How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?  

134 members have voted

1. 1. How many NFL QBs are currently better than Aaron Rodgers?

• NONE - he's the bEsT!!!!!!
    • 1-5: He's not the best but he's still elite or close to it
    • 6-10: He's still very good, but not as good as he once was
    • 11-15: He's still a good NFL QB but not much better than middle of the pack
    • 16-20: He's now slightly below average
    • 21-25: He kinda sucks
    • 26-31: He's bottom tier, might as well start the MILFHUNTER!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I mean he was also 24th in Y/A, 20th in AY/A, 21st in NY/A, 27th in QBR, 16th in EPA/play, 16th in DYAR, and 21st in DVOA.

also, all facts

But the problem is, Bitoni didn't just argue that Rodgers was below average last year. Instead, he posted the QB ratings from last year to argue that Rodgers is now a below average going forward. We'll see, but that's not a fact, either. 

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

also, all facts

But the problem is, Bitoni didn't just argue that Rodgers was below average last year. Instead, he posted the QB ratings from last year to argue that Rodgers is now a below average going forward. We'll see, but that's not a fact, either. 

Correct

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

It happened in 2022, the year you didnt list 

The broken thumb wasn't a fluke it was a sign of decline 

Guys hit the end of their career and go right over the cliff 

I don't know why this is such a controversial statement, other than that people don't want it to be true 

2022 was in the text. Not a terrible year at all.

Odd that you actually deleted that portion of my text in your response and then said it wasn't there... 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, slimjasi said:

So, just so I understand your logic - 

You believe Brock Purdy is the best QB in the NFL? 

i believe he just posted a list, those weren't his rankings.

feels like he thinks JG at 25MM is better than AR at $55MM.   Not sure how that is trolling, seems reasonable take.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

feels like he thinks JG at 25MM is better than AR at $55MM.   Not sure how that is trolling, seems reasonable take.

1) Except, he implied that list was highly suggestive of his actual rankings, since he posted them to justify why he now considers Rodgers to be a below average QB (i.e., Rodgers was 17th in QB rating last year so he's now below average. Hence, my question: So does this mean Brock Purdy is now elite? Is he the best QB now because he had the best QB rating last season? It's a valid question, based on the argument that was presented) 

2) JG at 25 MM being better than AR at 55 MM is a reasonable take, although IMHO, it's wrong, primarily because Jimmy G is a walking injury and not as good as Rodgers when healthy

3) I never accused him of trolling, just being wrong :) 

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

No, he posted the list as a tool to determine who's above & below average. If one is below average based on this list, it stands to reason the same logic applies to any rank on this list as well, including #1 overall, as it applied to #34 overall.

Using the same logic/evidence that suggests Brock Purdy is the NFL's best QB, to show that Rodgers is now below average, is trolling. 

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You're thinking about broken hips. Also that's actual seniors, usually at least 70-80. Also you're thinking of women.

There may be more, but here are some QBs with broken thumbs over the past dozen years:

• Aaron Rodgers (38)
  • Greg McElroy (23)
  • Jared Goff (26)
  • Tim Boyle (26)
  • Jay Cutler (28)
  • RGIII (29)
  • Dak Prescott (29)
  • Andy Dalton (31)
  • While it wasn't a thumb, in 2017 Joe Burrow (21) also broke a bone in his hand before even getting drafted (or even before starting).

Seems about as closely linked to age as getting drunk.

Not sure what his motives are but my theory is Bitonti has been giving a Daniel Day Lewis like performance of a disgruntled Jet fan.  The whining, defeatist posts, and attempted besmirching of Aaron f'king Rodgers is too bizarre to be authentic. 

While I commend the method acting someone should tell him the Oscars are over. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not sure what his motives are but my theory is Bitonti has been giving a Daniel Day Lewis like performance of a disgruntled Jet fan.  The whining, defeatist posts, and attempted besmirching of Aaron f'king Rodgers is too bizarre to be authentic. 

Feels like there's about a half-dozen posters trying to fill the vacuum left behind by SAR.  Sad, really.  They don't even drive BMWs.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pac said:

How much do you suspect he costs at today's current prices per pound for ham?

All of this because someone loves to troll the Jet Nation community constantly. Anyone who thinks Aaron Rodgers is worse than some of the trash QBs on the list he provided, has bigger issues than the Jets QB situation. One day at a time, Bit. I have been there. I know how it feels. 

Eventually, the great QBs all cease being great.  The question is when.  Just because Rodgers was great until 2017, had off years in 2018-19, was league MVP in 20-21, and then off again in 22 doesn't help anyone predict what he will be in 23.

