Jamal Adams still on PUP, unlikely for week 1

39 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Read my post again I said Seattle lost the trade 

The Jets just haven't won many games without 33 what are we bragging about? 

Bragging?

Not quite.  Adams wouldn’t have changed the win/lose argument either way.  Up to now.  Now the assets from the trade have helped turn this team around.    I wasn’t dumb enough to think they turning the roster immediately 

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bragging?

Not quite.  Adams wouldn’t have changed the win/lose argument either way.  Up to now. 

if we're dealing with hypotheticals of how many wins or losses his 9 sacks would have caused in 2020,

hypothetically we don't really know if he would have gotten hurt if he stayed 

if injuries are just random like everyone says, who knows? 

what would Becton's career look like if GVR wasn't rolling around on the ground like a stuck pig? 

Chris Farley Idk GIF

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Like Zach just needs a change of scenery’s 

Geno was on 4 teams and Gannon 3 before becoming decent so maybe he just needs to get back on the bus for a few more stops. YOU CAN’T PROVE IT’S NOT POSSIBLE THEREFORE MY OPINION IS AS LIKELY AS YOURS!!!!!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Read my post again I said Seattle lost the trade 

The Jets just haven't won many games without 33 what are we bragging about? 

You, Larz and Pac getting this wrong.  

You’ve said before you don’t care about logic, only about being right.  just following your lead here.  😎

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

if we're dealing with hypotheticals of how many wins or losses his 9 sacks would have caused in 2020,

what would Becton's career look like if GVR wasn't rolling around on the ground like a stuck pig? 

Chris Farley Idk GIF

He’s an undersized WLB going up against giant OTs snap after snap.

Him getting hurt was inevitable.  

And thats a big reason why Seattle stopped blitzing him so much more recently.  He was sent on a blitz 98x his first 12 games/first season in Seattle.  Only 45 in the 13 games/2 seasons since.  

His only utility is via the blitz and he can’t do it without getting hurt.

Take the L sir.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You, Larz and Pac getting this wrong.  

You’ve said before you don’t care about logic, only about being right.  just following your lead here.  😎

ok the Seahawks beat the Jets 2x straight up since the trade 

the last time it effectively knocked us out of the playoffs

we "won" the trade, they "won" the games 

The "surprising" thing for me was that the scouting reports on him totally missed his massive ego. I can see a team letting a slow 40 time slide b/c it thinks a guy has great "football speed" and/or instincts on the field. But all the talk of him being a "culture changer" and such was so hilariously wrong -- unless, of course, they were talking about changing a culture for the worse...

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Are you saying you wouldn't have made this trade?  I'm trying to understand if you're just playing devil's advocate or if you really think we made a mistake here.  

I liked Adams, fwiw, but it's clear that the team needed to not only rebuild, but to change the culture.  Trading Adams helped do both of those things. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Best in the nation.

Ultimately, Jamal Adams was the catalyst for the sequence of events which led us to Aaron Rodgers.

https://www.si.com/nfl/seahawks/news/seattle-seahawks-jamal-adams-injury-update-training-camp-pete-carroll-preseason-roster-depth-chart

Coach Pete Carroll was asked on Tuesday if Adams has a realistic chance of playing in the season opener, and based on his answer, it doesn't seem likely that the Seahawks will have him on the field for Week 1.

"He's not quite as far along," Carroll said.

Since his trade from the New York Jets to the Seahawks in 2020, Adams has not maintained his health for a full season, leading to his absence in 25 games over the past three years. This season holds significant importance for Adams; if he can stay healthy and contribute to elevating the Seahawks' defense to an elite level, it would finally justify the steep price Seattle paid for his services.

HOF level trade for a box safety.

Jets receive: 

Two 1st rounders, a 3rd -->  AVT, Garrett Wilson

Brad McDougald -- > LOL but whatever

Seahawks receive:

Jamal Adams --> IR

4th rounder --> Coby Bryant

And we got rid of a Jamalcontent.  One of the best ever trades.

