*** College Game Day 10/14 ***

Beerfish

Starting the thread a day early becasue Prime vs Stanford

Good thing Stanford dudes are smart becasue they can't play ball.  1-4 and down 14 - 0 in the first.

So they are the Stanford Cardinal....singular, what about all the other cardinals?  And why is their symbol a Christmas tree and not a cardinal?  Tell me why?????

Refs are so so so bad, one of the most blatant horse collar tackles you could see......no call.

The big games tomorrow will be Oregon vs Washington and USC vs Notre Dame

Most of the rest of the games are pure fodder games, the highly ranked teams should crush all of the patsies they are playing.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Damn. I’ve seen most of Colorado’s games this year. Didnt realize they played Friday this week. Sigh. Looks like I missed a great game.

I turned it off in the second quarter as Colorado built a big lead.  Decided it was time to go to sleep and the game wasn't worth recording.  Oh well, instead of watching the game this AM, I am paying bills and balancing the check book.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Starting the thread a day early becasue Prime vs Stanford

Good thing Stanford dudes are smart becasue they can't play ball.  1-4 and down 14 - 0 in the first.

So they are the Stanford Cardinal....singular, what about all the other cardinals?  And why is their symbol a Christmas tree and not a cardinal?  Tell me why?????

Refs are so so so bad, one of the most blatant horse collar tackles you could see......no call.

The big games tomorrow will be Oregon vs Washington and USC vs Notre Dame

Most of the rest of the games are pure fodder games, the highly ranked teams should crush all of the patsies they are playing.

Stanford QB is just awful.

Stanford Lambs to the slaughter.  29-0

Aged Well GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Their nickname is the color.  Cardinal red, so the nickname is singular. 

And the tree is not a Christmas Tree, it is a redwood.  Which is the symbol of Palo Alto.  There is a huge redwood in the City.  The tree is featured in the University's seal.

Stanford Logos - Identity Guide

Thank you for tuning in for this morning's version of Fun Facts with Lith.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I turned it off in the second quarter as Colorado built a big lead.  Decided it was time to go to sleep and the game wasn't worth recording.  Oh well, instead of watching the game this AM, I am paying bills and balancing the check book.

At 29-0, I think I would have turned it off also. So guess I would have missed the big second half comeback either way.

How did Shedeur Sanders look? I think he has almost the opposite situation that a typical USC or Ohio St QB has. Colorado just doesn’t have the talent to compete against bigger programs. Sanders typically has to get the ball out quick. That OL is weak.

• Upvote 1