The OL line is as Bad as Predicted

Dunnie

10 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Does a GM who has failed to fix a glaringly obvious problem (The O-line) after 5 seasons as GM, despite use of several 1st round picks, deserve a contract extension?

I agree with you but currently those 2 first round picks are the only serviceable aspects of this OL.  It's FA that's been bad.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But the box being loaded is a QB problem. The fact that Zach doesn’t threaten any particular area of the field is a problem. If you were the opposing defensive coordinator, you could reasonably send eight players into the LOS at the snap and feel pretty confident it would work out for you. 

Again, I agreed with that point. It doesn't change the fact that the level of play we are seeing, from a skill standpoint, is lacking. Not sure why you can't/won't admit that is a major issue. If Zach bad play can beget bad OL performance, the converse is also true. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

I've been screaming about this since March... I even said I wish the draft was OL,OL, OL, LB, OL

It's worse than even I feared.

Might play golf next Sunday.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Just as bad as when JD took over. 5 years ago. That’s a fireable offense. When you fail at the top two important aspects as gm, qb and OL

2 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

St. Aaron was in for three pass plays against the Bills and two of them were full-on jailbreaks for the defense

Both dumb cut blocks where Rodgers opted to eat the football. Bills ended up with three sacks total in that game, in which Wilson had the highest time to throw in the league—a full half second higher than Justin Fields, who generally doesn’t throw the football

• Upvote 2

Just now, T0mShane said:

Both dumb cut blocks where Rodgers opted to eat the football. Bills ended up with three sacks total in that game, in which Wilson had the highest time to throw in the league—a full half second higher than Justin Fields, who generally doesn’t throw the football

I’m not saying the QB isn’t a factor, but I think you should brace yourself for the OL still being bad even when Colt McCoy is starting

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, dbatesman said:

I’m not saying the QB isn’t a factor, but I think you should brace yourself for the OL still being bad even when Colt McCoy is starting

I am braced. That said, I do not think that *Zach Wilson* plus *Cowboys pass rush* plus *Cowboys lead* was going to go well no matter who was playing OL tonight. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Any time a poster made a comment about the o line being a massive concern they were dog piled and mass down voted all summer while people huffed their own farts about a SB.

This thread title is in the passive voice 

WHO exactly did the predicting? 

Oh well, we will never know 

• Upvote 3

I am braced. That said, I do not think that *Zach Wilson* plus *Cowboys pass rush* plus *Cowboys lead* was going to go well no matter who was playing OL tonight. 
I agree with this ... the beyond bad OL play and Non Existent Defense made the game unwinnable.

Any time a poster made a comment about the o line being a massive concern they were dog piled and mass down voted all summer while people huffed their own farts about a SB.
Yup .. I think most of my neg reps originated with post about this very topic.

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I've been screaming about this since March... I even said I wish the draft was OL,OL, OL, LB, OL

It's worse than even I feared.

Might play golf next Sunday.

your preaching to the choir, nobody was with us when we kept saying OL was the priority of the draft. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

.. so why no screen passes ?

Bro, Wilson cant even consistently complete screen passes and dump offs to the running backs. He's that terrible.

Ya the Oline is not very good. But Wilson is making them look even worse, as he always has. 

Bro, Wilson cant even consistently complete screen passes and dump offs to the running backs. He's that terrible.
Ya the Oline is not very good. But Wilson is making them look even worse, as he always has. 
He is actually pretty damned good at it now if you have been tracking his 2023 stats.

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

He is actually pretty damned good at it now if you have been tracking his 2023 stats.

He's actually the worst QB I have ever seen in terms of his ability to execute a fricking dump off to the running back.

I cant take watching this guy play QB. He has NO EFFING idea. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barton said:

He's actually the worst QB I have ever seen in terms of his ability to execute a fricking dump off to the running back.

I cant take watching this guy play QB. He has NO EFFING idea. 

He’s actually a more talented RB than he is a QB.

More of a space back though.

It’s impressive how he’s able to make guys miss in the open field.

It’s not just the oline. The receiving corps is horrible. It’s Garrett Wilson and nobody. It’s a wonder GW does as well as he does since teams can freely double team him with no problems.  Lazard is trash and is Cobb really this teams slot receiver? Joe Douglas got so enchanted with Rodgers that he abdicated all responsibilities when it came to roster building. If you were Aaron’s BFF, you were in!

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, BroadwayRay said:

It’s not just the oline. The receiving corps is horrible. It’s Garrett Wilson and nobody. It’s a wonder GW does as well as he does since teams can freely double team him with no problems.  Lazard is trash and is Cobb really this teams slot receiver? Joe Douglas got so enchanted with Rodgers that he abdicated all responsibilities when it came to roster building. If you were Aaron’s BFF, you were in!

Only been saying this for 6 months.  We have zero depth at wr