--- Jets vs Broncos # The Game Thread ---

Robert

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Not really.

I'd like to feel something other than abject hopelessness re: Zach.

Sad to say, I'm at the point that I would be thrilled to see even a Jets loss if it involved Zach absolutely tearing sh*t up and the light coming on.  Not a "good game for Zach" type game that gets celebrated by some, but a "holy sh*t that was impressive" without qualifiers performance.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Bleedin Green said:

Sad to say, I'm at the point that I would be thrilled to see even a Jets loss if it involved Zach absolutely tearing sh*t up and the light coming on.  Not a "good game for Zach" type game that gets celebrated by some, but a "holy sh*t that was impressive" without qualifiers performance.

KC game was as close as we’ll ever get. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Zach is Steve Bartkowski (who???) and the Jets defense is Atlanta's vaunted "gritz blitz" defense back in the 70's. They would go 8-8 but could never make the playoffs. That's who the Jets are right now. No, that isn't true. Bartkowski was a legitimate NFL QB. Leeman Bennett was a legitimate NFL HC. Competition in the arena was like a crucible back then. The guys who played in the 70's and 80's have to be laughing at the disgusting sh*tfest that we just witnessed this late afternoon, evening. Overall, coaching and the QB position is subpar, because the NFL has way too many teams. So as an owner, you can accumulate great players for a bargain (rookie contracts) and be "competitive" (I use that term loosely). But if your coaching staff is sh*t, and especially if your QB is sh*t, you might still be competitive, but you're always gonna be an also ran. You can make a fortune in the NFL as an "also ran". Alot of NFL owners know this. 

If Woody Johnson is serious about this season, Zach gets replaced by Trevor Siemian against the Eagles next week. 

You are not getting a fluke win against the Eagles with Number 2 at QB like the Jets did today against Denver. 

The problem is Simien is total garbage.

3 minutes ago, usapaw said:

You are a genius aren't you. Can you read? 

I mean everyone clearly can see when I replied to you replying to me, that was actually a different reply to a different person than the one you replied to, because there's only 3 people in existence who think Zach Wilson sucks at playing QB, and the thousands of others who criticize him are still actually just those same 3 people, one of whom is clearly 80, and obviously I'm actually 80 when you reply to me but I'm definitely not 80 when I reply to you.

Makes sense.

• Haha 1

I am a weird fan. I am happy we won, and think Breece Hall is maybe the best RB in the NFL

Zach making an idiotic completely coachable mistake, and throwing an int on a ball that is probably caught 50%of the time and incomplete 45% of the time is not going to dominate my thoughts. He made progress today. 

All I heard was we win the SB with average and he was pretty much average and better than the Wilson he faced.

I wonder if you guys watch other games. There are a lot of mistakes by all the QBs

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

KC game was as close as we’ll ever get. 

Thus the problem, as it was only good for Zach.  Still had a pick dropped, coughed up a fumble, and an offense that put up a grand total of 18 points, not even close to a career performance from any other starting QB in the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

If that happened, I wonder how many posters who are now saying we needn't criticize Zach because he won the game would then be criticizing him for losing.

I'm just joking.

It would be none. None of the posters.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The mission was to not let Payton get away with sh*tting on Hackett and they at least did that. Next week, keep it close against the Eagles, get into the BYE, and decide whether or not they want to compete for a playoff spot. If they want to compete, they should address two things at the break:

1. Go get a QB. Zach is worth negative points to this offense, and he’s choking the life out of the team. The Vikings are 1-4. Make that call. If not, you heard Matt Ryan talking about what ails the Jets today and he pointed the finger directly at the QB spot. Matt Ryan sucks, but even putting a neutral value guy behind center is better than what we have now. Stop ******* around with this. 

2. CJ Mosely has to be in a rotation at MLB, and should never be on the field on 3rd and >2. What ever happened to the Jamien Sherwood project? Maybe let Amos play that nickel LB spot? 

Admirable but the shelves are empty in the qb supermarket. Marginal defensive replacement projects are, what they are - Pinnock is busy scoring for the Giants. This hasty bed of ours is made; come lie with us Tom Shane in these fetid sheets that are stretched across the horse hair mattress that is the New York Jets of 2023.

Sean Payton can for now bite his tongue and count his millions, while we  nobodies carry the dried out carcass of Leon Hess through the streets and howl to the moon in our pathetic 3 and 2 victories. 

Payton can bit his 

• Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I mean everyone clearly can see when I replied to you replying to me, that was actually a different reply to a different person than the one you replied to, because there's only 3 people in existence who think Zach Wilson sucks at playing QB, and the thousands of others who criticize him are still actually just those same 3 people, one of whom is clearly 80, and obviously I'm actually 80 when you reply to me but I'm definitely not 80 when I reply to you.

Makes sense.

*Stands up*

I am Jetsfan80

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, JohnnyLV said:

I am a weird fan. I am happy we won, and think Breece Hall is maybe the best RB in the NFL

Zach making an idiotic completely coachable mistake, and throwing an int on a ball that is probably caught 50%of the time and incomplete 45% of the time is not going to dominate my thoughts. He made progress today. 

All I heard was we win the SB with average and he was pretty much average and better than the Wilson he faced.

I wonder if you guys watch other games. There are a lot of mistakes by all the QBs

I'm definitely still happy we won, and I think most are, it just turns into this argument when some of those feel the need to give all the praise to a player that simply didn't lose them the game.  No one critical of Wilson is because of it being a bad game, it's a bad NFL career.  There's a lot more players on this team to be celebrating today.  Hall looked awesome, Quincy was tearing sh*t up, special teams was looking great until Gipson starting coughing it up.

So yes, by all means everyone should enjoy the win while we've got it!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I'm definitely still happy we won, and I think most are, it just turns into this argument when some of those feel the need to give all the praise to a player that simply didn't lose them the game.  No one critical of Wilson is because of it being a bad game, it's a bad NFL career.  There's a lot more players on this team to be celebrating today.  Hall looked awesome, Quincy was tearing sh*t up, special teams was looking great until Gipson starting coughing it up.

So yes, by all means everyone should enjoy the win while we've got it!

Imagine this at practice this week:

Zach Wilson: "So, coach, about Sunday, I have some questions about the game-film."

Robert Saleh: "No need, buddy! You won! I've already had Nate burn the gametape! Enjoy the win! There's nothing to worry about! In fact, I'm taking the entire team to DisneyLand! No homeowork! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Thus the problem, as it was only good for Zach.  Still had a pick dropped, coughed up a fumble, and an offense that put up a grand total of 18 points, not even close to a career performance from any other starting QB in the league.

hes not a starter dumb dumb, hes a backup, hes only starting because our starter got hurt

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Whatever I was conflating the Washington game.  Point still stands.  Bears fans should feel better about that loss than we do about this win.  Especially since Fields actually BUILT on it the next week.  

Go root for the Bears. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyLV said:

I do. Most of them throw for tds not only do a fumbleralley

4 hours ago, FactsOnly said:

Another clueless take by this guy

Game 39 right? 🤣🤣😭🤣🤣

Lol. Man. You are the most lost troll of this year. 

good job. You clearly know QB play and offense. #FactsOnly #ZachenbergsMom

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1