater tickets with the wife tomorrow and going to be in Chicago and offline most of the day.  This allows me to get one of the guys I had targeted for 45.

Thanks.

Can’t believe you waited till the 2nd rd to take a Dawg.?Good addition.?

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Can’t believe you waited till the 2nd rd to take a Dawg.?Good addition.?

I always try to pick a Dawg, but only if it makes sense.  This is a bit of a reach imo, but TE is a huge hole for GB and now they have a huge guy to fill that hole.  He was #1 on my list for 45, but he probably would have gone before then, so I went and got him now.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

@Beerfish was that a sympathy thumbs up for D Washington?  I know you don't like the guy.

No I know you do like him so if a GM likes a player he gets no big grief from me.

I don't totally hate him I just think he is going to be over drafted and have trouble contributing in the passing game in the NFL.

And.....believe it or not I have been wrong about players before. ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No I know you do like him so if a GM likes a player he gets no big grief from me.

I don't totally hate him I just think he is going to be over drafted and have trouble contributing in the passing game in the NFL.

And.....believe it or not I have been wrong about players before. ?

Initially I think he will contribute as a blocker and a red zone threat.  But I think he has more upside as a receiver than he is given credit for.  He is not going to win with separation and he is clunky in and out of breaks, but he knows how to find space in a zone and uses his body really well to screen off defenders and win contested balls.  And he is pretty good with the ball in his hands after the catch.  We just never used him that much in the passing game because we have a kid named Brock Bowers.

• Upvote 1

Best Pick of Round 1

Calijah Kansey at 30

High potential player as a penetrating DT with insane measurables. Value here 

Worst Pick of Round 1

Michael Mayer at 21

Low ceiling, little athletic upside. It’s more palatable since it’s actually this player + picks but a blocking TE with Addison, Kansey, JMS in the board hurts.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1