Joe Douglas

Lupz27

19 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Man you arent very bright.  This is very simple

2. I simply pointed out the numerous flaws in that moronic statement. Going so far as to use your own example of Jurgens.   Expounding on that, both Roseman and JD drafted a center when they "needed" one.  Both teams then wound up not having that player start due to a veteran being a better fit (now please do not infer that I am comparing Kelce to McGovern - Kelce is obviously much better).   Yet you believe that Jurgens was smart and Tippman is a mistake. Theres no correlation there.

Not sure what else you need to see to realize that whether a rookie starts day 1 is not directly correlated to their ability or the value of their selection

Oh- and btw- the Eagles have not needed a center for the past decade as the one they selected in 2011 is a 5x All Pro.  Yet they continues to draft offensive linemen despite the unit being strong.  Douglas?? Nah- not so much

You're wrong- again

1 minute ago, Sam_S said:

Oh- and btw- the Eagles have not needed a center for the past decade as the one they selected in 2011 is a 5x All Pro.  Yet they continues to draft offensive linemen despite the unit being strong.  Douglas?? Nah- not so much

You're wrong- again

So Douglas didnt draft a center, I thought he drafted Joe Tippman.

Also - the Eagles drafted Jurgens because Kelce has been considering retirement for 2 years, that was why they considered it a potential "need".

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

I wrote "possible contributing player" which he is since there are 16 more games this year. - God youre a moron.

LOL- so until Tippman starting contributing the Jets need a starting OC.  Even the brain dead can figure that out- sorry you're left our of the equation.

12:50PM- where did i say Tippman was a bust or the wrong choice?

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

So Douglas didnt draft a center, I thought he drafted Joe Tippman.

Also - the Eagles drafted Jurgens because Kelce has been considering retirement for 2 years, that was why they considered it a potential "need".

LOL- i specifically referenced "offensive linemen" not centers- but again the point blew past you- not surprised.

3 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- so until Tippman starting contributing the Jets need a starting OC.  Even the brain dead can figure that out- sorry you're left our of the equation.

12:50PM- where did i say Tippman was a bust or the wrong choice?

Geezus this is ridiculous.

Just curious, since tippman didnt start, who snapped the ball on Monday night, because to you, we need a starting OC.  

So you can say that we need an OC, completely disregard that we resigned one in FA and drafted on in the second round and then say that you agree with both of those choices?  If you agree with drafting Tippman or signing McG then why would we NEED A CENTER?

It cant be both.....brutal

8 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Geezus this is ridiculous.

Just curious, since tippman didnt start, who snapped the ball on Monday night, because to you, we need a starting OC.  

So you can say that we need an OC, completely disregard that we resigned one in FA and drafted on in the second round and then say that you agree with both of those choices?  If you agree with drafting Tippman or signing McG then why would we NEED A CENTER?

It cant be both.....brutal

LOL- you're correct- you're so dense its pathetic . 

McGovern is garbage- the Jets took him back out of desperation. 

Forget opinions- look at the fact they waited till just days before the draft to resign him to a one year deal.  Leave your echo chamber and do about 30 seconds of research on what the Jets wanted to do at the OC position in FA last year before going to plan D- resigning McGovern.  Tippman??  You yourself are now calling him a "possible contributing player."  Its effing comical.

And you still have not clear evidence to prove i claimed Tippman was a bust or bad choice and its 1:10

1 minute ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- you're correct- you're so dense its pathetic . 

McGovern is garbage- the Jets took him back out of desperation. 

Forget opinions- look at the fact they waited till just days before the draft to resign him to a one year deal.  Leave your echo chamber and do about 30 seconds of research on what the Jets wanted to do at the OC position in FA last year before going to plan D- resigning McGovern.  Tippman??  You yourself are now calling him a "possible contributing player."  Its effing comical.

And you still have not clear evidence to prove i claimed Tippman was a bust or bad choice and its 1:10

If Tippman was a good choice - then why do we need a center?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Sure bud - welcome to the forum and congrats on completely embarrassing yourself. 

LOL- tough words from the poster who clowns himself by claiming the Jets don't need a center because they have a potential contributing player on the bench that's yet to take a snap- and is already counting that player as the center of the future.

1:35 clown- where is the evidence i claimed Tippman was a bust or bad choice?

13 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- tough words from the poster who clowns himself by claiming the Jets don't need a center because they have a potential contributing player on the bench that's yet to take a snap- and is already counting that player as the center of the future.

1:35 clown- where is the evidence i claimed Tippman was a bust or bad choice?

Buddy - I think I speak for the board as a whole when I say this is getting sad for you.

