Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

5 minutes ago, Asymmetrical said:

I was just messing around, I think the guy is pretty awful. but no harm in letting him rip it at this point. I do think we ran that experiment in Detroit last year - result was a lot of yardage, a million bad misses, a brain breaking pick and 17 points. But sure, why not at this point.

Yeah we have nothing to lose and at least were in that game against a decent Detroit team. These games against Buffalo where we lose 32-9 or whatever and can't even cross midfield are just embarrassing. 

10 hours ago, dcJet said:

Saleh's 0-12 in games in December and after.  

We beat Jacksonville on 12-26-21 but Saleh didn't coach that game.

I mean, I watched them all but wasn’t counting. That’s a crazy stat.

With 5 games left in season 3, the Saleh Jets are:

0-12 after November (0-5, 0-6, 0-1)

3-20 after October (1-8, 2-7, 0-5)

Also 2 of those 3 post-October wins came against awful 3 and 4 win teams: 4-13 Houston, who got 2 of their own wins against 3-14 Jacksonville, and 3-14 Chicago with Siemian starting for Fields. 

That is ****ing nuts.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The commanders have a qb who can throw 2-3 tds a game.  We cant throw 1.  The commanders will easily beat us.

Jets have always ruined tanks against better comp. They beat a Super Bowl champion. Washington isn’t a good team. They only team remaining im confident will handle the jets with ease is Houston and Miami

4 minutes ago, Bay Ridge Jet said:

Jets have always ruined tanks against better comp. They beat a Super Bowl champion. Washington isn’t a good team. They only team remaining im confident will handle the jets with ease is Houston and Miami

But every other year we could score a td.  We literally cannot score a td.  This team is worse then all of those teams.

Every team we play will score 2 or 3 tds.  We cannot score any tds so we are not able to win another football game this year.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Trying to run it back as Captain next year

I will highly consider being re-elected if its offered to me.  My actions this year of resigning 4 plays in has led us to the number 2 pick and drake maye.  Ive earned another go at this.

We will see what the people think.

• Ugh 1
  • More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We dont have a qb who can throw a td.  We will lose out, get the 2nd pick in the draft and take drake maye.

Its happening jet fans!!!!

58 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

^^^ Trying to run it back as Captain next year

O Captain! My Captain!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dudes and Dudets if we lose out 

CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE THE HEADLINES LEADING UP TO THE DRAFT WITH THE #2 PICK AGAIN, RODGERS AND ALL THIS NONSENSE WE HAVE GOING ON?

Talk about drama filled s*** show 

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

I'm just waiting to hear the crown jewel sentence of the calendar year when it comes to this franchise:

"THE JETS CONTROL THE DRAFT!"

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Dudes and Dudets if we lose out 

CAN YOU GUYS IMAGINE THE HEADLINES LEADING UP TO THE DRAFT WITH THE #2 PICK AGAIN, RODGERS AND ALL THIS NONSENSE WE HAVE GOING ON?

Talk about drama filled s*** show 

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!

Happy Pumped Up GIF by AT&T

Someone dropped some cocaine into your oatmeal this morning sir. Pass the spoon please.

• Haha 1

Just now, Beerfish said:

The Jets are not losing out.

If the Jets are having a terrible year and about to get something good in the draft they ALWAYS win a meaningless game.

They will do the same this year, probably win a couple of games down the stretch.

Nope.  They cannot score a td.  They wont win another game.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Nope.  They cannot score a td.  They wont win another game.

We see this same stuff every year and every year they find a way to win late.

We missed out on Matt Ryan, Nick Bosa and Trevor Lawrence by winning late meaningless games in lost seasons, we will do it again.

Can;t score a td?  Fine we will win a game 12-7

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

2020 we had 25 offensive touchdowns as a team (horrible)

2021 we had 34 offensive touchdowns (still sad)

2022 we had 28 (horrible)

in 2023 we currently have 10....10 as an offensive unit...historic levels bad. If we score 2 offensive TDs per game the rest of the way (ain't happening) we'd still only have 20 for the year....

Yeah I think losing out is certainly doable. But this team always finds ways to ruin a good old tank job.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We missed out on Matt Ryan, Nick Bosa and Trevor Lawrence by winning late meaningless games in lost seasons, we will do it again.

I would normally agree with y’all with this but we literally do not have a QB.

Zach Wilson does not want to play and can’t play good regardless 

Even if he plays well the defense is mostly checked out and the backup QBs can barley complete a forward pass, Garrett Wilson is banged up 

idk I think we really lose out 

21 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

Even if he plays well the defense is mostly checked out and the backup QBs can barley complete a forward pass, Garrett Wilson is banged up 

I'm a little concerned about this week with Houston and VERY concerned at home against the Commanders.

I feel good about losing to Miami, Cleveland, and New England (especially in what might potentially be the last game BB coaches there).

• Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, oatmeal said:

The issue is we face a couple of really bad teams as well.   The commanders and the pats.

The pats had everything go their way vs pitt and almost lost.

Howell for the commanders could throw for 300 yards or for 4 ints.

I think it is all academic becasue  I've already called for us to upset Houston this coming week.  😎

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:
  • The Cardinals have a rough finish to the season with the only winnable game being against Chicago and maybe Seattle.
  • Patriots can beat the Broncos and will probably beat us (hopefully)
  • Bears have winnable games against the Cardinals, Browns, and Falcons
  • Commanders aren't winning another game unless it's against us

I think there's a decent shot we get to 3 and it's looking like a top 5 pick. We're not drafting a QB unfortunately so a lot of the suspense is dying down, other than hoping for Harrison Jr at 3.

We’re not taking caleb, we would prefer the classic qb in maye.  And he’s going first IMO.  

It will be less painful to get the 4th or 5th pick and go OL than it will to get the 2nd pick and trade out, take OL and then not take a qb with the 2nd rounder they get in a trade back.  

4 hours ago, derp said:

Assuming SOS holds - a couple of them are pretty close. 

Well we would leapfrog Washington and New England because of the losses. Chicago plays Arizona so we would leapfrog the winner. I guess there a chance that New England gets #3 still on SoS but I don't think so

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Our D is not good enough to hold anyone to 7 points.  The Falcons are the worst O we will see all year and even they scored 13 points.

And no, we do not see the same stuff every year.  See the 1996 season.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, neckdemon said:

Well we would leapfrog Washington and New England because of the losses. Chicago plays Arizona so we would leapfrog the winner. I guess there a chance that New England gets #3 still on SoS but I don't think so

I think New England beats us and Denver, finishing with 5 wins.