Raiders Fire HC Josh McDaniels and GM Dave Ziegler

On 11/1/2023 at 1:55 AM, Maxman said:

This was the plan all along. Losing a bunch of games to start the season only makes them better in the long run.

They rebound now and make the playoffs. Now they have a star wide receiver that is motivated and happy. This is 3D chess.

Signed,
R.H.

Josh Mcdaniels has no one but himself to blame.   Any football novice could see Jimmy G was done .    You made a mistake signing him , you don’t compound the situation by keep playing him when it’s obviously he’s finished .    

He could saved his job if he played the rookie Qb gives them the best chance to win.   He would have an excuse , and you have to find out if Aidan O’Connell is the longterm answer at Qb, or if need to draft one early in 2024. 
This Raider team is so loaded on offense that there is no way should be producing the results every week .     I’m glad they didn’t make any rash trades, as I run it back again with most same personnel on offense , just have to figure if A O’Connell is the qb going forward , or you’re drafting a new one next year. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Josh Mcdaniels has no one but himself to blame.   Any football novice could see Jimmy G was done .    You made a mistake signing him , you don’t compound the situation by keep playing him when it’s obviously he’s finished .    

He could saved his job if he played the rookie Qb gives them the best chance to win.   He would have an excuse , and you have to find out if Aidan O’Connell is the longterm answer at Qb, or if need to draft one early in 2024. 
This Raider team is so loaded on offense that there is no way should be producing the results every week .     I’m glad they didn’t make any rash trades, as I run it back again with most same personnel on offense , just have to figure if A O’Connell is the qb going forward , or you’re drafting a new one next year. 

Good post, very fair.

On 11/1/2023 at 1:20 AM, Dcat said:

Is this the same GM that said he would no way trade Adams?

So now there's a new guy incharge over there in Vegas......
1*dFjMw4pUMzA4Db4MYTnfyA.png

Adams.  

Raiders aren’t trading Devante Adams anytime soon.   2023 is all about figuring out their Qb situation. Can Aidan O’Connell show enough these last nine games where feel comfortable as him as starter , or you draft one high in 2024.      You come back with most of the guys on offense and you run it back.  

On 11/1/2023 at 8:15 AM, slimjasi said:

I think you are right - it's his personality. 

It turns out personality is super important in the real world!

No it’s not personality , it’s stubbornness .   Everyone sees what opposing defenses are doing , and Jimmy G just couldn’t or wouldn’t attack a defense deep .     Raiders had zero chance with Jimmy G Qb to win the game , but he gave him a big contract,  and he refused to admit to himself that it was a bad move.   I respect Al Davis for cutting zjamarcus Russell very early when he knew it was a bad choice, than to try to save face and keep playing the loser.

No it’s not personality , it’s stubbornness .   Everyone sees what opposing defenses are doing , and Jimmy G just couldn’t or wouldn’t attack a defense deep .     Raiders had zero chance with Jimmy G Qb to win the game , but he gave him a big contract,  and he refused to admit to himself that it was a bad move.   I respect Al Davis for cutting zjamarcus Russell very early when he knew it was a bad choice, than to try to save face and keep playing the loser.
And to think some people Bitondi wanted Jimmy G here. What a freaking disaster that would have been. Even worse than Rodgers and his achilles!

On 11/1/2023 at 10:27 AM, Claymation said:

Raiders aren’t trading anyone as they are going to run it back with most of the same personnel on offense next year . This offense is loaded and should be top five offense.    They have nine games to figure out if Aidan O’Connell is the Qb going forward , or they have to draft one next year.  

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2023 at 12:34 PM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Zach Wilson vs Jimmy G?  Who's better?

No Qb with Jimmy G nfl experience should look that bad .    How Josh McDaniel couldn’t see starting Jimmy G gave you no chance to win the game is beyond me.     Zach Wilson is better Qb than the Jimmy G if today.

9 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading anyone as they are going to run it back with most of the same personnel on offense next year . This offense is loaded and should be top five offense.    They have nine games to figure out if Aidan O’Connell is the Qb going forward , or they have to draft one next year.  

Black And White Smile GIF by Buyout Footage

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

And to think some people Bitondi wanted Jimmy G here. What a freaking disaster that would have been. Even worse than Rodgers and his achilles!

