Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Seeing is believing.  He played much better this season than last.  Most of the season he was throwing to one reliable receiver. Conklin started to get the attention once uzomah and Lazard proved to be pretty bad. And hall wasn’t being used effectively as a pass receiver.  Put Zach on an established team and he will do well.

He took 46 sacks in 12 games and threw 8 touchdowns. He’s one of the worst starting QBs in the history of the league.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, rangerous said:

Seeing is believing.  He played much better this season than last.  Most of the season he was throwing to one reliable receiver. Conklin started to get the attention once uzomah and Lazard proved to be pretty bad. And hall wasn’t being used effectively as a pass receiver.  Put Zach on an established team and he will do well.

7C229E1D-F5DD-4804-B58D-06FC83B5CA13.thumb.jpeg.3f61f058d9c347f9f726fbb97d59939d.jpeg

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, rangerous said:

Yes, seeing is believing.  From what I saw, I can't believe what I am reading.  His bad balls got better and he threw more good balls?  Hallelujah.  He was pressured a lot and had a lot of dropped balls?  All these things happen to guys that hold the ball too long.  His needle pointed up?  Sure.  The view from the ground is always up.  Still, the idea he will "do well" is beyond insane.  In fact, the idea that "an established team" would give him an opportunity is equally insane.  If one did when he failed we would be told they were idiots that didn't know how to run a team.  Of course at that point there would be evidence to back that up, but whatever. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/7/2024 at 9:49 AM, JetNation said:

Zach-benched-vs-Buffalo.jpg

Breaking news report claims the Jets are planning on trading quarterback Zach Wilson this offseason which should come as a surprise to absolutely nobody. But which other Jets players could be suiting up for Gang Green one last time today against the Patriots?

Mekhi Becton?  John Franklin-Myers?  Bryce Huff?

All likely or possibly done with Gang Green as of 4pm today.

The post Rapoport: Jets Expected to Trade Zach Wilson This Offseason appeared first on JetNation.com - New York Jets Blog & Forum.

Click here to read the full story...

It would be a mistake to get rid of Zach Wilson. Kid can play with any decent play calling.

Hackett is the issue

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

It would be a mistake to get rid of Zach Wilson. Kid can play with any decent play calling.
Hackett is the issue
I agree... With an OLine and decent play calling the kid has a shot ... But I think his time here is done.... Hope he lands in KC, SF or possibly ATL.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, seeing is believing.  From what I saw, I can't believe what I am reading.  His bad balls got better and he threw more good balls?  Hallelujah.  He was pressured a lot and had a lot of dropped balls?  All these things happen to guys that hold the ball too long.  His needle pointed up?  Sure.  The view from the ground is always up.  Still, the idea he will "do well" is beyond insane.  In fact, the idea that "an established team" would give him an opportunity is equally insane.  If one did when he failed we would be told they were idiots that didn't know how to run a team.  Of course at that point there would be evidence to back that up, but whatever. 

Won’t you be surprised when he gets traded to the patsies.  Dropped balls happen when the receivers don’t hold on when they’re right in there hands.

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

ba6adddd912901b435452e934ed54d76.gif

Now that's a good point!

I did read the jets should get some day 3 comp picks this year.  So really, the biggest problem is they have no 2nd rounder, but 2 4th rounders.  Maybe they use huff to trade into the 2nd round.  I’m wondering if they’d consider mccarthy or nix in the 2nd round, or if they’d consider pratt in the 3rd.  Pratt is a great example of a qb the jets never take, a guy with good fundamentals, good leadership skills, accurate in the short and medium passing games but with average physical skills.  High floor, low ceiling, can come in and win games.  

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I did read the jets should get some day 3 comp picks this year.  So really, the biggest problem is they have no 2nd rounder, but 2 4th rounders.  Maybe they use huff to trade into the 2nd round.  I’m wondering if they’d consider mccarthy or nix in the 2nd round, or if they’d consider pratt in the 3rd.  Pratt is a great example of a qb the jets never take, a guy with good fundamentals, good leadership skills, accurate in the short and medium passing games but with average physical skills.  High floor, low ceiling, can come in and win games.  

With Rodgers publicly stating that he wants to play at LEAST 2 more seasons. I think we don't go near a QB this draft until the 3rd or even 4th at the earliest...and that's obviously if there is someone sitting there that we really like.

I'd like Pratt but feel that he will go in the 3rd (but who knows).

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Hackett is the issue

Zach true believers will never give up, never surrender.

To them, it's been literally everyone else's fault but Zach's.  Their beloved, dreamy, sexy Zachypoo.

