I Was Wrong ...

KRL

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

I see it's going to be another week of jets fans wrapping themselves in pretzels to convince themselves Zach was actually good during yet another completely inept offensive performance.

Oline

WRs

Coaches

Weather

Zach Wilson 🚫

Facts matter..... sorry. hate away!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, KRL said:

While Dan Orlovsky and Daniel Jeremiah were right, Zach Wilson played well
with what he was dealing with:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzB7OIixkGS/

When you re-watch the film, without emotion, it's stunning the amount
of breakdowns that were happening around Wilson all game:

- Three different centers and three different RG which made the front
of the pocket "leaky".  Multiple times Wilson stayed in the pocket,
picked out the correct receiver, tried to step into throws and couldn't

- There were multiple route mistakes by receivers.  On one blitz Wilson
threw correctly to Xavier Gipson but instead of him staying "hot" and
"sitting down" on his route he kept running which led to an incompletion.
Breece Hall caused an incompletion when he ran his man into a wide open
Garrett Wilson route down the sideline

- Multiple drops by Allen Lazard and a huge drop by Hall when he had
three steps on the LB and no one in front of him.  It could've been 
another 50+ yard TD

Then to execute a game tying drive after dealing with those issues was
impressive.  After the team reviewed the tape I would think Wilson has
earned a ton of respect in the locker room.  A total 180 from the NE
fiasco of last year   

Right plus Zach ran for their first third down conversion.  Give the giaints defense some credit. They stymied the jets run game and mostly played well in the secondary. Zach had about four dropped passes.  Those last few passes were masterful.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, rangerous said:

Right plus Zach ran for their first third down conversion.  Give the giaints defense some credit. They stymied the jets run game and mostly played well in the secondary. Zach had about four dropped passes.  Those last few passes were masterful.

It’s the defense. It’s always gonna be the defense. And the special teams. Zach Wilson doesn’t matter. We’d prob be better off giving him the Tommy DeVito treatment and just running the ball. Wouldn’t have turned it over early and given the giants points. 

• Thumb Down 2

It’s the defense. It’s always gonna be the defense. And the special teams. Zach Wilson doesn’t matter. We’d prob be better off giving him the Tommy DeVito treatment and just running the ball. Wouldn’t have turned it over early and given the giants points. 
Funny Boy

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, DireJet said:

I would certainly like to see a huge dose of running and keeping Zach to 30 passes per game but they couldn’t run a lick on Sunday and now the oline is really banged up.  They’re going to need more Zach passing at this point.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

I’m under no delusion of Zach totally turning things around and becoming our longterm franchise QB, but people are kidding themselves if they think we’re sitting in a better spot with someone like Minshew or Bridgewater at QB right now.

The Jets were always going to have to grind out ugly wins to stay afloat as soon as Rodgers went down.

Now we’re sitting at 4-3 and it’s not batsh*t crazy to think this team could be something like 8-4 or 9-5 with an A-Rod return imminent.

Considering how the season started, you couldn’t ask for anything more.

Minshew looks like prime Drew Brees in comparison to ZW. 

• Thumb Down 2

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can you back this up with a statistic perhaps

I don't need stats to back up my assessments.  I can SEE. Everyone that watches Zach play can see the improvement.

YOU choose NOT to see because you are more interested in being proved right about Zach, and you may be. Time will tell.

But for now he is definitely getting better each week and that my friend is undeniable.

Will he level off at some point ? Maybe.

Will he be a top 10 QB? Maybe

We simply dont know yet, Some players take longer to get there. Circumstances play a role in that.

He is improving and pulling the plug on a QB with his undeniable talent while he is on an upward trend is simply the WRONG thing to do.

Its what this organization used to do, but this is a different front office now and they won't make that same mistake.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The difference this time is that we knew Zach Wilson was garbage almost immediately, so you’ll have no retroactive excuse for your misguided and embarrassing optimism. 

This is the most amazing thing about Wilson. With Sanchez he was clearly objectively awful but the team was really good and we were winning so he got a long leash -- and he had some genuinely clutch moments. So while he sucked I can see why people were attached to him. He's associated with a period of winning and had some genuinely good moments.

Darnold was put into an objectively awful situation where we plucked Jeremy Bates off the Appalachian trail and he had neither a quality NFL offensive line or quality NFL offensive skill talent around him. Despite that he showed real, actual potential as a rookie. So in our "big move" to save him we hired Adam Gase and the rest is history. Darnold has his warts but he was set up to fail here, but again I can understand why people "kept faith" despite lots of ugliness.

Wilson, on the other hand, was in a pretty good spot from the jump. The team around him wasn't that bad and he walked into a scheme that was very QB friendly and sucked out loud. And the second he was replaced by a replacement level QB the guy went off and got his jersey in the HoF.

Look, the offensive line was in shambles against the Giants. It was not a good situation. But we have 29 games of this guy now. He has had more games when he has been unplayably bad than in which he has been "good" which is a low bar to cross.

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This is the most amazing thing about Wilson. With Sanchez he was clearly objectively awful but the team was really good and we were winning so he got a long leash -- and he had some genuinely clutch moments. So while he sucked I can see why people were attached to him. He's associated with a period of winning and had some genuinely good moments.

Darnold was put into an objectively awful situation where we plucked Jeremy Bates off the Appalachian trail and he had neither a quality NFL offensive line or quality NFL offensive skill talent around him. Despite that he showed real, actual potential as a rookie. So in our "big move" to save him we hired Adam Gase and the rest is history. Darnold has his warts but he was set up to fail here, but again I can understand why people "kept faith" despite lots of ugliness.