For the LAST time.  The evidence that you think Tippman is a bad choice is in the above sentence where you state that we need a center.  If he was a good choice then we wouldnt need one.  Just because you are focusing on semantics doesnt negate your point.  I apologize that I incorrectly used the term "bust".   If my inference is wrong then why dont you explain to everyone in this thread why exactly do the Jets need a center?

And just for the record, you are correct - I am 1000000% claiming that we do NOT need a center.  I am making that claim entirely based on the fact that  not only do we have a veteran starter on the roster but we have a 2nd round pick with high upside developing behind him to take over the position in 2024.  That is what im saying very very clearly.  I am also saying very clearly that Tippman "not starting in week 1" does not in ANY WAY mean that we still need a center and that using him "not starting" as your argument is  preposterous.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Buddy - I think I speak for the board as a whole when I say this is getting sad for you.

For the LAST time.  The evidence that you think Tippman is a bad choice is in the above sentence where you state that we need a center.  If he was a good choice then we wouldnt need one.  Just because you are focusing on semantics doesnt negate your point.  I apologize that I incorrectly used the term "bust".   If my inference is wrong then why dont you explain to everyone in this thread why exactly do the Jets need a center?

And just for the record, you are correct - I am 1000000% claiming that we do NOT need a center.  I am making that claim entirely based on the fact that  not only do we have a veteran starter on the roster but we have a 2nd round pick with high upside developing behind him to take over the position in 2024.  That is what im saying very very clearly.  I am also saying very clearly that Tippman "not starting in week 1" does not in ANY WAY mean that we still need a center and that using him "not starting" as your argument is  preposterous.

LOL- i'm sure you speak for the board as a whole- and i'm not your buddy. Even this latest reply shows how futile you are and your inability to grasp simple concepts.   And I've explained numerous times why the Jets need a starting center.  Or at least a decent starting center versus the trash they put on the field now.

Most people understand that until Tippman takes the field and proves his worth he's not a starting center in the NFL or the Jets.  That's a simple concept you can't understand because of willful ignorance- Douglas drafted him so the box at center has been checked off.   

Making the claim the Jets need a starting center versus relying on a second round pick that's sitting on the bench and has proven nothing to be your starter is just common sense- something you've proven to lack throughout your posts entirely on this forum.

Then to claim they are developing him for 2024 is asinine, considering the Jets were built to win in 2023.  But you choose to willfully embarrass yourself.

Could Tippman be the starter in 2024?  Possibly.  Could he be the starter come November?  Possibly.  But to rely on a 2nd round pick sitting on the bench as your future starter- especially considering how awful Douglas has managed the oline since he arrived- is just head up the a$$ willful igonrance.   Congrats- you win the trophy!!!!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Facts said:

he needs to answer for this…

Here is what JD has spent on Zach, Mims, Becton, Moore and Rodgers. Who collectively have done nothing for this club.

- 2020 first round pick (No. 11)

- 2020 second round pick (No. 59)

- 2021 first round pick (No. 2)

- 2021 second round pick (No. 34)

- 2023 first-round pick (No. 13 - swap)

- 2023 second-round pick (No. 42)

- 2023 sixth-round pick (No. 207) 

- 2024 second-round pick (TBD)

- $120M+ guaranteed 

Imagine the squad a competent GM could build with this haul!!!

without getting into politics, you spun that better than any politician could.

Where would be without Douglass as our GM?  it was only a couple of years ago, when there seemed like this team was the joke of the NFL.

31 minutes ago, Sam_S said:

LOL- i'm sure you speak for the board as a whole- and i'm not your buddy. Even this latest reply shows how futile you are and your inability to grasp simple concepts.   And I've explained numerous times why the Jets need a starting center.  Or at least a decent starting center versus the trash they put on the field now.

Most people understand that until Tippman takes the field and proves his worth he's not a starting center in the NFL or the Jets.  That's a simple concept you can't understand because of willful ignorance- Douglas drafted him so the box at center has been checked off.   

Making the claim the Jets need a starting center versus relying on a second round pick that's sitting on the bench and has proven nothing to be your starter is just common sense- something you've proven to lack throughout your posts entirely on this forum.

Then to claim they are developing him for 2024 is asinine, considering the Jets were built to win in 2023.  But you choose to willfully embarrass yourself.

Could Tippman be the starter in 2024?  Possibly.  Could he be the starter come November?  Possibly.  But to rely on a 2nd round pick sitting on the bench as your future starter- especially considering how awful Douglas has managed the oline since he arrived- is just head up the a$$ willful igonrance.   Congrats- you win the trophy!!!!

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was any of that even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. we are all now dumber for having to read it.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BCJet said:

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was any of that even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. we are all now dumber for having to read it.