When he goes, these same guys will be waiting for the first decent throw to spam the board about it.

Just like some of the same folks did with Darnold.

And Geno.

And Sanchez.

Some things never change.  Some Jets Fans just love trash QB's and refuse to give up that love.

9 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

With Rodgers publicly stating that he wants to play at LEAST 2 more seasons. I think we don't go near a QB this draft until the 3rd or even 4th at the earliest...and that's obviously if there is someone sitting there that we really like.

Well, rodgers can say what he wants (and does).  But if you’re douglas, are you banking your career on rodgers playing 12 or more games?  Also, after how bad the qb room was this past year, wouldn’t you want a complete overhaul of that room?  The entire offseason should be fixing the OL and qbs.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

It's like the Jets fans and front office didn't realize the Packers are in the playoffs this year.  

On 1/7/2024 at 3:11 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Zach has had a million chances, and shown his terrible he is time and time again.

We're going to refer to that as invaluable experience... you know cause were trying to get someone to bite.

You get on the The phone and be like: "So yeah you know ... we really failed this kid ... don't even want to trade him but it just isnt working out here and everything has gotten to a point of toxicity with the fanbase  to where we dont see a way to rehab and develop him here but... yeah yeah all the potential in the world we are looking for a third back in compensation back for him .... ohh the best you can do is a fourth okay I think a fresh start is best for everyone well take a 4th"

Happy Well Done GIF

2 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

We're going to refer to that as invaluable experience... you know cause were trying to get someone to bite.

You get on the The phone and be like: "So yeah you know ... we really failed this kid ... don't even want to trade him but it just isnt working out here and everything has gotten to a point of toxicity with the fanbase  to where we dont see a way to rehab and develop him here but... yeah yeah all the potential in the world we are looking for a third back in compensation back for him .... ohh the best you can do is a fourth okay I think a fresh start is best for everyone well take a 4th"

Happy Well Done GIF

clearly they ripped off carolina in the darnold trade, but maybe teams now think that the jets just draft crappy qbs

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

clearly they ripped off carolina in the darnold trade, but maybe teams now think that the jets just draft crappy qbs

Maybe ... but it's also just as easy to convince them we're dumb and  can't develop talent.... lets just try to steer what kind of stupid they think we are and use it to our own machiavellian advantage.

"Oh you think we can't draft... well we drafted Suace and GWILL and Breece but they were already finished products ...the QB not so much and we're just all thumbs when it comes to development but you and your organization you guys know how to develop"

Now about a mid to late mid pick:

gus sorola money GIF by Rooster Teeth

30 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Well, rodgers can say what he wants (and does).  But if you’re douglas, are you banking your career on rodgers playing 12 or more games?  Also, after how bad the qb room was this past year, wouldn’t you want a complete overhaul of that room?  The entire offseason should be fixing the OL and qbs.  

Absolutely, I'd take the best QB at the earliest availability. But I know what I want and what they're going to do are usually two completely different things lol.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

Won’t you be surprised when he gets traded to the patsies.  Dropped balls happen when the receivers don’t hold on when they’re right in there hands.

Omg did you see Zappe behind that OL against us?

JJ, Quinnen and co. would absolutely feast 2x a year with Kapono holding the ball for 100s back there.

Dudes on the Defense would be playing through all sorts of injuries to get on the field to pad their sack and INT numbers against him.

8 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Trey Lance was traded for a 4th rounder.   How does Zach’s trade value compare to Lance?

It’s simple.. 9ers gave up a TON to take a chance on Lance.. They really didn’t get a chance to try him out.. So he’s still a unknown.. Zach Wilson is definitely not a unknown lol

On 1/7/2024 at 4:58 PM, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Zach Wilson has more interceptions than tds. 
trey lance has more tds than interceptions.  

I think both suck. But id take lance over wilson all day. We never got to see much of lance. Only 4 starts. There is 3 years of film of Zach Wilson being historically bad.

Just can’t see any team giving up a 4th rd pick for zippy. 

A team would have to be very foolish to trade much for ZW.  The entire league knows we're getting rid of him.  I think it'll be a conditional 5th type of a pick.

On 1/7/2024 at 6:42 PM, rangerous said:

This is certainly feasible, imo.  I'll be very interested to see what becomes of the rest of his career.  I think the main thing for him right now is to go to the right franchise.  One with a good HC, OC and weapinzz.  

His 5 mil 2024 salary isn't that high for a backup with 32 starts and he has an upside. But teams might not want to pick up that contract and could wait for him to be released because they know he's a goner here. He's much more attractive to a team with an under 2 financial obligation. Doubtful that there's high interest for Zach.