Zach Hit by Water Bottle From Fans?

Warfish

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

To be honest shes just being a mom
Unfortunately she has to let Zach live his life without her and she has not learnt that yet.

It's unfortunate.. but is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You know what else... parents don't realize that paradoxically, the more they hover and baby hen their kids... they more grief those kids get from others.

• Sympathy 1

12 hours ago, Warfish said:

Ultimately, I just think you're original premise "Critical Zach posters" are equivalent to the "ferocious hate" you see on X and the like and caused this assault, well, I think that's misguided. 

This is bull ****ing shit. 

I’m critical of Zach. I was all in on Rodgers and very disappointed where we are now. I was really looking forward to a Zach-free season. You’re in such a rush to be defensive that you’ve created a false equivalency, not me. You can be critical and supportive of the player at the same time. 

People are going to do what they they’re gonna do, and I can’t stop them. But I’m not going to be one of the fans booing one of my team’s players off of the field. 

12 hours ago, jgb said:

So now cynical Jets fans are responsible for some drunken doosh tossing a water bottle at a game. That’s almost as brain dead as blaming fans who say mean stuff on the Internet for Zach sucking as a football player.

You’re brain dead if you don’t think this barrage of negativity affects the players. It was largely displayed on Becton’s “Big Bust” t-shirt, and changing his handle on Twitter to the same. These are young men. Some of them who still have a good deal of maturing to do. 

This is the response I expect from you, though. Your favorite thing here is to try to break other fans of the team. If your thousands of obsessed posts somehow helped to destroy Zach’s confidence, I’m sure it would be a badge of honor for you. 

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

To be honest shes just being a mom
Unfortunately she has to let Zach live his life without her and she has not learnt that yet.

It's unfortunate.. but is what it is.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Nah most normal moms let their adult children handle their own business. It’s embarrassing. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, MysticalJet2 said:

Was the guy in the white collard shirt. next to the guy with the black shirt holding the phone up.

This

Rat this rat bastard out, he should be banned from all home games going forward. What a complete 🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡, I don’t like Zach as a player either but this was disgusting 

13 hours ago, jgb said:

So now cynical Jets fans are responsible for some drunken doosh tossing a water bottle at a game. That’s almost as brain dead as blaming fans who say mean stuff on the Internet for Zach sucking as a football player.

Responsible no.  Contributing to a nasty dehumanizing of individuals is probably enabling certain people who otherwise might not behave this way?   

Not that I’m not guilty of it.  Hate breeds hate and there are people being triggered to action.   It’s obvious.

1 hour ago, slats said:

You’re brain dead if you don’t think this barrage of negativity affects the players. It was largely displayed on Becton’s “Big Bust” t-shirt, and changing his handle on Twitter to the same. These are young men. Some of them who still have a good deal of maturing to do. 

You are blaming fans posting on the internet for players not playing well on a football field. Let that sink in. My old friend, that is pretty whacky. 

1 hour ago, slats said:

This is the response I expect from you, though. Your favorite thing here is to try to break other fans of the team. If your thousands of obsessed posts somehow helped to destroy Zach’s confidence, I’m sure it would be a badge of honor for you. 

It’s always very sad when a person with thousands of posts on a messageboard thinks he has made some kind of point by pointing out, on that very messageboard, that the other person has thousands of posts on a messageboard.

Please tell me you understand why that makes no sense.

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

You are blaming fans posting on the internet for players not playing well on a football field. Let that sink in. My old friend, that is pretty whacky. 

It’s always very sad when a person with thousands of posts on a messageboard thinks he has made some kind of point by pointing out, on that very messageboard, that the other person has thousands of posts on a messageboard.

Please tell me you understand why that makes no sense.

I’ve said my piece. You wanna continue a conversation, feel free to pm me. 

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Responsible no.  Contributing to a nasty dehumanizing of individuals is probably enabling certain people who otherwise might not behave this way?   

Not that I’m not guilty of it.  Hate breeds hate and there are people being triggered to action.   It’s obvious.

Part of the issue is that who gets to define what is “hate” and what is “criticism” has all the power. 

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, DireJet said:

Nah most normal moms let their adult children handle their own business. It’s embarrassing. 

Mostly yes.

The problem isn’t that she posted it so much as she has a much more visible following (yes, absolutely because she craves massive online attention), and isn’t her first defending Zach from Jets fans, so any time she does something like this it gets magnified. 

If someone had done this to any other player (particularly one who isn’t so unpopular with fans) like if someone dropped or fumbled away a sure TD, and some dickhead fan threw a water bottle at him as he’s heading into the tunnel, and then his mom posted about how rightly bad it was and that was the first peep most had heard/read out of her? I doubt it’d have nearly this reaction from fans, and tbh my guess is be most would be supportive of her saying calling out what a bitch act that is. 

She’s a loudmouth, and it’s not the first time she’s foolishly come to her son’s defense vs. fans in a public forum. That’s why - even if she what she’s saying is right - she ought to never do her mama bear thing online anymore. If this was the first time anyone’s heard/read anything from her (and in particular if her son’s play was well regarded) I don’t think too many would have an issue with what she wrote.