That's the gamble. When does a 40 year old QB decline?  The past is not prescient.  If he has a year or two of greatness still in him and stays healthy, this will be great for the Jets.  If he is on the decline, it may work out decently for a year.  Or he could be done.  Anyone who looks backwards at his career and thinks or assumes that he will definitely perform at a high level in 2023 is just being foolish or naive.

Manning, Brees, Brady and all the other iconic QBs  didn't play at that level forever - obviously.  And the decline came rather rapidly for all of them.  So when people rate Rodgers in the top 5 now and criticize others for not putting him there currently, they are basing it entirely on 2021 and before and have no clue what will happen with him in 2023.  

• Upvote 2

Eventually, the great QBs all cease being great.  The question is when.  Just because Rodgers was great until 2017, had off years in 2018-19, was league MVP in 20-21, and then off again in 22 doesn't help anyone predict what he will be in 23.
That's the gamble. When does a 40 year old QB decline?  The past is not prescient.  If he has a year or two of greatness still in him and stays healthy, this will be great for the Jets.  If he is on the decline, it may work out decently for a year.  Or he could be done.  Anyone who looks backwards at his career and thinks or assumes that he will definitely perform at a high level in 2023 is just being foolish or naive.
Manning, Brees, Brady and all the other iconic QBs  didn't play at that level forever - obviously.  And the decline came rather rapidly for all of them.  So when people rate Rodgers in the top 5 now and criticize others for not putting him there currently, they are basing it entirely on 2021 and before and have no clue what will happen with him in 2023.  

Good point. My crystal ball has been in the shop for a few weeks now. Once I get it back I will tell you how good he will be this upcoming season.

I think it's 75% he is more than good enough ... Hoping for late Chiefs era vintage Montana .. not expecting Brady on the Bucs.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Using the same logic/evidence that suggests Brock Purdy is the NFL's best QB, to show that Rodgers is now below average, is trolling. 

Brock Purdy could be the next Tom Brady

It's not trolling the kid was good last year, the Sfo made it to the nfc cg 

Aaron rodgers wasn't good last year, and they lost to Jared Goff on Sunday night football to go 8-9

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

Aaron rodgers wasn't good last year, and they lost to Jared Goff on Sunday night football to go 8-9

Gotcha. You think Brock Purdy = Tom Brady. 

I mean, minus the ability to throw a football for more than 8 straight games.

But then, you clearly love injury-prone QBs almost as much as you love to save Woody Johnson's money. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Where he sucked against the Eagles before getting hurt.

What is your obsession with trash, injury prone QBs?  The magic may be gone with Rodgers but at least he gives this team a shot at something.  None of the QBs you want give the Jets anything but disappointment and a high likelihood of ending up seeing Zach Wilson under center.  

And your takes that all these QBs are "cheaper" is even more mind-boggling.  You've been calling Woody Johnson a cheap owner for decades and now, all of a sudden, you're concerned about his wallet?  I get that there's a salary cap but we've seen teams (Rams, Saints) circumvent that effectively for a while now.  Who cares about the cost?  

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Where he sucked against the Eagles before getting hurt.

What is your obsession with trash, injury prone QBs?  The magic may be gone with Rodgers but at least he gives this team a shot at something.  None of the QBs you want give the Jets anything but disappointment and a high likelihood of ending up seeing Zach Wilson under center.  

And your takes that all these QBs are "cheaper" is even more mind-boggling.  You've been calling Woody Johnson a cheap owner for decades and now, all of a sudden, you're concerned about his wallet?  I get that there's a salary cap but we've seen teams (Rams, Saints) circumvent that effectively for a while now.  Who cares about the cost?  

Brock Purdy played well last year. Aaron Rodgers lost to Zach Wilson 

The cap hit on Rodgers in 2025 is insane 

21 minutes ago, bitonti said:

If you notice form the rankings you posted, both Purdy and Jimmy G were in the top 4 in QB ratings last year. Now, what's more likely:

1) SF had two truly elite NFL QBs on their roster last year?

OR

2) The 49er roster and coaching staff is staaaaaaaaacked, creating an atypically comfortable QB gig?

Just now, slimjasi said:

If you notice form the rankings you posted, both Purdy and Jimmy G were in the top 4 in QB ratings last year. Now, what's more likely:

1) SF had two truly elite NFL QBs on their roster last year?

OR

2) The 49er roster and coaching staff is staaaaaaaaacked, creating an atypically comfortable QB gig?

I don't know about truly elite but both played better than Aaron Rodgers did 

This board thinks this 40 year old player will show up and play like he did in 2017

Thats not how the league works 

This goes for obj as well 

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

This board hopes this 40 year old player will show up and play like he did in 2021

fixed

• Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

This board thinks this 40 year old player will show up and play like he did in 2017

And?  You think a 31-year old who can't stay healthy magically will stay healthy.  

• Upvote 1