Zach’s “Injury” is a Farce

1 minute ago, fastmover said:

I don’t know, but I’ll guess it was the sack/fumble, where he was hit on a hi/lo tackle. The dolphin that went high should have been flagged for diving head first, helmet to helmet on Zach but wasn’t.  Then to cap it off his head bounced off the turf when he landed…. 
that would be my guess. 

Semper Fi 

It’s amazing that he is alive! 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

It’s amazing that he is alive! 

It’s amazing that you didn’t see the hit he took and came on here with this BS!  SMH…

you said it  yourself, earlier in the thread “ what play did he get hurt on?, I’d like to go back and watch it” 

Semper Fi 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

17 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Pretty sure the NYJ didn't want him in the concussion protocol because at that point he'd be ruled out immediately, and they have no say in that matter anyway.  He initially was ruled OK by an independent (supposedly) Neurologist and continued playing before heading to the LR in the second qtr.  Maybe no one knew what the re-evaluation for a concussion was at that point and they made an excuse like dehydration?  Who knows?

The team doesn't put people in concussion protocol...the league does.  Not everything that happens to the NYJ is a grand conspiracy or tabloid fodder.

lol lots of assumptions here.  More needed than my theory.

Why say ANYTHING about dehydration if they didn’t know?  Why are 2 reporters saying dehydration at one point, tests at another and finally concussion later on?  

It’s no grand conspiracy, indeed:  The man child didn’t want to play anymore.  Pretty simple.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Pretty sure the NYJ didn't want him in the concussion protocol because at that point he'd be ruled out immediately, and they have no say in that matter anyway.  He initially was ruled OK by an independent (supposedly) Neurologist and continued playing before heading to the LR in the second qtr.  Maybe no one knew what the re-evaluation for a concussion was at that point and they made an excuse like dehydration?  Who knows?

The team doesn't put people in concussion protocol...the league does.  Not everything that happens to the NYJ is a grand conspiracy or tabloid fodder.

Sounds like Zach was banged up but the independent neurologist wouldn’t call it a concussion, so the Jets scrambled to come up with a reason to send him back to the locker room. Later on, Zach answers enough questions correctly to get the concussion diagnosis and the Jets have their excuse all wrapped up nice and tidy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Sounds like Zach was banged up but the independent neurologist wouldn’t call it a concussion, so the Jets scrambled to come up with a reason to send him back to the locker room. Later on, Zach answers enough questions correctly to get the concussion diagnosis and the Jets have their excuse all wrapped up nice and tidy. 

do you write hollywood screenplays?

Just now, ChewyandtheJets said:

If it was my kid getting pummeled out there I would go on the field, tell Saleh he gargles balls, and pull my son out of the game to protect his life.   It was the most embarrassing display of offensive line play I have literally ever seen.  “We are going to lift you up” Saleh told him when he was drafted.   I cannot believe we are going to bring this total joke of a HC back for another year of this nonsense.  He has earned a one way ticket out of here and it isn’t even debatable any more between the on the field issues and off. 

I agree with all of this.  And though I'd have mixed feelings about getting rid of JD (for various reasons), I think we need to clean house.

2 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

If it was my kid getting pummeled out there I would go on the field, tell Saleh he gargles balls, and pull my son out of the game to protect his life.   It was the most embarrassing display of offensive line play I have literally ever seen.  “We are going to lift you up” Saleh told him when he was drafted.   I cannot believe we are going to bring this total joke of a HC back for another year of this nonsense.  He has earned a one way ticket out of here and it isn’t even debatable any more between the on the field issues and off. 

You’d pull your adult son out of a game? Our fanbase man.

• Upvote 1