--- Jets vs Broncos # The Game Thread ---

Robert

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Desmond Ridder threw for 329 yards today and you guys are like “when you really think about it, a sub-200 yard day with 3 turnover-worthy plays is actually good”

We ran for a bazillion yards.   Why did we need more than 199 passing yards?  We played a crappy team who’s QB looked like a 40 year old boxer who had taken multiple haymakers to his jaw.   We didn’t need 329 passing yards.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach strolled to the LOS like he was executing a pro day workout in shorts.  

Not to mention it was an out route that anyone who has ever watched football realizes was intended to be thrown all the way out to the sideline, if that was even the target thrown to (which was probably not preferred).

Wilson's stupid ass actually threw the ball behind Uzomah, almost putting extra effort to keep the ball in the field of play.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Irrelevant, the jets have a better team and can win differently.  I just wish they’d attack the end zone when they get in the red zone

The Falcons are a run-first team that was facing a weak defense.  Sound familiar?

And yet….Their Qb still threw for 300+.  Because from time to time in this league, your QB has to do that for you to win.  Zach never has.  

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

2 game win streak (1 moral) for Zach Wilson! 

Zach didn’t win the game. But he didn’t lose it either. Breece and the defense won this game.  Exactly what we asked of him. The INT was a fluke and the fumbles were recovered. I am not overly excited about Zach, but we ask him to not f up. And he didn’t. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Like I said in another post, I'm happy with the win.

I can be happy with the win, and also be disappointed in Zach Wilson at the same time.

Disappointed in what? If he was the reason why we lost today’s game then yes I’d be disappointed as well. But just for today, be happy we won. The season still is relevant.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

We ran for a bazillion yards.   Why did we need more than 199 passing yards?  We played a crappy team who’s QB looked like a 40 year old boxer who had taken multiple haymakers to his jaw.   We didn’t need 329 passing yards.

I dunno, tell that to the folks who were complaining about the run-run-pass mentality.

And the above doesn’t explain how he still managed to fumble twice and throw a bad pick in the RZ, plus took several big sacks.  A run-first, ball control team (which is what we’re forced to be, not so much CHOOSE to be) cannot afford a QB who leaves points on the board like that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I dunno, tell that to the folks who were complaining about the run-run-pass mentality.

And the above doesn’t explain how he still managed to fumble twice and throw a bad pick in the RZ, plus took several big sacks.  A run-first, ball control team (which is what we’re forced to be, not so much CHOOSE to be) cannot afford a QB who leaves points on the board like that.  

The season started today, and it was Zach Wilson's first game ever, give it some time!

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The throw was in the exact opposite direction of where it should've been.  If thrown properly, it's a near guarantee GW pulls it in.  100% Zach's fault.

Imagine the same three ZW haters chiming in?  I don't like the kid, so far, but he did OK.  You have to catch that ball if you are a #1 WR. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Biggs said:

So you want to ignore how dumb that play was?   He’s one of 32 OC in the NFL.

Coming away with 0 there is as much on Zach as it was the play-calling/coaches.

A 3rd year Qb cannot treat that with such non-chalance and fail to just throw the ball out the back of the EZ as necessary.  Inexcusable.  The QB is the coach on the field.  Or at least he’s supposed to be.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, pointman said:

We are in every game, and Zach is improving. One INT, and that was on Garrett. Zach is going to put it together. We are about to shock some people. 

1 INT and 2 fumbles which we recovered. He wasn't very good but did enough to win against a bad team. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Disappointed in what? If he was the reason why we lost today’s game then yes I’d be disappointed as well. But just for today, be happy we won. The season still is relevant.

You fan your way.  We’ll fan ours.  

Suffice it to say we’ve seen this before.  Like, I dunno, LAST YEAR.  Except we were 5-2 prior to the meltdown as opposed to 2-3.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

RW is going into the HOF and he looked like he needed full time nursing care on half of his drop backs.   If I was a family member I take his car keys away after that game.  Zach looked great in comparison.   I’d be comfortable letting Zach cross the street by himself.

zach played college for a Jr high in Utah.  He’s coming along.