Wil Levis reportedly plummeting down draft boards

8 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Sam Hartman in the third/fourth round next year.  

Chain mover, uber-accurate, fairly mobile, super composed, great beard, good looking kid, that played on QB 1 the same season as Fields. 

So it'll be just like having Fields only better. 

Jimmy Jimmy….

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 of these QBs or maybe even 2 might work out decently.  But they all have severe red flags and its why teams are hesitant to take them.  OR unworthy guys are getting pushed up the board simply because having a top-2 pick means you have to take a QB.  Thus it would also surprise no one if NONE of these guys work out.

The signs are there that this QB class sucks.  

The only guy I can remember without a red flag(s) in the past couple years was Trevor. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

The only guy I can remember without a red flag(s) in the past couple years was Trevor. 

QB's overall have not been very good the past few years. 

I think it is all the more reason to draft them and let them sit for a bit now.  Currently, there seems to be a bit of a widening gap between college and pro-ready.  It will change of course.  This stuff always does.  But for every Trevor Lawrence (who didn't really have a good rookie season), there seems to be more Zach Wilson's.  

When you go back the last five years, the QB's picked in the first round are as follows: Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, Daniel Jones, Dwayne Haskins, Joe Burrow, Tua Tagovailoa, Justin Herbert, Jordan Love, Trevor Lawrence, Trey Lance, Zach Wilson, Mac Jones, Justin Fields, Kenny Pickett.  There are still a LOT of question marks on that list, and one of them is dead.  

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Stroud has been my dream pick from day one, but that’s pie in the sky dreaming on my part.

Hooker doesn’t interest me at all. Levis is growing on me, and if we get Rodgers, he or Richardson might be the perfect development guy at #13.

If Douglas needs to draft OL in the first round every year, he’s not the guru he was touted as being. This team needs to solve its QB issue. Rodger’s isn’t a cure, he’s a band aid.

They can’t waste 13 on one of these guys with Rodgers here for the short term. They need to go for it with that pick. Kinda like the idea of Stroud with McDaniels, Levis with Steichner, and the Giants trading up to pair Richardson with Daboll. 

If people want to take one of these guys at 13 why not trade for trey lance instead with one of your 2nd rounders?

Lance has about the same resume as some of these dudes, has the same physical gifts as some of them but he has been in the league for a few years.

17 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

They can’t waste 13 on one of these guys with Rodgers here for the short term. They need to go for it with that pick. Kinda like the idea of Stroud with McDaniels, Levis with Steichner, and the Giants trading up to pair Richardson with Daboll. 

This isn’t the thread to get into a Rodgers discussion, but my feeling is if we make the trade, we won’t be picking this high again until the year after he retires. I would take my shot now. 
The thought of them believing trotting Zach out there again is viable makes me want to throw up.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If people want to take one of these guys at 13 why not trade for trey lance instead with one of your 2nd rounders?

Lance has about the same resume as some of these dudes, has the same physical gifts as some of them but he has been in the league for a few years.

Aside from the obvious 5 year rookie contract window? Lance has no resume.

If your idea was to throw sh*t against the wall just to get a reaction why not go with Malik Willis also?

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you’re a QB needy team in the second round, would you rather have Clayton Tune or swap a 3 and a future 5 for Zach Wilson?

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

This isn’t the thread to get into a Rodgers discussion, but my feeling is if we make the trade, we won’t be picking this high again until the year after he retires. I would take my shot now. 
The thought of them believing trotting Zach out there again is viable makes me want to throw up.

You are going to be very quesy two years form now when the jets tell the world zac is now the new starter after rodgers retires.

With the way the jets have a upside down doom horseshoe around their necks, I am preparing for Zac to be the starter at some point this coming year after Rodgers gets hurt.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1 of these QBs or maybe even 2 might work out decently.  But they all have severe red flags and its why teams are hesitant to take them.  OR unworthy guys are getting pushed up the board simply because having a top-2 pick means you have to take a QB.  Thus it would also surprise no one if NONE of these guys work out.

The signs are there that this QB class sucks.  

Think aside from the elite guys the success/failure of talented quarterbacks depends on the landing spot more than most things. If these guys are just bad enough to go to good teams that will develop them while the bad teams wait for a great class next year...it could be 2017 all over again - just with a QB going number one instead of an elite pass rusher.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re a QB needy team in the second round, would you rather have Clayton Tune or swap a 3 and a future 5 for Zach Wilson?

I just do not see a stubborn Douglas doing that so soon, even if he should.  I also do not think any team would trade for zac wilson right now with the thought of him being a starter.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

You are going to be very quesy two years form now when the jets tell the world zac is now the new starter after rodgers retires.

With the way the jets have an upside down doom horseshoe around their necks, I am preparing for Zac to be the starter at some point this coming year after Rodgers gets hurt.

I wish I could say this will never happen, but yeah. I can see every bit of it in our future. ?‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I just do not see a stubborn Douglas doing that so soon, even if he should.  I also do not think any team would trade for zac wilson right now with the thought of him being a starter.

If I was Douglas, I would want to ensure that Zach Wilson’s name never ends up on a paycheck that Woody Johnson has to autograph again. They should roll Wilson’s body up in a carpet, stuff it in a van waiting in the back alley behind 1JD, and ship him off to Houston under the cover of night as soon as the draft is over.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

With the way the jets have a upside down doom horseshoe around their necks, I am preparing for Zac to be the starter at some point this coming year after Rodgers gets hurt.

Two years from now, they have to extend Zach Wilson. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/8/2023 at 3:07 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

The same.

Josh Allen remains an all time outlier though — maybe we’ll see a trend of “traits” guys with zero production turning into great pros but I remain skeptical.

