Jets lead in Pre-Snap Penalties this year

This is mainly on saleh.  Blame the assistants? Sure but saleh hired them.  The oline jumble is likely caused by Keith carter not understanding the plays that Hackett is trying to implement and then not giving the oline the right blocking formations.  I’m not sure how the qb play calling plays into this.  I see the QBs always pointing out the Mike lb but I’m not sure if he tells which guy each of them is supposed to block.  And then there are the matador blocks by cook who has yet to successfully pick up a free runner.

• Upvote 3

Truth is with this much change on the OL seemingly every week, and then QB changes from one scrub to another later on, it’s not that surprising.

They’re a hard offense to watch, even without the penalties. The crazy # of penalties on top of it all make it more or less a comedy, once you’re past the frustration phase as a fan.

• Upvote 4

I've been a huge critic of the CS, but honestly I can't imagine it's easy to avoid these penalties when there are 4 QBs and 30 OLers going through the offense. I don't know whose fault that is, be it the CS for bad coaching and injury prevention or the front offense for getting injury prone or just bad players.

• Upvote 1

This is not going to work.

All the Rodgers injury did was buy Bobby Slogans a free pass on another losing season.

The play was to sign Lamar and force the Ravens' hand.

2 1st round picks is nothing to pay for a 26 y.o. franchise QB in his prime.

Even if the Ravens' had decided to match the offer, you adversely impact a dangerous AFC opponent by forcing them to commit and guarantee more $ against the cap than they wanted to.

• Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

This is mainly on saleh.  Blame the assistants? Sure but saleh hired them.  The oline jumble is likely caused by Keith carter not understanding the plays that Hackett is trying to implement and then not giving the oline the right blocking formations.  I’m not sure how the qb play calling plays into this.  I see the QBs always pointing out the Mike lb but I’m not sure if he tells which guy each of them is supposed to block.  And then there are the matador blocks by cook who has yet to successfully pick up a free runner.

i know Hackett got here first but he was hired to help bring Rodgers here. Remember Salah did not want to fire MLF, Woody forced him. and say what you want about him but go back and look at the stats, the Offense ran much better when Zach wasnt at QB.

interesting stat. in Zachs 11 games we avg 277 total yards and about 16 ppg. and im not even including the Miami game when he got hurt and we scored no points.

in Siemans 2 starts we are averaging 370 total yards and 25 ppg. 

26 minutes ago, Hex said:

I've been a huge critic of the CS, but honestly I can't imagine it's easy to avoid these penalties when there are 4 QBs and 30 OLers going through the offense. I don't know whose fault that is, be it the CS for bad coaching and injury prevention or the front offense for getting injury prone or just bad players.

this is 100% right.

this is only happening on the offense. the defense is ranked 9th in total penalties. 

this is what makes me laugh about all the undisciplined crap you hear here. Cleveland the best defense has the most defensive penalties, Eagles 3rd worst, Balt 5th worst.  

I’d like to know what the break down is on that number. What % is from OL and or QB. We’ve had something like 12 different O line combinations. I know becton is responsible for roughly 10% of the teams  entire penalty total…

1 hour ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

This is not going to work.

All the Rodgers injury did was buy Bobby Slogans a free pass on another losing season.

The play was to sign Lamar and force the Ravens' hand.

2 1st round picks is nothing to pay for a 26 y.o. franchise QB in his prime.

Even if the Ravens' had decided to match the offer, you adversely impact a dangerous AFC opponent by forcing them to commit and guarantee more $ against the cap than they wanted to.

@JustInFudge

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

"Bad team does things badly.... this and more, at 11"

While true, Aaron Rodgers playing next year isn't going to fix this. This Coaching Staff is going to have to figure it out. Playing on a short week isn't an excuse. Playing with backups isn't one either. Blaming the OL or the QB isn't what a leader of men do. The Buck Stops with Saleh.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Claymation said:

While true, Aaron Rodgers playing next year isn't going to fix this. This Coaching Staff is going to have to figure it out. Playing on a short week isn't an excuse. Playing with backups isn't one either. Blaming the OL or the QB isn't what a leader of men do. The Buck Stops with Saleh.

They’ll figure it out by trying to stay healthy and not have 100 diff combinations with backups. 

36 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

They’ll figure it out by trying to stay healthy and not have 100 diff combinations with backups. 

The Browns played 4 QBs and had 13 different OL play this year.

The Jets had 4 QBs and 14 different OL play this year.

One team has 11 wins and the other 6.

As George Washington once quipped, It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.

2 hours ago, Claymation said:

Some of this is psychological/mental. Lose Aaron 4 seconds in the first game, Zach then looks like the next coming of Weekend at Bernie's and you get sloppy/the details. Good coaches can compensate for this -- but by virtue of not having the worst fcking luck and offense in the galaxy next season, you'll see a course correction regardless

Well Cleveland is also pretty high on the penalty list.  There are a bunch of different things I think that contribute.  They are using a new system.  A bunch of QBs and at least 4 centers.  When Tippman took over they had a few.  Those are the players that call the protections and that contributes for sure.  They tried to roll in a bunch of younger WR and those guys have been called for a few incorrect formations.  I was saying this was going to happen when people were crying to play more young blood.  Play young, inexperienced players in a system they are not familiar and this is what you get. 

They also suck, which makes them prone to press.  Becton has been having a hard time with the speed rush and has been having a ton of penalties, particularly false starts since he is getting beaten so badly off the ball.  He had a couple each against Cleveland and Dallas.  The papers were complaining in early December when he had 5, but I think he has 8 as of now.  That is pretty significant and another reason to potentially move on.

That being said, there are no excuses and if there are, I don't want to hear them.  It does not surprise me, but it can't continue.   I don't know if Saleh made some weird ass comments and I don't care. 

• Upvote 1