I'm Still Not Sold On Zach Wilson

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Zach can’t hear you crying 

He’s too busy living out his dream life 

The irony is that this is a much better argument why he doesn't need fans to white knight for him then why he's apparently above criticism for doing his job poorly.

• Upvote 1

On 9/1/2023 at 10:00 AM, JohnnyLV said:

I should hire a sexy girl in a bikini that just says things like "Zach sucks doesn't he?" "think about bashing Zach on Jets nation" "Zach is the 69th rated QB in the nation" 

Etc...

It would get 1 million views from you guys

What are you waiting for?

• Haha 1

I should hire a sexy girl in a bikini that just says things like "Zach sucks doesn't he?" "think about bashing Zach on Jets nation" "Zach is the 69th rated QB in the nation" 
Etc...
It would get 1 million views from you guys

What's the difference? We already have the three headed monster posting like this already

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2023 at 1:32 PM, Jet Nut said:

So getting Rodgers wasn’t moving on from Zach?  Trey wouldn’t have been traded away if not for Purdy

Have to disagree. They gave Lance a fair shot to beat out darnold for the # 2. Had the Jets brought in a higher caliber backup like bridgewater, etc, and they beat up zach for the #2 , Wilson would be sent backing too.  JD purposely didn’t bring in a solid backup to avoid that scenario. Just like last yr - having backups that were thought wouldn’t be a threat to overtake zach if he struggled. Two things happened there - they didn’t expect to compete last yr , so zach would have got more rope. But thanks to 3 all pro type rookies and a great D they were competitive. Jets also didn’t foresee Zach playing as horrible as he did. Back to the 9ers, they went through 3 qbs last yr. Which is why they value backup qbs. Not get cute like JD to do what’s best for Zach. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/29/2023 at 5:50 PM, Matt39 said:

I think it’s fair to say Zappe is ahead of Wilson. The Jets are not picking up Wilson’s 5th year option next season. Getting the best player behind Rodgers this year should be high priority. 9-10 teams vying for 7 slots in the AFC. It’s about this year only now. If Rodgers has to miss a few weeks that could be the difference between playoffs or not.

🏆

28 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Have to disagree. They gave Lance a fair shot to beat out darnold for the # 2. Had the Jets brought in a higher caliber backup like bridgewater, etc, and they beat up zach for the #2 , Wilson would be sent backing too.  JD purposely didn’t bring in a solid backup to avoid that scenario. Just like last yr - having backups that were thought wouldn’t be a threat to overtake zach if he struggled. Two things happened there - they didn’t expect to compete last yr , so zach would have got more rope. But thanks to 3 all pro type rookies and a great D they were competitive. Jets also didn’t foresee Zach playing as horrible as he did. Back to the 9ers, they went through 3 qbs last yr. Which is why they value backup qbs. Not get cute like JD to do what’s best for Zach. 

If they wanted to move Darnold they wouldn’t have gotten anything in return they were able to get something for Lance.  
The Jets weren’t keeping Bridgewater over Wilson.  I think they believe ZW can be salvaged if he practices with Rodgers, learns from Rodgers.  Bridgewater is an often injured, weak armed QB who is what he is.  Maybe next year if they don’t see any improvement but not after one preseason and one game.  

27 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

If they wanted to move Darnold they wouldn’t have gotten anything in return they were able to get something for Lance.  
The Jets weren’t keeping Bridgewater over Wilson.  I think they believe ZW can be salvaged if he practices with Rodgers, learns from Rodgers.  Bridgewater is an often injured, weak armed QB who is what he is.  Maybe next year if they don’t see any improvement but not after one preseason and one game.  

You are forgetting the owed money of Lance . 11 mil goes against cap over 2 yrs for 9ers. Darnold only owed 3.5 mil just  this yr. So Factoring in 4th round pick, maybe even at best if not factoring in “ who is better option as #2. 

jets could have done the same thing, get a draft pick for Zach, and still have the better backup. But it all comes down to they weren’t ready to give up on Zach for future. 9ers just wanted best backup unlike jets, and were ready to give up Lance. Risk slim chance he becomes a viable starter. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

You are forgetting the owed money of Lance . 11 mil goes against cap over 2 yrs for 9ers. Darnold only owed 3.5 mil just  this yr. So Factoring in 4th round pick, maybe even at best if not factoring in “ who is better option as #2. 

jets could have done the same thing, get a draft pick for Zach, and still have the better backup. But it all comes down to they weren’t ready to give up on Zach for future. 9ers just wanted best backup unlike jets, and were ready to give up Lance. Risk slim chance he becomes a viable starter. 

I don’t get the love towards Teddy.  He failed as a backup in Miami.  And I think we agree they still believe Zach has a future.  He was 7-7 as a starter the year before in Denver and 4-11 the year before in Carolina.  
I don’t think Darnold was signed to compete to backup Purdy, I think once they knew Purdy would be ready for the opener they decided to trade Lance. 

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I don’t get the love towards Teddy.  He failed as a backup in Miami.  And I think we agree they still believe Zach has a future.  He was 7-7 as a starter the year before in Denver and 4-11 the year before in Carolina.  
I don’t think Darnold was signed to compete to backup Purdy, I think once they knew Purdy would be ready for the opener they decided to trade Lance. 

Teddy had some bad luck last season with injuries and only attempted 79 passes. The year before that he was the starter in Denver for 14 games, during which he attempted 426 passes with a 67% completion percentage, 18TDs/7INTs, and a QB rating of 95.

To risk sounding like a broken record: sample size.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Not saying teddy is the greatest. It is tough to find a dependable backup qb. That made the decision to keep zach easier. I do think darnold is a better qb than zach. If Purdy was to go down, or not play great they will go to Sam. Their teams have been that good that they will give the hook to a qb even if they are winning. There was talk of putting Purdy in before jimmy got hurt. Which is where the jets should be now. That was issue last yr, despite zach not putting up great numbers, the argument was “ they still won with him.” 

11 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach has shown he can beat Top Level Teams when he plays well. It was the guy on the other side of the field that threw 3 Interceptions

there is no 'if'

The Jets won Monday Night

You put the anal into analysis 

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

Zach has shown he can beat Top Level Teams when he plays well. It was the guy on the other side of the field that threw 3 Interceptions

there is no 'if'

This is supposed to help your argument? He’s already done what he did that night. Beat the Bills at home doing just barely enough while Josh Allen keeps giving us the ball. What happened after that? 

If they beat the Cowboys this week and he plays well, then maybe I’ll start to feel better about him. I think the locker room is buying into him more now than last year.

18 minutes ago, WestCoastMole said:

there is no 'if'

Such a big game for Zach. He gets the Patriots game either way but an upset in Dallas would settle things down. A loss against the boys and then the pats and it isn't looking good for Zach.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jgb said:

Teddy had some bad luck last season with injuries and only attempted 79 passes. The year before that he was the starter in Denver for 14 games, during which he attempted 426 passes with a 67% completion percentage, 18TDs/7INTs, and a QB rating of 95.

To risk sounding like a broken record: sample size.

4-11, 7-7, 0-1.

3700 yards in Carolina & 3100 yards in Denver.  

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Sweet let’s just ask other teams not to apply pressure then.  Easy peasy!

Or ask your own OLine not to suck.   That works too.  

The fact he’s a top 5 Qb when not pressured was ignored huh? 

Starting to look more and more like an elite QB in development.