Wake up every damn day feeling hungover.

I’m 60 …Haven’t had a beer since early July never drank hard liquor in my life haven’t smoked weed since high school never smoked in my life. no drugs. Been going through a bitter divorce for 2 years. What’s wrong with me? Besides the orthopedic pains from 5 surgeries I feel like sh*t. Any ideas? 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

I’m 60 …Haven’t had a beer since early July never drank hard liquor in my life haven’t smoked weed since high school never smoked in my life. no drugs. Been going through a bitter divorce for 2 years. What’s wrong with me? Besides the orthopedic pains from 5 surgeries I feel like sh*t. Any ideas? 

Hard mt dews are amazing.  Also, get out there and meet new people.  It gets better.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BP said:

Not sure what this means, so I’ll ask. What’s a premium gpt membership ?

AI..Chat GPT. The $20 a month plan.

If I was feeling run down the doctor is the first place I would go. Chat GPT would be second.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

AI..Chat GPT. The $20 a month plan.

If I was feeling run down the doctor is the first place I would go. Chat GPT would be second.

After I turned 50 I always go to the doctor every year even if I feel great. I have a family history of stroke and heart disease and my older brother had a stent put in at 54 years old.

I have too much invested in my retirement to spend it horizontally. 

• Upvote 2

Seems obvious, but go to the doctor and get full bloodwork done. Could be any of a dozen things at 60. 

And I second the suggestion of working out. Doesn't have to be anything crazy but exercise helps.

And honestly, I wouldn't rule out depression after what you've been going through. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Depression stress anxiety is kicking my ass ….. my children ignored me for Christmas. A friend of the family just told me a little while ago your ex wife is doing everything she can to deter those adult kids from having any relationship with you she sees it as a moral victory and it covers up her cheating so you always look like the bad guy to everyone. She basically wants me dead or in jail. My Dr recommended a  multi vitamin today over the phone along with some other suggestions. I’m alone I have nobody for support or help with anything. I went from an active member of 40 years in fire department 35 at my job with many friends to very few. Divorce sucks and people always take woman’s side she’s Satan and a liar. 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Depression stress anxiety is kicking my ass ….. my children ignored me for Christmas. A friend of the family just told me a little while ago your ex wife is doing everything she can to deter those adult kids from having any relationship with you she sees it as a moral victory and it covers up her cheating so you always look like the bad guy to everyone. She basically wants me dead or in jail. My Dr recommended a  multi vitamin today over the phone along with some other suggestions. I’m alone I have nobody for support or help with anything. I went from an active member of 40 years in fire department 35 at my job with many friends to very few. Divorce sucks and people always take woman’s side she’s Satan and a liar. 

If they are adults and are not having a relationship with you, then move on.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

I have a 92 year old uncle who recently just got a new girlfriend from his little old age community he has down in Florida. Moral of the story is you’re never too old to enjoy yourself and live life. Join a gym, go for walks, create an online dating profile. Get out there and live life. Don’t let your depression consume you. Life is short don’t waste it over a bitter divorce. Move on. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Go back to work at the fire department .

Having suffered major trauma in my experience as a patient.. not a Dr ... Major stress can cause actual physical and neurological damage. Add to that possible depression ... I agree .. see your Dr and possibly therapy.

This doesn't cover the angst following this team brings.

The poster the suggested working out was offering excellent advice.

I am not a Dr .. just offering thoughts.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Dude are you fat? Have u gained weight? You never said

Dude youre getting better every day. Time heals all wounds. Just think about the next girl you date. The excitement! A couple of dates and oh boy when will it happen? Unzipping her jeans, pulling her panties down. Seeing them pubes for the first time…. or no pubes?! What will she do? Will she swallow? Ass play???

omg dude your best days r ahead

On 12/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, BP said:

FWIW I had a DOT physical this summer and the doctor said I had the BP of a teenager. 112 over 67 lol I’m 58.

I would recommend you start working out and take care of yourself. If you take all your anger out on the weights from the bitterness of your divorce you’ll probably have super human strength.

And for the final time, live your life and put this sh*t in your past. Your ex wife is loving your misery. Don’t let her win. 

Not just weights, how about taking some boxing classes, or just hitting the bag? Heck go to a batting cage and smack the balls around. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro. He's 60, not 16.

so what? that burn never leaves you

I am happily married but its kind of a bummer that I will never expwerience that special joy again. knock on wood.

so, you believe me about the turkey thing right? you better

Lots of good suggestions (ex. get blood work, exercising) and lots of possibilities (stress, depression, blood sugar). Definitely start with getting some blood work done.

One I didn't see mentioned is sleep apnea. May be worth getting tested for that too.

I went thru a bad divorce about 17 years ago. You'll get thru it and life will get better. Stay strong.

• Upvote 4

On 12/25/2023 at 4:52 AM, joewilly12 said:

@Bronx 

• Haha 2

Medical aside I would say stress, you have been through the wringer for the past two years. Especially when it comes to a nasty divorce. Like said above maybe get away for a while, maybe a  week down in Costa Rica might help. Maybe FL, just to relax get away from all that negativity, shut your brain off the best you can. Just finalized my second divorce, cannabis and booze helped, in moderation of course ( not the most sound medical advice) sometimes you have to do what you can to get by. The Jets just make it worse, I’m sure you understand that. A walk or a bike ride by the beach helps to clear your head, at least briefly it’s better than obsessing over this sh*t  over and over. 

• Upvote 1