### The Official Draft Day One Discussion Thread ###

Maxman

57 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Flowers #1 WR?   Wow.  Which team?

I agree on Kincaid. I hope spelling doesn't count for you.

Rbs flip?  Interesting, but don't think so.

Good choice for falcons there.  Highly possible. Last year's RB pick looks good though. 

Levis to Houston or Tennessee.  I'd make a bet on both.  Big rumor that Titans are moving up for him. 

37 minutes ago, jetblue95 said:

are you assuming atlanta trades down and then grabs robinson?  because i have a hard time seeing him as the 2nd RB taken if he's going 8th overall

i don't see all of these happening obviously... but the odds are wild enough i only need to hit on 1 one of them... Robinson probably goes before Gibbs, but they are rumors (justified) that some teams prefer Gibbs as a scheme flexible back in the nfl... if there's a suprise there tonight and i hit on the swap -- my trip to NY this fall is paid for lol

Flowers to HOU maybe. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lith said:

The numbers don't bear this out.  Sack percent last two seasons;

• Wilson: 2022 - 8.7%; 2021 - 10.3%
  • White: 2022 - 4.9% : 2021 - 2.9%
  • Flacco:  2022 - 5.0%; 2021 - 4.5%

White and Flacco were sacked about 5% of their dropbacks last year; Would have been top 6 in the NFL last season.  Wilson's 8.7% would have been 27th.

Its not just about mobility.  This year, we are going to have a QB who has seen everything a DC can throw at him, goes through progressions quickly and efficiently, knows how to read defenses and set protections, understands where the rush is coming from and knows where his checkdowns are.  I think that can make a difference.  I will be happy if OL is the pick, but I do think Rodgers presence will elevate the play of the OL. 

This omits a very important fact.  AVT was lost in the DEN game in week 7.  Zach didn't play the first three games.  But in the three games after AVT got hurt, they gave up 6, 5, and 6 sacks.  Things settled down a bit after that, but that had some impact on the overall protection.  

5 minutes ago, Paradis said:

i don't see all of these happening obviously... but the odds are wild enough i only need to hit on 1 one of them... Robinson probably goes before Gibbs, but they are rumors (justified) that some teams prefer Gibbs as a scheme flexible back in the nfl... if there's a suprise there tonight and i hit on the swap -- my trip to NY this fall is paid for lol

Flowers to HOU maybe. 

Why is Zay Flowers not rondale moore or rashod bateman?  I see all the love for the guy and he looks pretty good but he looks good like those dudes did.

I think some guy like Quentin Johnson who has seemed to be dropping all through the process to pull a dj metcalfe and be really good at the next level.

8 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Aaron Rogers is a Jet, the Knicks won a playoff series, Rangers/Devils , and the NFL draft tonight. Im pretty much (more than usual) useless at work today. ?

And my wife wants me to pay attention to her when she is asking me what outfit should she buy for my sons girlfriend!!

9 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Really hoping for an Offensive Tackle today - and really hope that one we like doesn't go at 13 or 14.

My preference is Skoronski, Johnson, Jones, Wright.  If we miss out on those guys, Harrison after a trade down would be nice too.

I personally would rather use resources for defensive pressure, and see what happens with our incumbents.

This is exactly how it's going to go down.

• NYJ
    Calijah Kancey
    DT Pittsburgh
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Jack Campbell
    LB Iowa

• NYJ
    Luke Wypler
    OC Ohio State
    trade icon
  • NYJ
    Nathaniel Dell
    WR Houston

• NYJ
    Jordan McFadden
    OT Clemson

• NYJ
    Jake Haener
    QB Fresno State

• RB D.Cook

Trade Details

MIN

Received:

• Pick 15 - Brian Branch
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 23
  • RB D.Cook

Trade Details

NYG

Received:

• Pick 23 - Deonte Banks
NYJ

Received:

• Pick 25
  • Pick 89
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

We know Florio is dumb as a box of jock straps, but this sets a new low, even for him.

Still.  In what world would any team give a #11 pick - and more - for Hopkins?  

I read that as the titans give more.  The titans are getting 3 and hopkins for 11 and more and of course the more would have to be substantial.

9 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

And my wife wants me to pay attention to her when she is asking me what outfit should she buy for my sons girlfriend!!

Just some advice. No more than 2 Yes Dears in a row. Throw in a That’s Nice or an Oh That’s Cute.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Why is Zay Flowers not rondale moore or rashod bateman?  I see all the love for the guy and he looks pretty good but he looks good like those dudes did.

I think some guy like Quentin Johnson who has seemed to be dropping all through the process to pull a dj metcalfe and be really good at the next level.

for the sake of conversation:

• Flowers is more like Brandin Cooks, whom R. Moore was/would never be compared to. Moore was explosive but 70% of his production came from plays with 5 yards of the LOS. He was a gamble to stay healthy and develop as more than role player... sadly that doesn't look to be happening. Flowers isn't perfect, but he wins at all 3 levels, and knows how to attack the ball. 
  • I didn't like Bateman, too much of his production came from slants. digs and such, That he was overhyped. They're very different WRs imo
  • QJ the more i watch the more i'm scared to draft him at all. He's hella awkward physically running with the ball, very inconsistent hands, can be tackled by a fart. Arrelious Benn? 
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nycdan said:

We know Florio is dumb as a box of jock straps, but this sets a new low, even for him.

Still.  In what world would even a team as dumb as ARI trade #3 and Hopkins for #11 unless they are getting multiple first rounders back as well.

“Plus more”. Plus more people! It’s not a swap he’s saying lol

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

for the sake of conversation:

• Flowers is more like Brandin Cooks, whom R. Moore was/would never be compared to. Moore was explosive but 70% of his production came from plays with 5 yards of the LOS. He was a gamble to stay healthy and develop as more than role player... sadly that doesn't look to be happening. Flowers isn't perfect, but he wins at all 3 levels, and knows how to attack the ball. 
  • I didn't like Bateman, too much of his production came from slants. digs and such, That he was overhyped. They're very different WRs imo
  • QJ the more i watch the more i'm scared to draft him at all. He's hella awkward physically running with the ball, very inconsistent hands, can be tackled by a fart. Arrelious Benn? 

I don't recall recent drafts being so totally devoid of size at wrs for the top end guys.  Maybe I'm grasping at Johnson.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Bold predictions. 

Carter slides to 10+
Richardson goes before Levis 

Jets take a LB

Without a trade-down?  yes, that's a bold one.  I'd be stunned if we drafted a LB at all in the 1st, but there is no Micah Parsons in this draft worth taking at #13.  

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

few bets i made 

• Zay Flowers #1 WR 
  • Dalton Kincaide #1 TE
  • Robinson #2 RB
  • Gibbs #1 RB
  • Robinson to ATL
  • Levis to HOU

Got better odds than current on Anderson 2 and Stroud 3 along with some different long shots. Hopefully we hit some.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

“Plus more”. Plus more people! It’s not a swap he’s saying lol

How much 'more' is more?  To go from 11 to 3 would take the next two 1st round picks generally (see Trey Lance draft trade).  You want Hopkins thrown in too?  I guess they'll need him because they won't be able to draft a WR for 3 years. Is there a QB in this draft worth that?