I Was Wrong ...

KRL

5 hours ago, Larz said:

Lawrence had 15 pressures 

15!

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

How many did Thibs have ... Guy was living in the backfield

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I believe the giants as a team had 25 pressures in the game … with that Constant barrage & under those weather conditions & to have Zero picks on 36 pass attempts is pretty good, imo.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

We all do ... your perspective is completely reasonable.  He was terrible last year ... that stench has been tattooed onto @T0mShane @Jetsfan80 @jgb ... these are humans that all have capable brains ... It is just that the memory is too close for them to see the path forward with clarity and reason.  Zach has a LOT to prove ... and it doesn't matter who the OC, or HC is .. fact of the mater he drew the short straw on draft day and became this franchises QB.   It is up to him to make it work or be cast into oblivion in February.

Improvement is evident ... but he is a long way form being a top 15 QB.

Remember when people were excited about Zach completing 70% of his passes in back to back weeks? He’s back down to 58.3%, good for 31st among qualifying starters

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

51 minutes ago, fullblast said:

I’ve never seen Zach stand in the pocket and deliver like this. It was a drop but the pocket work was immaculate here. He did this throughout the game on Sunday.

No running backwards like a high school QB, just stand and deliver.

Look at Wilson’s reaction to the drop.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

We’re once again at the gaslighting stage of ZW evaluation. 

He is wildly inconsistent & downright bad for the majority of his starts. He’s not a good QB but is propped up by the league’s best ST and DEF. This is what it is. Stop the gaslighting. 

Simply not true.

Last year yes, This season not so much.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

No You get off his back, stop the negative narrative against him and give him a chance to develop so we don't keep the QB carousel going on and on.....

Chance to develop. LOL. He is what he is — there’s not going to be any additional development. Only thing that matters on this team is defense and ST. QB is just along for the ride. It’s not an important part of the team and should be minimized as much as possible. 

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I do find it very entertaining that the guys who dislike Zach like to never bring up how he has a make shift OL and the play calling hasn’t been good either. And that outside that DAL game where we had to play catch-up… has next to never turned the ball over. The haters will say he fumbled twice this last week. Every Qab in the league fumbled when their LT lets a guy free and they hit you freely. And his next one was the 1st snap with a PS C that obviously ZW has never played with. 

Also the Jets had essentially ZERO run game to boot so the Giants knew that Zach and the Jets were going to have to throw in key situations!

That is a big big problem with a terrible OL.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Systems and coaches and the surrounding rosters do matter to a quarterback. Look at Jimmy G. He is a completely different guy than he was under Kyle Shanahan. Shanahan is a quarterback whisperer similar to Bruce Arians.

Does anyone think that Brock Purdy would be as successful as he has been if he was the Jets QB right now behind this offensive line? Good coaching helps. Kittle, Deebo Samuel, Brandon Aiyuk, Christian McCaffrey help.

I am not a huge Hackett fan as OC. I have big concerns about his playcalling ability. But, Wilson is looking like a much better player surrounded by Hackett and Aaron Rodgers than he did under MLF.

If this was Zach‘s rookie year rather than his third season, I think opinions would be vastly different. Even if his progress has been slow or delayed, or we get two steps forward and one step back, things seem to be heading in the right direction.

WELL SAID!!

• Upvote 3

We're at a point where many fans are unwilling to consider context.  They look at the box score, or when they watch the game all they do is follow the ball.  This ends with any explanation for why a guy struggled being called and "excuse" when in reality it's a valid reason.

There were plenty of reasons why the offense was poor the other day.

Was Zach part of the reason?  Certainly.

Was he the only reason? Far from it.

OL sucked, receivers dropped at least five balls, zero running game and weather was horrendous.
Most QBs would fail to move the ball under those circumstances 

It's the fantasy football, moneyball, statistical analysis , no control group world we live in ... Embrace it ... But never give up the fight.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Jetfuel66 said:

I guess you know more than the professional analysts that say different.

I prob watch more jets football than every pro analyst combined. So yeah I do know more about it. And, as a jets fan, I’m incredibly well-versed in knowing and spotting atrocious QB play. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Zach is light years ahead of last year. He won the game on Sunday.

Haters are going to lose their minds when the Jets pick up his option.

JD, RS and ZW ain't going anywhere so stock up on your prozac.

ZW is one Breece hall injury away from taking snaps in Canada. 

• Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In three years he’s improved to become the 32nd ranked passer in football. 

That goes to show how much this staffed F*cked up his development from the start. Not to mention he should never have started his first year.

You stick to your position... Its so easy to be negative and only see the bad. This kid is developing and he has earned that chance. I hope he proves you and all of the negative nancy's wrong.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Jetfuel66 said:

That goes to show how much this staffed F*cked up his development from the start. Not to mention he should never have started his first year.

You stick to your position... Its so easy to be negative and only see the bad. This kid is developing and he has earned that chance. I hope he proves you and all of the negative nancy's wrong.

Me too but can you provide a statistic showing that he is getting better

• Upvote 1
  • En Fuego 2

Listen it’s year 3. Zach is a serviceable backup qb who can get you through some games. He will always “flash” due to his arm talent but mental mistakes and a lack of consistency is his undoing. Will he ever put it all together? Who knows. Doesn’t seem likely but could always happen. The question for the Jets is how long do you stand on this “Zach is tuning it around” hill. He’s going to have a bottom 5 defense in LA at home on Monday. There will be no “they are a good defense excuse. Crowd noise and hopefully weather won’t be an issue. So let’s see how he does against LA. Just seems odd to me Trevor Simiene hasn’t been activated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

22 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Here are all the box scores for week 8: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/

If you don't think Zach was bad against the Giants, please point to one of the other quarterbacks that played last week who were bad in your opinion and tell us why Zach was better. 

They're hanging their hat on Mike Devito

• En Fuego 1
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

Remember when two starting OL were out for KC in the Super Bowl, and Patrick Mahomes, for the first time, looked average?  

Now, a back-up QB is supposed to play like him when he is on his third center of the game, his second RG, and a back-up RT.  Truly unbelievable how people cannot fathom this.

That being said, there is nothing you can do.  The fact the players are bigger, they are faster, and artificial turf sucks, injuries are going to be a part of the game.  

This article states that after nine weeks of the season, there are 234 on long term IR.  234.  The injuries are starting to pile up.  You can see flag-football coming REAL soon. 

Whoa, there -- Mahomes was playing with FIVE backup linemen that game, not two. Or anyway, 4 backups plus Wylie who was no better than a backup himself. Meanwhile Mahomes was still playing elite when it was merely 4 scrubs protecting him. When he further lost his LT and then faced an elite defense on its A-game then the numbers dropped, and some of that was further due to THREE TD passes that bounced off three different receivers' hands, if not facemasks, including one that would've been an all-time SB highlight as he was horizontal before falling on 4th down.

Mahomes absolutely didn't look average. He looked like an elite QB playing with a backup line 5-across, and receivers dropping multiple TDs like they belonged on the practice squad. The pressure Zach faced this past Sunday wasn't nearly on par with that Super Bowl.

• Sympathy 1

15 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

No You get off his back, stop the negative narrative against him and give him a chance to develop so we don't keep the QB carousel going on and on.....

Yes of course and the Jets execs and CS just like you, felt so bullish about him that they traded for a 40 year old replacement.

• Haha 1