I'm not surprised it made no sense to you- you live in an echo chamber solely reliant on things you only want to hear.  Your posts all prove the point. 

On 9/12/2023 at 6:37 PM, Bowles Movement said:

Was it bad management by Tampa Bay when 43 yo Tom Brady won them a Super Bowl?

No, Tampa Bay had a superbowl caliber roster and Brady was the most successful superbowl QB of all time. 

There was also one other really significant difference between those two situation, Tom Brady was a free agent and cost nothing but money to aquire! That's an enormous distinction. If the Bucs had an offense that wasn't close to ready to compete for a superbowl and they traded a 1st and 2nd round pick (and then some!) for Brady... Yes, it absolutely would have been a mistake. Trading future assets for an old, rental QB works if you're a superbowl ready roster. It works great if you're the Bucs or Rams. If your roster isn't ready, then you just blew future assets on a, maybe, more exciting season. If the goal is sustained success and ultimately a superbowl, which is should be, than it was always a horrible, desperatiom move for the Jets. Look at the state of the Rams and Bucs after that window shut. That was going to be the Jets in a season (maybe 2) except without a superbowl to show for it. 

1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

No, Tampa Bay had a superbowl caliber roster and Brady was the most successful superbowl QB of all time. 

There was also one other really significant difference between those two situation, Tom Brady was a free agent and cost nothing but money to aquire! That's an enormous distinction. If the Bucs had an offense that wasn't close to ready to compete for a superbowl and they traded a 1st and 2nd round pick (and then some!) for Brady... Yes, it absolutely would have been a mistake. Trading future assets for an old, rental QB works if you're a superbowl ready roster. It works great if you're the Bucs or Rams. If your roster isn't ready, then you just blew future assets on a, maybe, more exciting season. If the goal is sustained success and ultimately a superbowl, which is should be, than it was always a horrible, desperatiom move for the Jets. Look at the state of the Rams and Bucs after that window shut. That was going to be the Jets in a season (maybe 2) except without a superbowl to show for it. 

The point is to put yourself in the absolute best possible situation to win the Superbowl.

If you feel like your team is one player away from competing for one you go get that player.  If you have to give up future assets for the chance you do it.  Especially when it's a gaping hole at the most important position in sports.

Any team built as well as the Jets would have made the exact same move to get AR if they could have.

Do you think if Dallas knew he wanted to play 3 years and the Packers were dumb enough to trade him there they wouldn't drop Dak in a heartbeat to have those 3 years?  Including giving up more picks than they would get back for Dak?  Then Cook, Lazard and Cobb would all be on Dallas right now with AR and Lamb.

Would you take the Dallas D and that offense for 3 years for a first and second round pick?

I would.  And so would every well built QB needy team in the league.

The issue is there are no guarantees, sometimes you do it and don't end up with a ring.  Sometimes you do.  But with the cap, and the difficulty of keeping all the players contributing to deep playoff runs in the roster, sometimes there can be a snap back.

That's what separates the good from the great GMs.

2 hours ago, MichaelScott said:

Id love to see a computer simulation of this team with Rodgers playing that Tampa team with Brady.   I think that top to bottom we are better.  

This is my nice way of saying that I dont agree with anything you said.   Have a great day!

3 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Id love to see a computer simulation of this team with Rodgers playing that Tampa team with Brady.   I think that top to bottom we are better.  

This is my nice way of saying that I dont agree with anything you said.   Have a great day!

That's fine. Kind of a moot point since Rodgers isn't even our QB. 

4 hours ago, Bowles Movement said:

Brady is no longer Tampa Bays QB

Rodgers is still ours- he is just injured.

He ll be back next yr

🙄 Cool stuff. Our 40 year old QB that was retired at the bottom of a hole months ago just had a devastating injury and is done for the season, but he's still ours! 🥳

You're probably one of those guys that's really big on participation trophies, huh?

🙄 Cool stuff. Our 40 year old QB that was retired at the bottom of a hole months ago just had a devastating injury and is done for the season, but he's still ours! 🥳

You're probably one of those guys that's really big on participation trophies, huh?

Rodgers has added considerable value just by his commitment to his teammates. Woody should extend JD tomorrow. 

Im here to enjoy myself and youre a troll that has difficulty conversing.   Im going to wish you a great life and put you on ignore.  Youll take this as evidence you “ won” this debate when it reality its just another case of you annoying someone by being an a$$hole.

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Im here to enjoy myself and youre a troll that has difficulty conversing.   Im going to wish you a great life and put you on ignore.  Youll take this as evidence you “ won” this debate when it reality its just another case of you annoying someone by being an a$$hole.

Weak AF