The Great Jeff Ulbrich

2 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

Or maybe you are trying to deflect away from something else that's been bothering you? Not trying to be a dick, here. All I'm saying, from my perspective, starting a thread attacking Ulbrich at this point of a disaster of a season is kind of a reach. Like, hey, look, a squirrel! 

This has nothing to do with ZW.  But even if you think that way, look at the points I made and debate those.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This has nothing to do with ZW.  But even if you think that way, look at the points I made and debate those.

Look, the team is undisciplined. That's on all the coaches. I'm not defending anyone, based on the record alone, they should all be sh*tcanned. But this is Woody World. 

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

20th in 3rd down conversions.

27th in run defense

19th in interceptions

14th in forced fumbles

13th in sacks

'All World Elite'

I am not one of the people spouting that they are "All World Elite" but whose ass did you pull those stats out of?  27th in run D?  Well, in yardage, but they are 32nd in attempts against which makes them 10th in ypc against.  Egad! Top 10, how horrible! 19th in INTs and 13th in sacks?  Sure, but that is with the 5th least passes attempted against.  I mean I spend all day hearing about context in why the offense needs to (insert ridiculous attempt at competency here) at least do it for the D too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

20th in 3rd down conversions.

27th in run defense

19th in interceptions

14th in forced fumbles

13th in sacks

'All World Elite'

*sigh*

when are you going to stop using total yards in your arguments? They are meaningless. They have to be weighted by rushing or passing attempts. We’ve been over this!!!!!!

“27th in run defense” is meaningless. 

The Jets are 27th in total rushing yards allowed . . . but that’s meaningless because they have defended the most rushing attempts in the league . . . Because they are always trailing . . . Because their offense can’t score. 

FYI, the Jets are 10th in the league in yards allowed per attempt (4.0). 

• Post of the Week 1

41 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

*sigh*

when are you going to stop using total yards in your arguments? They are meaningless. They have to be weighted by rushing or passing attempts. We’ve been over this!!!!!!

“27th in run defense” is meaningless. 

The Jets are 27th in total rushing yards allowed . . . but that’s meaningless because they have defended the most rushing attempts in the league . . . Because they are always trailing . . . Because their offense can’t score. 

FYI, the Jets are 10th in the league in yards allowed per attempt (4.0). 

Are all of those stats especially 20th in 3rd downs and turnover rankings good?   Elite?

Blame the offense for not taking the ball away?

Blaming the offense for how poor they are at getting off the field on 3rd down?

They are that low on run defense because they have a bad run defense.

Ny Jets, good solid defense, not uber great and certainly not elite

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Are all of those stats especially 20th in 3rd downs and turnover rankings good?   Elite?

Blame the offense for not taking the ball away?

Blaming the offense for how poor they are at getting off the field on 3rd down?

They are that low on run defense because they have a bad run defense.

Ny Jets, good solid defense, not uber great and certainly not elite

Even stats like total sacks and total interceptions have the same basic problem that really need to be normalized by opposing pass attempts. 

listen, I think it depends on what you mean by “elite.” I certainly think they are one of better defenses in the league and probably a top 2 or 3 defense against the pass. 

Either way, I don’t see a lot of people saying things like the jets defense is “Uber great.” The main sentiment I see on here is that the defense is the strongest unit on the team and easily good enough to win with if we had a competent offense 

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Even stats like total sacks and total interceptions have the same basic problem that really need to be normalized by opposing pass attempts. 

listen, I think it depends on what you mean by “elite.” I certainly think they are one of better defenses in the league and probably a top 2 or 3 defense against the pass. 

Either way, I don’t see a lot of people saying things like the jets defense is “Uber great.” The main sentiment I see on here is that the defense is the strongest unit on the team and easily good enough to win with if we had a competent offense 

We also need to normalize Jeff Ulbrich's impact on this defense.  There's plenty of talent on the defensive side of the ball this year.  Is the team playing above their level of talent or just at their level?  If the latter, then all he's doing is what should be expected anyway.

• Upvote 1

On 12/18/2023 at 7:05 AM, rangerous said:

In all fairness, when did the doltfins say tyreek was out?  I heard it Sunday so the jets went through the week maybe thinking both waddle and tyreek would play.  If this is the ca we, then it’s pretty bad intel by the jets.  Maybe Saleh called up his buddy McDaniel and asked him about tyreek.

