Honestly, Rodgers looked old

Facts

1 hour ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

He is old. He looked old, injured and on the downward slide last season.

Pinning all your hopes on a 40 year old QB always had a high chance in failure.

JD made a desperation move to save his job because of how massive of a bust Wilson is.

It is what it is. Hopefully he isnt hurt too badly.

I know you want to jump in @Joe W. Namath, those were your previous thoughts before we got AR, now support this poster!

2 hours ago, Facts said:

I’m leaving the game.

Yes, the o-line is bad, but he was completely oblivious to the pass rushers on both pass attempts. His reaction time was very poor. And that was not a hard hit he took. The Bills linebacker did not even land on him.

As you get older, it’s much easier to pull something, strain something, have slowed reaction times to pass rushers, etc. It’s part of aging.

In short, I honestly, sadly, think we were duped. Green Bay saw the writing on the wall. Saw he was old and about at the end. And they decided to jettison him (no pun intended) while they could still get a bounty.

Even if he comes back this season, I see little hope for the Super Bowl aspirations so many had. He’s old.

How were the Jets “duped”? Did Douglas not look up Rogers’ birthday? Our GM felt it was wise to mortgage the future and bank everything on the back of a QB who is going to turn 40 this year, betting against all the risks you pointed out. Well, looks like he lost. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

How were the Jets “duped”? Did Douglas not look up Rogers’ birthday? Our GM felt it was wise to mortgage the future and bank everything on the back of a QB who is going to turn 40 this year, betting against all the risks you pointed out. Well, looks like he lost. 

Hey at least we get our 1st round pick back!

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

Douglas was duped into thinking father time hadn’t caught up to Rodgers.

It had.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

Douglas was duped into thinking father time hadn’t caught up to Rodgers.

It had.

As you yourself pointed out, Father Time waits for no one. Joe Douglas wasn’t duped. He was foolish. He thought he got himself another Tom Brady and failed to look at the track records of the dozens of other 40 something’s who have played QB in the NFL. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

As you yourself pointed out, Father Time waits for no one. Joe Douglas wasn’t duped. He was foolish. He thought he got himself another Tom Brady and failed to look at the track records of the dozens of other 40 something’s who have played QB in the NFL. 

Agreed.

I honestly don’t think our chances are much worse with Wilson that it was with 40 year old Rodgers.

In either case, the defense would be winning us games.

• More Ugh 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Facts said:

Agreed.

I honestly don’t think our chances are much worse with Wilson that it was with 40 year old Rodgers.

In either case, the defense would be winning us games.

So now Wilson isn’t much of a downgrade from Aaron Rodgers.

The human mind’s capacity to deceive itself is boundless.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

So now Wilson isn’t much of a downgrade from Aaron Rodgers.

The human mind’s capacity to deceive itself is boundless.

I know you just want to make the rude comment without thinking critically but Rodgers, in only 4 snaps, completely missed 2 pass rushers steaming toward him, as well as missed wide open receivers. THIS IS WHY Green Bay was okay letting him go. They know his skills had diminished. 

Green Bay didn’t trade Rodgers because they thought Love is a stud. They traded him because they knew he was toast.

He would have been better than Zach but I believe the difference is smaller than most realize at his current age.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Facts said:

I know you just want to make the rude comment without thinking critically but Rodgers, in only 4 snaps, completely missed 2 pass rushers steaming toward him, as well as missed wide open receivers. THIS IS WHY Green Bay was okay letting him go. They know his skills had diminished. 

It’s not rude, it’s factual (and not in the ironic way used in your username).

Just now, Facts said:

He would have been better than Zach but I believe the difference is smaller than most realize at his current age.

That’s not a valid comparator.

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Even if Rodgers was no longer "MVP" Rodgers, he was still capable of top 10 QB play.

No he wasn’t.

Barely top 20 play.

Green Bay traded him because they knew he was toast. We were the only team stupid enough to take the bait.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

They traded him because they felt Love was ready and they didn't want to pay Rodgers 50 million this year. 

They traded a top 10 QB because they wanted to see if their lottery ticket would pan out and they’re cheap?

Mmm, yeah, no.

Visit the Packers forum. The fans who watched him for nearly two decades and know him inside and out were talking about his degradation of skill for the past year.

