Training Camp Updates -- Tues Aug 22

Lith

Just now, nycdan said:

We have no QB, we are doomed!  Jets sign AR

We drafted a DL instead of a WR or OT.  We are doomed!  Will McDonald looks great in camp.  Jones not so much.  JSN injured.

We have no OL, we are doomed!  Becton starting at RT

Jets fans unable to appreciate any amount of good news, scrambling to find the next bad story.

We have no WR depth, we are doomed!

I swear, the beat writers don't even need to try hard.  We do it for them.

Even if wilson never amounts to anything if becton becomes a good RT for a while, douglas will be the best gm in jets history.  If becton stays healthy he could be a pro bowl RT

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

We have no QB, we are doomed!  Jets sign AR

We drafted a DL instead of a WR or OT.  We are doomed!  Will McDonald looks great in camp.  Jones not so much.  JSN injured.

We have no OL, we are doomed!  Becton starting at RT

Jets fans unable to appreciate any amount of good news, scrambling to find the next bad story.

We have no WR depth, we are doomed!

I swear, the beat writers don't even need to try hard.  We do it for them.

That model has driven eyeballs for decades.  Why would beat writers fix something that isn't broken?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

The idea that anyone could fault a HC for one of his players getting injured has always been nuts to me. It's tackle football - guys get hurt. Starters, including starting QBs, have historically played at least one series in the preseason. It wasn't Herm's fault that Pennington broke his wrist 20 years ago, either. Even the controversy over Rex playing Sanchez late into the Snoopy Bowl was overblown, IMO. 

Mike Shanahan keeping RG3 in after injuring his knee was a pretty bad one but for the most part I agree.

• Upvote 3