The defense played well enough.  It’s hard for any defense to play on a short field the whole game.  The score could’ve been much worse if they weren’t playing well.

That reminds me a little of the 2010 season. When the Jets played in New England on the road, I think Jim Leonhard got hurt right before the game or was unavailable. The Jets got torched that day and afterwards some of the defensive players commented that not having Leonhard out there at the last moment really hurt the D because they weren't prepared to play without him. 

Just now, maury77 said:

That reminds me a little of the 2010 season. When the Jets played in New England on the road, I think Jim Leonhard got hurt right before the game or was unavailable. The Jets got torched that day and afterwards some of the defensive players commented that not having Leonhard out there at the last moment really hurt the D because they weren't prepared to play without him. 

Sort of like how the Dolphins didn't have Tyreek Hill out there and their OL was banged-up against our vaunted defense.

Except that the Dolphins put up 30 on us and McDaniel took pity on his friend Saleh and didn't run up the score further.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Sort of like how the Dolphins didn't have Tyreek Hill out there and their OL was banged-up against our vaunted defense.

Except that the Dolphins put up 30 on us and McDaniel took pity on his friend Saleh and didn't run up the score further.

Even if they had stopped Waddle, so what

All the Dolphins needed was 3 pts to ice the game because the “CEO head coach” is a glorified cheerleader devoid of any clue how to fix his offense

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Even if they had stopped Waddle, so what

All the Dolphins needed was 3 pts to ice the game because the “CEO head coach” is a glorified cheerleader devoid of any clue how to fix his offense

The same thing you wrote would also apply if our defense gave up 70 points.  I agree Saleh needs to go but I don't think Ulbrich deserves a free pass.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Does Jeff Ulbrich get a pass again for today's performance?

It’s Ensalada’s fault

He’s the head coach

I bet he’d never watched a snap of Jacoby Brissett in his life so he had no clue what he could or couldn’t do 

Preparing for contingency situations in the context of your job isn’t as fun as golf with Beningo or running the stadium steps for the cameras

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

This defense isn’t just overrated it absolutely sucks.

I can't see any defense going out there for the Jets and actually being motivated to play hard for Saleh. He's lost the locker room, and it shows when a strong unit puts on a crap performance. 

• Upvote 1

The Great Jeff Ulbrich's vaunted defense gave up 55 points combined in the 2nd half of the Commanders game and the 1st half of the Browns game.  We also got smoked by the Dolphins without their MVP candidate WR, Tyreek Hill.  And the Browns top WR, Amari Cooper, was out last night as well.

To be fair, though, he was going up against superstars Joe Flacco and Jacoby Brissett.

image.png.b8565be974d169d7159365b890231d09.png

image.png.1f2d92ea8abe68403ca8f3a665357341.png

image.png.986a998a42ab1cdcbc895db48a50051c.png

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"They don't treat stars differently.  They kind of just operate like every week is the same.  'Our system is our system'. That's almost arrogant to the point where I have significant questions next year..."

-Connor Rogers

The only time Saleh gets mad is at the refs. For calling penalties. When they’re stupid penalties he pats the guy on the back and says it’s ok. It’s not ok. Here in lies the problem. Nobody on the team is being held accountable by him, ever. And when that happens it snowballs into an avalanche of undisciplined play, like we see week after week. 

the guy is not very smart. No wonder why he fits in well here and woody loves him

On 12/19/2023 at 6:56 PM, #27TheDominator said:

Look, Max said to be nice, so I'm not going to say what I am thinking.  How do you claim that I "missed" something I directly commented on?  How do you repeat it without addressing my comment?  Ulbrich does get a free pass.  Do you know why?  He deserves one.  The Jets have given up 30 points four times this season.  In three of those games they turned the ball over 4 times.  In three of those games the offense did not top 160 yards.  Coincidence?  I think not. 

Does Ulbrich still get/deserve a free pass?

11 hours ago, Hex said:

I can't see any defense going out there for the Jets and actually being motivated to play hard for Saleh. He's lost the locker room, and it shows when a strong unit puts on a crap performance. 

AGAIN

he lost the locker room again. Last season they totally tanked and lost every game down the stretch

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...