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

ok the Seahawks beat the Jets 2x straight up since the trade 

the last time it effectively knocked us out of the playoffs

we "won" the trade, they "won" the games 

That was a game he didn’t play in.  Seattle didn’t win because of Adams.  Didn’t prove they won the trade

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

That was a game he didn’t play in.  Seattle didn’t win because of Adams.  Didn’t prove they won the trade

Even if he did though, and even if he balled out, it still wouldn't mean a damn thing.  It's such a bad faith argument.  Obviously the team getting the 1st team All Pro is going to have more immediate success than the team getting 2 draft picks, especially when they are future draft picks.  We didn't actually get anything tangible for Adams until a full year after the trade.  Wilson, one of the pieces, just played his first season.  

Such a dumb argument though.  I remember when the Mets traded Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano.  I'm sure the Mets would have stomped the Devil Rays back then, which would mean ****all as far as whether the Mets made the right move there. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He’s an undersized WLB going up against giant OTs snap after snap.

Him getting hurt was inevitable.  

And thats a big reason why Seattle stopped blitzing him so much more recently.  He was sent on a blitz 98x his first 12 games/first season in Seattle.  Only 45 in the 13 games/2 seasons since.  

His only utility is via the blitz and he can’t do it without getting hurt.

Take the L sir.  

But see, Adams COULD have converted to QB, and become the Franchise QB we always needed.  YOU DON'T KNOW!!! IT COULDA HAPPENED!!!!

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, jgb said:

yeah right whatever GIF

Just because no monkey has ever flown out of your butt, and it would be completely unprecedented for monkeys to fly out of your butt, that doesn't mean it cannot happen.  Your butt clearly has elite potential for butt monkeys, and your #1 butt monkey guy ahead of you is a HOF butt monkey guy, so it could happen.  IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Just because no monkey has ever flown out of your butt, and it would be completely unprecedented for monkeys to fly out of your butt, that doesn't mean it cannot happen.  Your butt clearly has elite potential for butt monkeys, and your #1 butt monkey guy ahead of you is a HOF butt monkey guy, so it could happen.  IT COULD HAPPEN!!!!!

And since you concede it is not impossible, then you must agree it is at least as likely as the non-monkeys-from-the-butt hypothesis and act with rage at any suggestion otherwise while dismissing all anti-monkey-buttians as “haters” who live in their mother’s basement and probably kiss her with an open mouth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You lost

I’m reminded of a (likely apocryphal) story about President Calvin “Silent Cal” Coolidge being seated next to a woman at a dinner party who said to him, “I bet my friends that I could get at least three words out of you tonight.” He replied “You lose.”

Moral of the story: @Sperm Edwards will never be President.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, TheClashFan said:

The "surprising" thing for me was that the scouting reports on him totally missed his massive ego. I can see a team letting a slow 40 time slide b/c it thinks a guy has great "football speed" and/or instincts on the field. But all the talk of him being a "culture changer" and such was so hilariously wrong -- unless, of course, they were talking about changing a culture for the worse...

He's a gifted salesman.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

SeahawksNation.com is that away ———->

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

But see, Adams COULD have converted to QB, and become the Franchise QB we always needed.  YOU DON'T KNOW!!! IT COULDA HAPPENED!!!!

You couldn't stay away from this fun topic full of schadenfreude for long, could you.  :)

23 hours ago, bitonti said:

Chris Farley Idk GIF

Can we also do a hypothetical how many yards and tds you give up by having a SS 2 feet from the los on very single play all year?

That 9 sack stat is one of the most hilarious misleading stats of all time.

Take any SS in he league, blitz them like 70 times a year and let them stand in the box on almost every play and they will cobble 9 sacks together.  Also, like jamal and the seahawks that will totally expose the secondary and they will get killed, which is what happened to seattle.

In jamal big years there they had one of the very worst defense and pass defense in the league.  The next year seeing the error of their ways they played him off ball a lot more and then watched him get totally scorched in coverage game in and game out.

Jamal Adams, the most overrated player in the NFL over the last 25 years.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1