Raiders cut Carr because they truly believed  Tom Brady was going to be their Qb in 2024 .   Some circumstance happened that made that impossible.( Hondo Carpenter - sports illustrated best writer report) .     Jimmy g he says was Raiders third choice .   Never said who was second choice.      Obviously Jimmy G was a lot more hurt than he let on because no veteran Qb with his experience plays that bad. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders aren’t trading Devante Adams anytime soon.   2023 is all about figuring out their Qb situation. Can Aidan O’Connell show enough these last nine games where feel comfortable as him as starter , or you draft one high in 2024.      You come back with most of the guys on offense and you run it back.  

the raiders aren't doing anything right now until they figure out who will now run the never-ending $hit-show. 

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Raiders cut Carr because they truly believed  Tom Brady was going to be their Qb in 2024 .   Some circumstance happened that made that impossible.( Hondo Carpenter - sports illustrated best writer report) .     Jimmy g he says was Raiders third choice .   Never said who was second choice.      Obviously Jimmy G was a lot more hurt than he let on because no veteran Qb with his experience plays that bad. 

Thus proving the raiduhs were the dumbest organization on the planet. 

21 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

The offense has some nice pieces but “loaded” is an exaggeration, no matter how many times you say it.  

On 11/3/2023 at 9:51 PM, Raideraholic said:

Very strong possibility Adams forces his way out if held hostage, and definitely see him in New Orleans Next year.  

18 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wasn't Harbaugh a special teams coach?

Who want Harbaugh .   I don’t want Harbaugh as I a want young offense minded coach.   I don’t want the big name coach who stuck in there ways.  I want the coach who going to run a system that fits the players  talents,  than trying to force them to fit his system.           Give me Frank Smith as not sexy pick but someone I think could be great Nfl coach.

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

Very strong possibility Adams forces his way out if held hostage, and definitely see him in New Orleans Next year.  

D Adams isn’t going anywhere.  Take that to the bank.    Stop with him going to New Orleans.   D Adams saw his buddy Derek Carr wasn’t the guy he played with in college .   ( people think he took less to play with Carr, he wanted to play for his boyhood team- the Raiders.     Raiders have 9 games for A O’Connell to prove he’s the Qb , or they will be in position to get one of the top Qbs in the year.       Again they run it back with pretty much the same offense next year.   They have top five talent on offense and will either get franchise Qb next year draft or OConnell proves he’s the guy going forward.    With a OConnell if play fantasy football I pick up Tre Tucker.    

18 hours ago, Tooooon said:

The offense has some nice pieces but “loaded” is an exaggeration, no matter how many times you say it.  

Well just shows you don’t know your football because this is easy a top five offense team talented wise.   Learn the game son.  There is a reason why the owner fired the coach and Gm when he promised to be patient.     Ever nfl team knows how much talent the Raiders have on offense , just Jimmy G was just shot.    He couldn’t admit he made mistake , and move on.      I can’t say if OConnell will be the answer but he will have nine games to make his case. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Who want Harbaugh .   I don’t want Harbaugh as I a want young offense minded coach.   I don’t want the big name coach who stuck in there ways.  I want the coach who going to run a system that fits the players  talents,  than trying to force them to fit his system.           Give me Frank Smith as not sexy pick but someone I think could be great Nfl coach.

You would be incredibly lucky to get harbaugh and he is an offensive minded coach

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Well just shows you don’t know your football because this is easy a top five offense team talented wise.   Learn the game son.  There is a reason why the owner fired the coach and Gm when he promised to be patient.     Ever nfl team knows how much talent the Raiders have on offense , just Jimmy G was just shot.    He couldn’t admit he made mistake , and move on.      I can’t say if OConnell will be the answer but he will have nine games to make his case. 

Bengals, Eagles, Ravens, 49ers, Lions, Chiefs, Seahawks, Chargers, and Dolphins all definitely have more talent than the Raiders. LV has Adams and Josh Jacobs, and that's about it.

On 11/3/2023 at 10:01 PM, Raideraholic said:

What if Davante forces the issue?

4 receptions for 34 yards aren’t the type of numbers he is used to.