Aaron Rodgers traded to the New York Jets

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I stopped reading after this. That's just an insane statement.

why was it done now? i guess you wrote this before the Packer GM said..

Moving forward with compensation in this year's draft was important to us," Gutekunst said Monday, via ESPN.

5 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

No He is saying they are reworking his contract so that GB eats the cap hit for 2023 which is about 14+ Million more then if he they didn't rework the contract.

He is retweeting this comment.  From March.  Talking about the June 1 option.  I expect that the pack will take on some of the bonus, but not the full $58M.

• Upvote 3

Just now, BleedinGreenNC said:

How are we going to pay him? I have a bad feeling we are going to lose him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

You pay him but actually likely save cap this year. Making his cap hot less than his 5th year option this year. And given his age snd contract we can move his money around in future years.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Yes they are eating all of the 58 Million.... which is what I thought.... Hence why they gave up so much

You're acting like you know, but you don't. More then likely he's talking about it being a pre June 1st trade and talking all of that hit this year instead of spreading it out

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

I can’t take it anymore I’m going to bed lol.  If JD gets Rodgers, doesn’t have to cut Davis, drafts oline and dline and extends Q lookout ? 

Sleep in peace, friend.

And let the thoughts of compensation slap out of your assh0le as sweet dreams of Aaron Rodgers quarterbacking the Jets dance in your head.

This is what normal people do

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, BleedinGreenNC said:

How are we going to pay him? I have a bad feeling we are going to lose him.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

According to this they have $50m available next yr?

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap

Total Cap Liabilities: $204,140,345

Top 51: $204,140,345

Team Cap Space: $51,859,655

Don’t sweat it. Joe has this all worked out

why was it done now? i guess you wrote this before the Packer GM said..
Moving forward with compensation in this year's draft was important to us," Gutekunst said Monday, via ESPN.

Rodgers was never going back to the Packers. Stop sniffing glue. It's bad for you.

I’m just sort of catching up to the news right now and I’m pretty disappointed overall. That conditional first rounder is kick in the nuts. This dude had better be worth it because that’s a lot to pay. Now JD has to not screw the pooch in the draft. 

2 hours ago, usapaw said:

So far it looks like a 1st next year, even if he isn't playing. Did I miss something from the original announcement? Why give this up? They had no out. They were fugged and JD spent money/picks that never needed to be spent. Please explain why we needed to give this up? If it was tied to a playoff position or a SB I would totally understand ....but 65% of snaps???? Desperation.  Even if they win it all it was a play that wasn't necessary.

It’s a conditional 2nd, do I want the condition to be met…of course. But don’t count the chickens before the hatch.

The greatest part of this trade is, besides obtaining a HOF 4 time MVP as our QB for the next few years, the worst of the worst Jets fans, have come out of their holes and I can clearly silence about 15 of you. So happy.

To the rest of you, looking forward to some draft day trading by JD. It will happen. We need more picks this year and next and #15 doesnt give us an impact player at our positions of need, that we cannot trade down, to obtain.

1 minute ago, NamathToSauer said:

16 first round picks the last `12 years-0 playoffs. But yeah,lets hold onto that first next year instead of rolling the dice on an all time great QB.

Bunch of whining little b*tches post on this site

Yes sir. Post of the year. Thank you.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I think that makes it better for sure.

You’ve been carrying on because you came off looking foolish by claiming you knew exactly how the trade would go down. Do you really think Rodgers was ever walking away from that second year money? ( i don’t think you’re that stupid… far from it in fact)

Stop bitching just because things went differently than you thought, and enjoy the money you won. (that was a wonderful bet you made btw)

26 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

16 first round picks the last `12 years-0 playoffs. But yeah,lets hold onto that first next year instead of rolling the dice on an all time great QB.

Is Garret wilson good or bad?

Is Sauce Garder good or bad?

Is Alijah Vera tucker good or bad?

Is Quinnen williams good or bad?

Picks are very important, the rationale that we don't need them because we have been bad for so long and now the only reason we have promise is due to 1st round picks is bizarre.

By all means be super happy about getting Rodgers but also acknowledge it was pricey,  pricer than most people were speculating on.

It Rodgers comes in and takes us to where we want to go then the picks are worth trading, if things go bad then it will have been a bad gamble.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

So much for "Jets had all the leverage, GB will take what we give them", because that comp is alot.

1. We move down in the first in 2023 from 13 to 15
2. We lose a 2023 2nd Rounder
3. We lose a 2023 6th Rounder
4. We lose a 2024 1st Rounder (lets be honest, unless he gets hurt early in the year, he easily plays 65% in 2023)

1. We gain Aaron Rodgers.
2. We gain a 2023 5th

So much for the "no first rounders" narrative, and "it should be cheap, because leverage" narrative, this is a pretty huge price to pay for a likely 1-year rental @ $50 million+ in salary per season for the next several seasons, cap space wise.

We now have 1 pick in the 1st, 2nd, 4th and a 5th x2 to work with, draft wise.

Man, we sure better hope all these risky moves pay off, or it's going to be one rough couple years from 2024 onwards. This reeks of desperation.  

Yeah, it seems that the Jets got nervous and/or impatient. Oh well.

46 minutes ago, NamathToSauer said:

How did we do with our 1st rounders last year? 

In the past 4 years, Sauce, GW, AVT, and Quinnen were all 1st rounders.  But let's discount them, right?  Which young players do you think Aaron Rodgers waived his NTC to play with?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dcat said:

Assuming that we know all the details (doubtful), I would tend to agree.  Next yrs 1st for the 65% is the dagger in the heart. 

I'm curious how much of the money each side has to swallow.

Maybe Aaron can get us a big lead by half-time in every game, and then in the 2nd half they could put the back-up in to hopefully finish the game! :thumbup: 

• Haha 1