Dalvin Cook Trade ?

We have to think Breece might be slow to start the season and our window with Aaron Rodgers might be just a couple of years.  Why not give Breece that extra time to recover and bring in Dalvin Cook in on trade, a premier RB, dual threat, who only likely has 1 or 2 years left? Not getting paid a ton. 

Likely won’t cost us much and could be the missing piece in this offense that has little behind Breece other than a rookie and Michael Carter. 

If we are truly all in for this year, don’t we need to solidify the RB position with Breece coming off a major injury? 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

34 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The Jets drafted this guy for that... No Need for a trade...

Izzy is a change of pace RB. Is not a receiving back or a blocker. Maybe he can be taught but if we are relying on him to be a dual threat, we are going to be disappointed. I love Izzy. I know the kid. He’s going to be fun. But he is raw and will likely be used minimally on offense this year. 

• WTF? 1

Love how people are already acting like Izzy solves the RB issue. He's a total unknown. He looks good but I also dont see a guy with juke/wiggle moves, to be fair. 

Dalvin Cook would be a damn good move if the price is right. I'd rather get a #1b WR opposite Garret Wilson though. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Barton said:

Love how people are already acting like Izzy solves the RB issue. He's a total unknown. He looks good but I also dont see a guy with juke/wiggle moves, to be fair. 

Dalvin Cook would be a damn good move if the price is right. I'd rather get a #1b WR opposite Garret Wilson though. 

I know the Jets FO thinks that 1b is Corey Davis ... but why ???

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Barton said:

Running back issue?  Hahaha.  There is no rb issues.  We have one of the best in the game whos on track to be 100% to start the season.

Though I do agree w/ u on ur 2nd point.  Joe D blew it by passing on JSN.

20 minutes ago, slats said:

What, exactly, is the RB issue? 

Breece isn’t even 22 years old yet. Young people generally recover faster. He was hurt in the 7th game of the year last season, opening day is ten months removed from that date. Nowadays an ACL typically takes about 6-9 months. All reports have Hall on or ahead of schedule, with many of those reports gushing about how well he’s doing. 

I know that Carter and Knight didn’t have stellar numbers last year, but you have to factor in the fact that the OL was decimated and when AVT ended his season in the same game as Hall, the running game was basically over. And with no one behind center, defenses stacked the box against that makeshift line. Weaknesses there are way overblown. In fact, if Becton can remain healthy, the running game should be significantly improved. They added another productive speedster in the draft to an already good RB room. They’re gonna be fine. 

Oh, they also upgraded at QB a little bit. That might affect the play calling and defenses a tad. 

There is no rb issues.  Jets fans want to put a healthy Breece Hall on ir to start the season.  Its insane.

Breece is getting 20 carries out of the gate and will be fantastic as he always is.  Full go from week 1.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

He’s due over $10M this year. I don’t think the Jets would put in a waiver claim on him if he were to be cut, they’re not trading anything away to pay that salary to a RB. I’m not too concerned about Breece or the Jets’ RBs too much, anyway. 

Spot on

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

Dameon Pierce, Rhamondre Stevenson and a bunch of other RBs drafted in the 4th round or later say hello. 

I'm not saying he can't be good.  Surely he might turn out to be special.

But I can also add to your list - 100's of 4th round RB's that weren't very good at all.  Pointing to a handful of successful doesn't make my point wrong.

Again..

Counting on a 4th round RB to have an impact on an all-in year is a mistake.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm not saying he can't be good.  Surely he might turn out to be special.

But I can also add to your list - 100's of 4th round RB's that weren't very good at all.  Pointing to a handful of successful doesn't make my point wrong.

Again..

Counting on a 4th round RB to have an impact on an all-in year is a mistake.

He's fourth string.  You can't have vets four deep at every position.  Rookies have to be counted on. 

4 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

He's fourth string.  You can't have vets four deep at every position.  Rookies have to be counted on. 

That may be the case-but go and read this thread. 

Fans here are talking like he's going to carry Hall's load while he continues to rehab.  

I mean Bam and Carter - might be enough.  I don't know.

But if you're counting on any 4th round rookie - then you do not have a good team or GM.

• More Ugh 1