Wilson, on the other hand, was in a pretty good spot from the jump. The team around him wasn't that bad and he walked into a scheme that was very QB friendly and sucked out loud. And the second he was replaced by a replacement level QB the guy went off and got his jersey in the HoF.

Look, the offensive line was in shambles against the Giants. It was not a good situation. But we have 29 games of this guy now. He has had more games when he has been unplayably bad than in which he has been "good" which is a low bar to cross.

He sucks. It’s not complicated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Hex said:

That says more about the defense than the offense.

But I'm told defense doesn't matter when it comes to how the QB performs.

That the Giants being the backfield all day, shutting down the run game doesn't matter.

I'm told 240 yards, 1TD, No INT - with a 4th string C - against a Defense with 31 pressures is an all-time awful performance.   

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

FFS no QB with a football IQ >75 and whose balls have descended takes the sack ZW did on 4th down.

If  Daboll doesnt sh!t the couch the game is over.

Garoppolo did last night.  
Ive seen it happen before.  By QBs who I assume have IQs heigher than 75.  
Happens.  I’d bet the house every time because the QB is trying to make a play, finding someplace to throw the ball

• Upvote 1

Every time Zach excites me and gets me thinking "maybe this is it, maybe this is what helps him turn the corner", he comes back with a performance that makes me want to gouge my eyes out.  Most recently after the Chiefs game when I started to believe MAYBE he could actually be the guy for the first time in over a year, then looked like absolute basura against a defense that gave up 70(in his defense, so did Mahomes a couple days ago).

That final drive was absolutely beautiful.  I know it was just 2 throws, but he looked like a true franchise QB and a leader.  Not to mention being able to clock the ball in time, somehow.  My heart is saying "he can build on this", but my brain is saying "you dumb bitch....you'll never learn".  

I don't understand why most of you can only see extremes. Zach had a bad game. Outside of the last 24 seconds of regulation and OT, he was putrid.

That said, his offense did not do much to help. His OL was decimated, his WRs dropped balls, his running game sucked, and it was raining.

That's a good excuse for bad QB play. Zach Wilson was worse.

I'm not going to pretend Zach looked improved out there. He looked like his scared self a lot of the game. I'm also not going to pretend the rest of the offense was only inhibited because of Zach either. They clearly did not play as well as they needed, and if ypu need proof that the running game can do well without a passing game, look no further than the Giants.

Zach Wilsonwas terrible. So was the rest of the offense.

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That the Giants being the backfield all day, shutting down the run game doesn't matter.

I'm told 240 yards, 1TD, No INT - with a 4th string C - against a Defense with 31 pressures is an all-time awful performance.   

IMG_3289.thumb.jpeg.18f4708b3042a2a85030f56096ae2f91.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nixhead said:

So how would Aaron Rodgers do in this offense as currently constructed? He would get killed back there - that's how! Because of the status of our O-line we need a mobile QB back there. Rodgers is no longer mobile. Now he might compensate by throwing quick passes but I see Rodgers getting highly frustrated. Maybe by the time he comes back the Jets have figured some things out and have some stability back there. We can only hope!

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

i don't see it .. the OL is in shambles as I stated in July ... it needs another year or two of dedicated attention. Becton is the only happy development there so far.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I do find it very entertaining that the guys who dislike Zach like to never bring up how he has a make shift OL and the play calling hasn’t been good either. And that outside that DAL game where we had to play catch-up… has next to never turned the ball over. The haters will say he fumbled twice this last week. Every Qab in the league fumbled when their LT lets a guy free and they hit you freely. And his next one was the 1st snap with a PS C that obviously ZW has never played with. 

Zach Wilson is tied for 15th in the league in pocket time.

Admittedly, it’s been in a downward trend the last few weeks.  He was top 10 in the category following the KC game.  

But blaming the OL for his struggles all season just doesn’t fly.  

• Upvote 1

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other ?

Sadly as jets fans we should be experts at understanding that really bad offenses take a village.  

He missed open receivers and needs to throw the ******* ball away and not take zachs. But others contributed. Hall made 2 big mistakes late.  Hack seems unable to design an offense that is facing constant pressure. Screens ? Slants? Draws? Bootlegs ?   The line is in shambles.  The running backs were looking for a safe place to go down. 

the chargers are putting Bosa next to Mack lol. It’s not going to get easier.  This is the golden age of pass rushers. 

everyone on offense needs to be a LOT better. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

You're being told wrong.Defense has a play. Zach wasn't all-time awful. He was really bad though. And pressures don't give a crap how long the QB holds the ball for.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

I remember a long long long time ago, in the year of 2022, a fanbase, NY Jets fans to be specific, sitting around, pulling each others pricks, so happy to be 6-3 and Zach playing well enough!!!!!!!1

One Breece Hall injury away from being Nathan Peterman. 

2 minutes ago, Larz said:

Why does it have to be one extreme or the other ?

Sadly as jets fans we should be experts at understanding that really bad offenses take a village.  

He missed open receivers and needs to throw the ******* ball away and not take zachs. But others contributed. Hall made 2 big mistakes late.  Hack seems unable to design an offense that is facing constant pressure. Screens ? Slants? Draws? Bootlegs ?   The line is in shambles.  The running backs were looking for a safe place to go down. 

the chargers are putting Bosa next to Mack lol. It’s not going to get easier.  This is the golden age of pass rushers. 

everyone on offense needs to be a LOT better. 

At least there's 2 of us sane people here

51 minutes ago, JetFaninPatLand said:

I was at the game. You can’t excuse some of those sacks he took. On 3 of them he had a chance to throw the ball away and didn’t. 

It’s like he is a deer in headlights when the rush is coming at him. There is not a worse qb in the league that struggles with a pass rush. Which is why I think they will pull him soon, even more so now with the condition of OL.