The Packers saw the writing on the wall and they found a sucker in Douglas.

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Facts said:

They traded a top 10 QB because they wanted to see if their lottery ticket would pan out and they’re cheap?

Mmm, yeah, no.

Visit the Packers forum. The fans who watched him for nearly two decades and know him inside and out were talking about his degradation of skill for the past year.

Degradation doesn't necessarily mean immediately being washed up.

Sure, the MVP Rodgers was probably not gonna happen here, but top 10, maybe top 15 at the worst QB here was in play.

Just now, Facts said:

Mmm, yeah, no. Visit the Packers forum. The fans who watched him for nearly two decades and know him inside and out were talking about his degradation of skill for the past year.

I just posted his numbers with an injury and a not great supporting cast. A NYJ QB has had those numbers about 3 times in the last 50 years. Rodgers was also league MVP 2 years ago. It's total bullsh*t that he can't pay at a high level anymore. This team would have been special this year if he remained healthy. Now we get to watch the scrub screw it up. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Jetsfan4life90 said:

Degradation doesn't necessarily mean immediately being washed up.

Sure, the MVP Rodgers was probably not gonna happen here, but top 10, maybe top 15 at the worst QB here was in play.

Top 20, maybe. 

and for probably half a season.

The 4 snaps we saw of Rodgers was not good football. Had receivers open and didn’t throw it. Didn’t see pass rushers coming. Got hurt on a wimpy hit.

He was toast. Packers knew it.

• Haha 2

Just now, Facts said:

Top 20, maybe. 

and for probably half a season.

The 4 snaps we saw of Rodgers was not good football. Had receivers open and didn’t throw it. Didn’t see pass rushers coming. Got hurt on a wimpy hit.

He was toast. Packers knew it.

I'll give you the 4 snaps we did see didn't look good. As bad as the o-line played tonight, some of that is on Rodgers.

That being said, it doesn't mean he was gonna be like that all game. Maybe it was the nerves on the opening drive, getting familiar and in sync in live action, etc. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I just posted his numbers with an injury and a not great supporting cast. A NYJ QB has had those numbers about 3 times in the last 50 years. Rodgers was also league MVP 2 years ago. It's total bullsh*t that he can't pay at a high level anymore. This team would have been special this year if he remained healthy. Now we get to watch the scrub screw it up. 

Yeah, that was a year ago.

Thats how time works.

Each year you get slower, less reactive, more tentative, and then finally - Wham - you hit a wall.

For example:

Manning

2014: 39 TD, 15 INT

2015: 9 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Brett Favre

2009: 33 TD, 7 INT

2010: 11 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Tony Romo

2014: 34 TD, 9 INT

2015: 5 TD, 7 INT

Dan Marino

1998: 23 TD, 15 INT

1999: 12 TD, 17 INT (retired)

Dan Fouts

1985: 27 TD, 20 INT

1986: 16 TD, 22 INT (retired next year)

Jim Kelly

1995: 22 TD, 13 INT

1996: 14 TD, 19 INT (retired)

Donovan McNabb

2009: 22 TD, 10 INT

2010: 14 TD, 15 INT (retired next year)

Steve Young

1998: 36 TD, 12 INT

1999: 3 TD, 4 INT (retired)

• Upvote 1

He looked a lot like he looked last year.

As a Jet fan it sucks to see and sad it happened so early...

But with the Tackles the Jets put out there trying to protect an aging, soon to be, 40 year old QB.  It was just a matter of time before he got hurt,  Later than sooner would have been better!!!!! SUCKS...

If you were paying attention it was pretty easy to see coming.

Sucks....This was our years, this was the team...the talent is everywhere... But Jets.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Rodgers sold a lot of season tickets and jerseys. 

Woody doesn’t deserve to wear that necklace until he accomplishes something, that’s the problem with this franchise, celebrating before you even win anything. I would love to see a fed up player rip that sh*t off his neck and tell him to come back and get it when he earns it. It’s like smacking a little brat.

27 minutes ago, Icer said:

He barely had a cup of coffee, it was literally the first drive of Week 1. 

That’s enough of a sample size to say Rodgers is a geriatric and no longer an upgrade over Zach Wilson.

I do understand that it’s just an emotional coping mechanism so let’s him have it tonight.