If he ever gets asked about it his best move is to roll his eyes or shake his head, smile like its beneath him, but mom’s gonna do what she’s gonna do, and laugh/shrug it off as yeah that’s her not me. Hopefully no one does ask him; better to let it die off. Her son knew enough to not say anything about it himself then or since — the news stories were the Rodgers injury and the game outcome and that’s it, not some bitch fan throwing a water bottle at him from behind.

She has to realize, it’s for his teammates alone to come to his defense from fans, if anyone does so at all. Not even his coaches, and certainly not his mom ffs. She’s a slow learner, though.

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Only low life scum does something like this sh*t.  That is pure human filth behavior.

That said, Mom's needs to chills.  She aint helping this poor kid one bit. 

Yes and yes. Not to sound like I'm out of the Cretaceous period, but this is a man's game... her sh*t is creating an additional layer of perceived weakness around her son. He doesn't need it, he does a good enough job on his own.

3 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Mostly yes.

The problem isn’t that she posted it so much as she has a much more visible following (yes, absolutely because she craves massive online attention), and isn’t her first defending Zach from Jets fans, so any time she does something like this it gets magnified. 

If someone had done this to any other player (particularly one who isn’t so unpopular with fans) like if someone dropped or fumbled away a sure TD, and some dickhead fan threw a water bottle at him as he’s heading into the tunnel, and then his mom posted about how rightly bad it was and that was the first peep most had heard/read out of her? I doubt it’d have nearly this reaction from fans, and tbh my guess is be most would be supportive of her saying calling out what a bitch act that is. 

She’s a loudmouth, and it’s not the first time she’s foolishly come to her son’s defense vs. fans in a public forum. That’s why - even if she what she’s saying is right - she ought to never do her mama bear thing online anymore. If this was the first time anyone’s heard/read anything from her (and in particular if her son’s play was well regarded) I don’t think too many would have an issue with what she wrote.

If he ever gets asked about it his best move is to roll his eyes or shake his head, smile like its beneath him, but mom’s gonna do what she’s gonna do, and laugh/shrug it off as yeah that’s her not me. Hopefully no one does ask him; better to let it die off. Her son knew enough to not say anything about it himself then or since — the news stories were the Rodgers injury and the game outcome and that’s it, not some bitch fan throwing a water bottle at him from behind.

She has to realize, it’s for his teammates alone to come to his defense from fans, if anyone does so at all. Not even his coaches, and certainly not his mom ffs. She’s a slow learner, though.

It doesn’t help that the Wilson’s travel around like the Brady Bunch. Doesn’t seem to be too many boundaries in that family. It doesn’t do anything but hurt Zach’s profile. Her getting off social media (zero chance) would be a good thing for Wilson. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

You can be critical and supportive of the player at the same time.

That's been my view from the start.

2 hours ago, slats said:

People are going to do what they they’re gonna do, and I can’t stop them. But I’m not going to be one of the fans booing one of my team’s players off of the field. 

Neither am I, nor anyone I'm at the game with, or they'd get a right thrashing for it tbqh.

I'm ignoring the rest of your post, I don't see it as a route to productive conversation. 

Seems we agree on the above two points, that's good enough for me this morning.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes and yes. Not to sound like I'm out of the Cretaceous period, but this is a man's game... her sh*t is creating an additional layer of perceived weakness around her son. He doesn't need it, he does a good enough job on his own.

For some portion of the Jets fanbase, and the broader NFL football fanbase?

Absolutely it is.

Having your mommy constantly fighting her (your?) battles while "look at me" social media attention whoring does not make Zach look durable or tough in any way.

2 hours ago, DireJet said:

It only embarrassing for her though ... no one else should be embarrassed by anything. It just a helicopter mom doing her thing .. the world we live in has tons of them.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Warfish said:

That's been my view from the start.

Neither am I, nor anyone I'm at the game with, or they'd get a right thrashing for it tbqh.

I'm ignoring the rest of your post, I don't see it as a route to productive conversation. 

Seems we agree on the above two points, that's good enough for me this morning.

The issue is that we can all agree on the principle of a thing but then when we get down to defining where the line is between "criticism" and "hate," opinions are all over the map.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

100%.  You know how to guarantee you're son is going to get heckled and possibly even get more bottles thrown at him by stupid low life POS fans that exist, everywhere?  By running to social media and whining about how poorly your filthy rich silver spoon fed son who plays a silly game for a living is being treated by fans for the sake of likes.  Quite frankly, it's piss poor parenting and sneak peak into why Zach is/was an entitled immature twat...but also a wonderful example of the pussification of society. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, DireJet said:

He’s not a kid, though. 

Notice no one ever referred to a player as a "kid" when criticizing or saying something negative.

"That kid has no future and sucks."

No, it's only used in positive contexts -- which means it's being used as a emotional nudge and persuasive device. And boy do I hate being manipulated, even ham-fistedly.