Woody Johnson: Merged

Alka

21 hours ago, BP said:

Hess would go to games, but rarely went to practices and wasn’t in on draft day. Woody is at EVERY practice and meddles with Christopher all weekend long on draft day.

This is why no intelligent football person will take a job as hc here. We’re stuck with morons like Saleh, gase, Bowles because they’re oblivious to why it’s wrong. Among another billion things they’re oblivious to. That’s why Belichick and parcells left.

Watch The 2 Bills - Beli comes right out and says a 20 minute conversation with that imbecile was more then enough to get him to scramble out of here.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

you are coming on 20 years of posting on a Jets fan forum, who is the real imbecile?

Personally attacking a long time JN poster for calling the Jets owner an imbecile? You see where I’m going here, Batman?  

if your post was part of an imbecile competition, guess who would be the winner?

:rl: 

• Upvote 2

I don't know how much Woody had to do with the Rodgers trade...

But it sure does feel like a lot.  From beginning to end...

To folding and giving away picks they didn't have to so Rodgers can go to Broadway shows and get Jets press.   Just feels like Woody's finger prints all over it..

But JD has continually said it was his call...so who the heck knows....

But trading those picks was an all-time bad organization move.  

2 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Eight winning sessions between 2000 and 2010.

One since then.

emoji2961.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

And from 2001-2004 they won despite the horrible coaching, a jets trademark. Undisciplined, stupid and poorly coached teams have been a jets staple for over 20 years.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

11 minutes ago, BP said:

And from 2001-2004 they won despite the horrible coaching, a jets trademark. Undisciplined, stupid and poorly coached teams have been a jets staple for over 20 years.

That's because they played to win the game. :D  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, batman10023 said:

you are coming on 20 years of posting on a Jets fan forum, who is the real imbecile?

We all are.....  Woody treats us like we don't matter.  Woody is a terrible owner from a fan standpoint.  He sits around, makes absolutely poor decisions and enjoys the ride that the NFL provides. He adds no value. NONE.  The value is intrinsic in the brand and sport. I imagine, after reading your posts, you could done better. I think I could have as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BP said:

1 hour ago, jamesr said:

That's because they played to win the game. :D  

I believe that was the backdraft of Parcells.  Most were his guys and his attitude. Herm was a complete loser.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 hours ago, BP said:

Personally attacking a long time JN poster for calling the Jets owner an imbecile? You see where I’m going here, Batman?  

if your post was part of an imbecile competition, guess who would be the winner?

I feel like there’s some nepo baby frustration in that post. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BP said:

Main reason they won anything is the Parcells holdovers, too.  Woody gets very little credit for those teams.  The process behind the Herm hiring was an embarrassment.  And yet Herm is still the 2nd or 3rd best HC of the Woody era, lol.  

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Main reason they won anything is the Parcells holdovers, too.  Woody gets very little credit for those teams.  The process behind the Herm hiring was an embarrassment.  And yet Herm is still the 2nd or 3rd best HC of the Woody era, lol.  

I love the guys that use the stats from 2000 to 2006 to "PAD" Jets success.   Those teams were talented, had a "hit and miss" Chad but above all were poorly coached.  But as stated, were in the backdraft of Parcells.  We haven't drafted a solid consistent QB since KOB. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

I love the guys that use the stats from 2000 to 2006 to "PAD" Jets success.   Those teams were talented, had a "hit and miss" Chad but above all were poorly coached.  But as stated, were in the backdraft of Parcells.  We haven't drafted a solid consistent QB since KOB. 

2 years of good QB play and he fell apart at the end of that 2nd year.  That's what counts as a "solid consistent QB"? 

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/O/OBriKe00.htm

image.png.35353bb7741209413b97c7f219ab6efe.png

13 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I don't know how much Woody had to do with the Rodgers trade...

But it sure does feel like a lot.  From beginning to end...

To folding and giving away picks they didn't have to so Rodgers can go to Broadway shows and get Jets press.   Just feels like Woody's finger prints all over it..

But JD has continually said it was his call...so who the heck knows....

But trading those picks was an all-time bad organization move.  

Without Rodgers, JD and Saleh are already fired.

With Rodgers, they get the 2024 season (at least) to try and run it back.

So tell me me again how JD and Saleh had no reason to be the driving force behind the Rodgers trade, lol.

It's clear as day JD was the guy behind it, trying to save his flailing career in the decision-year on his current soon-to-end contract. 

It's also clear IMO that Saleh loved the idea, and Woody being Woody, loved it for the splash too.

16 hours ago, BP said:

i don't see where you are going.  you called someone an imbecile.  that imbecile directly or indirectly takes money from you for watching this product which you don't like.  

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We all are.....  Woody treats us like we don't matter.  Woody is a terrible owner from a fan standpoint.  He sits around, makes absolutely poor decisions and enjoys the ride that the NFL provides. He adds no value. NONE.  The value is intrinsic in the brand and sport. I imagine, after reading your posts, you could done better. I think I could have as well.

i am not smart for choosing and sticking with the Jets.  But I am not going to blame that on the owner.

3 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

i don't see where you are going.  you called someone an imbecile.  that imbecile directly or indirectly takes money from you for watching this product which you don't like.  

Most fans predate Woody. Your admiration for Woody because he was born rich is interesting. You guys do business together or something?

Just now, Matt39 said:

Most fans predate Woody. Your admiration for Woody because he was born rich is interesting. You guys do business together or something?

he's part of the lucky sperm club but he was smart to buy the Jets when he did.

Outside of meeting him a couple of times (at a restaurant and at Jets practice) I have no personal or business relationship with him.

20 years ago the team was the 25th most valuable team in the NFL.

this past year it was 7th.

that's a pretty big move up.