Josh Allen was not an outlier. He would've been the number one pick pre analytics era 

Ppl kept equating comp % to accuracy. ESPN ran with it...

Can we please stop doing this 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:46 AM, JETS SB said:

Articles say it appears to be an attitude and entitlement thing. Obviously we have been through this before but if he does indeed drop to us at 42/43, is it considered or does the fact he is 24 years old and its character thing, not worth the risk ? Its being said he has all the tools, 6’4” huge arm and mobile. 

It’s also being reported, maybe these reports are planted by team(s) that in fact want him. Either way, if he does indeed drop to day 2, trading up to the 3rd round seems like a low risk high reward pick. Thoughts ?

He’s got the look…the Look of Entitlement 

I wouldn’t trade Zach for this ego maniac. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, you don't trade for Aaron Rodgers (and high draft capital to boot), and then turn around and draft a QB.  It will either be an OL or probably an OL.  Or we trade down, collect more picks, and draft an OL. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah, you don't trade for Aaron Rodgers (and high draft capital to boot), and then turn around and draft a QB.  It will either be an OL or probably an OL.  Or we trade down, collect more picks, and draft an OL. 

The Jets will need a QB to play next year.  You absolutely take a QB if there's one you like at 13.

Rookie OL don't tend to be superstars their first year - there are plenty of FA options that would likely be as strong, this year, as any rookie OL you'll find at 13.

FA was the time to support the Rodgers year - not the draft.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

Josh Allen was not an outlier. He would've been the number one pick pre analytics era 

Ppl kept equating comp % to accuracy. ESPN ran with it...

Can we please stop doing this 

He's a massive outlier. Guys with his profile almost always suck.

Seriously, find me a guy with his awful stats and lack of production who worked out great in the pros? It's incredibly rare.

19 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

He's a massive outlier. Guys with his profile almost always suck.

Seriously, find me a guy with his awful stats and lack of production who worked out great in the pros? It's incredibly rare.

365/649    56.2 comp %   

5066 yds  7.8 ypa 

44 tds  21 int

137.7 qbr

Sandlot QB who was playing backyard football with very little experience, yes...

These are his career stats at Wyoming...

If you want to scout qbs on stats I can't help you. 

The analytics community can't just simply admit they were wrong and had fundamental problems with there methodology. Instead they'll just double and triple down that Allen was an outlier. It's silly dude 

16 minutes ago, Kelly to Allen no huddle said:

365/649    56.2 comp %   

5066 yds  7.8 ypa 

44 tds  21 int

137.7 qbr

Sandlot QB who was playing backyard football with very little experience, yes...

These are his career stats at Wyoming...

If you want to scout qbs on stats I can't help you. 

The analytics community can't just simply admit they were wrong and had fundamental problems with there methodology. Instead they'll just double and triple down that Allen was an outlier. It's silly dude 

I'm not really sure what you're actually arguing here.

Those stats aren't good. His college tape wasn't good. He was a very talented guy who was a huge project and guys who fall into that bucket and are drafted high rarely pan out.

Stats don't guarantee anything -- lots of guys with good stats who suck in the NFL because what they're doing isn't repeatable. But it's exceedingly rare for guys who just weren't productive in college to get "fixed" by a great coach and turn into good pro QBs.

Credit to Allen, his coaches, and the Bills. They rolled the dice on upside, bet on themselves and it worked out great. He's still a huge outlier.

On 4/23/2023 at 11:44 AM, Green Ghost said:

Aside from the obvious 5 year rookie contract window? Lance has no resume.

If your idea was to throw sh*t against the wall just to get a reaction why not go with Malik Willis also?

His resume is that he has actually been in the league for two years and that he costs less than one of the top picks in he draft who also have zero resumes.  Demeco Ryans has watched this guy in the pros for two years.  You have one hell of a lot more info on a guy in the league for two years than before they are drafted.  See Zac Wilson

5 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The Jets will need a QB to play next year.  You absolutely take a QB if there's one you like at 13.

Rookie OL don't tend to be superstars their first year - there are plenty of FA options that would likely be as strong, this year, as any rookie OL you'll find at 13.

FA was the time to support the Rodgers year - not the draft.

Yeah...I don't think its happening dude.  Rodgers was PISSED when Green Bay burned a 1st rounder on a QB rather than build around him.  It happens again, I bet he would just flat out retire and we wouldn't get one game out of him. 

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I'm not really sure what you're actually arguing here.

Those stats aren't good. His college tape wasn't good. He was a very talented guy who was a huge project and guys who fall into that bucket and are drafted high rarely pan out.

Stats don't guarantee anything -- lots of guys with good stats who suck in the NFL because what they're doing isn't repeatable. But it's exceedingly rare for guys who just weren't productive in college to get "fixed" by a great coach and turn into good pro QBs.

Credit to Allen, his coaches, and the Bills. They rolled the dice on upside, bet on themselves and it worked out great. He's still a huge outlier.

And lets not forget that, even though I actually like the Bills, their fans, and Josh Allen, he hasn't got them to the dance.  He has got to the prom, only to watch his date dance with the captain of the football team.

• Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:46 AM, JETS SB said:

Articles say it appears to be an attitude and entitlement thing. Obviously we have been through this before but if he does indeed drop to us at 42/43, is it considered or does the fact he is 24 years old and its character thing, not worth the risk ? Its being said he has all the tools, 6’4” huge arm and mobile. 

It’s also being reported, maybe these reports are planted by team(s) that in fact want him. Either way, if he does indeed drop to day 2, trading up to the 3rd round seems like a low risk high reward pick. Thoughts ?

Ive read he might " drop" to the Colts with the second pick.  I guess that we will see Thursday.