It’s official, jets have the 10th pick in the 2024 draft

Just now, bonkertons said:

It's a safe bet that at least one, if not both those guys will be there at 10 which should make things easier in free agency.  As opposed to picking at 6 or 7 and basing who you sign around the "hope" that one of Alt or Olu will be there.  I guess there is at least value in that.  Not signing a LT and then watching Alt and Fashanu go ahead of us would sting.  Still I wouldn't be opposed to signing Bakhtiari or some other LT, bringing back Becton for a year at RT, and going into the draft with your eye on Odunze, Bowers, or even a QB if one drops.  

...but yeah I could see Minny moving up for sure.  Then again someone will have to take Nix and McCarthy.  Minny could decide to wait and settle on one of those guys in the 2nd.

I agree, they can now plan with the expectation they’re not getting a top 2 LT.  Don’t see those 2 tackles you mentioned getting it done, becton really has slow feet.  

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

10th pick = Stinkhole

Three QBs:  Williams, Maye, Daniels

Three WRs: Harrison, Nabers, Odunze

Two OTs: Fashanu, Alt

One Edge: Dallas Turner

Bowers will be the highest rated guy on the board but we won't take him.  That leaves Keion Coleman or a 2nd tier over drafted OT like Mims, or Fuaga or god forbid Latham

We might get lucky if someone falls in love with Penix we might be able to trade down.

Nobody saw gibbs going inside the top 10 last year. There is always someone that goes off the path and takes an unexpected guy. I mean, he’ll, we did it with McDonald last year, although a little later than inside the top 10.

2 minutes ago, extmenace said:

We’ve talked about this a few times. You believe the jets should draft a guy, I don’t think that happens. They’ll need to be aggressive and pay a guy like brisett a little above market value to get them here. Going after a FA back up makes the most sense. Let the 2025 coaching staff either it be saleh and co or the next staff make that decision.

They’ll know heading into the draft who they have as backup qb, or if they completely whiffed.  I’m assuming that no good backup is coming here b/c 1) he’s not competing for the starting job, and 2) if rodgers gets hurt again, they probably don’t make the playoffs and the whole staff gets fired and it’s a one year thing.  So i believe the best backup they can get is a guy like mccarthy.  If one of those qbs makes it to the 2nd round they should have a plan to get one. 

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Penix is very talented but a huge injury risk. I don’t know that he is a top10 pick.

I agree with you but if he plays in the nat champ game like he did in the semi final some team will fall for him and take that chance.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

Nobody saw gibbs going inside the top 10 last year. There is always someone that goes off the path and takes an unexpected guy. I mean, he’ll, we did it with McDonald last year. 

Very true maybe for once we will get lucky

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

10th pick = Stinkhole

Bowers will be the highest rated guy on the board but we won't take him.  That leaves Keion Coleman or a 2nd tier over drafted OT like Mims, or Fuaga or god forbid Latham

We might get lucky if someone falls in love with Penix we might be able to trade down.

Perfect spot for Jerzhan Newton, Illinois DT. 

We really need a couple of corners/edges to rise into the top 10 over the next few months.  Push one of those WR or OL down to us at 10.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

They’ll know heading into the draft who they have as backup qb, or if they completely whiffed.  I’m assuming that no good backup is coming here b/c 1) he’s not competing for the starting job, and 2) if rodgers gets hurt again, they probably don’t make the playoffs and the whole staff gets fired and it’s a one year thing.  So i believe the best backup they can get is a guy like mccarthy.  If one of those qbs makes it to the 2nd round they should have a plan to get one. 

This would be a decent landing spot for a back up qb . The starter is 40 years old, coming off a serious injury. These guys are looking for spots where there would be a chance for opportunity. This spot would fit the bill.

This would be a decent landing spot for a back up qb . The starter is 40 years old, coming off a serious injury. These guys are looking for spots where there would be a chance for opportunity. This spot would fit the bill.

Plus the coaching on offense is typically horrible.  There’s nothing enticing here for a qb

Just now, Augustiniak said:

Plus the coaching on offense is typically horrible.  There’s nothing enticing here for a qb

Lol, well we can say that for any position here. WRers will be a tough sell. Back up qbs are more likely to go where the money is. Much easier to buy a back up qb.

Lol, well we can say that for any position here. WRers will be a tough sell. Back up qbs are more likely to go where the money is. Much easier to buy a back up qb.

And im also wondering if they’re going to actually pay a decent backup.  My guess is no.  They’re going to throw that money at the OL and wr positions, and then draft a qb.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

And im also wondering if they’re going to actually pay a decent backup.  My guess is no.  They’re going to throw that money at the OL and wr positions, and then draft a qb.  

I think they finally learned their lesson. Their careers are at stake this time around. No more chances. They’ll have to do something. Rodgers going down a second time won’t be a valid excuse. That’s also why I don’t think they spend valuable capital on a rookie qb. They can’t gamble their careers on a second (if they make a trade) or third round drafted qb.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

10th pick = Stinkhole

With JD straight up saying on video in the draft room that Michael Mayer was in heavy consideration for the #15 pick last year, I think Bowers absolutely has to be near the top of the list of realistic possibilities.

Bowers is a total f*cking freakshow, mismatch-maker compared to Mayer.

If they considered Mayer Top 15 worthy then they have to consider Bowers Top 10 worthy to say the least.

Frankly, the Jets were never getting a guy like Alt or Fashanu regardless of what happened to the Pats today. That’s why I was rooting to send Belichick away in shame with his balls cut off in the most embarrassing way possible, which is exactly what happened.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

With JD straight up saying on video in the draft room that Michael Mayer was in heavy consideration for the #15 pick last year, I think Bowers absolutely has to be near the top of the list of realistic possibilities.

Bowers is a total f*cking freakshow, mismatch-maker compared to Mayer.

If they considered Mayer Top 15 worthy then they have to consider Bowers Top 10 worthy to say the least.

Frankly, the Jets were never getting a guy like Alt or Fashanu regardless of what happened to the Pats today. That’s why I was rooting to send Belichick away in shame with his balls cut off in the most embarrassing way possible, which is exactly what happened.

Douglas also thought our Wr room was fine and that the oline as solid was well.

I like Bowers a lot.  I have ZERO confidence that the guys running the offense would know how to use him.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I actually think Rodgers committing to 2+ years is bad for us landing a top tier backup like Minshew and Brissett.

It could work out in their favor if Rodgers goes down or implodes but idk if that's a big enough risk to pass on other teams

I think they finally learned their lesson. Their careers are at stake this time around. No more chances. They’ll have to do something. Rodgers going down a second time won’t be a valid excuse. That’s also why I don’t think they spend valuable capital on a rookie qb. They can’t gamble their careers on a second (if they make a trade) or third round drafted qb.

The lesson learned is that they shouldn’t pick qbs who aren’t ready to play, and based purely on physical attributes.  The guys they should be looking at are guys on day 2 who have higher floors and perhaps lower ceilings, but who have much more college tape, better mechanics and field vision and leadership.  Like the opposite of ZW.  That’s how they’re going to save their jobs, by proving they can find and groom qbs.  Not by overpaying for brissett

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, i’ve definitely seen him moving down rankings and guys like Brian Thomas coming up. I meant it more as they’d have to reach into the Tier Two category at ten if they wanted a receiver.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it and it'll probably boil down to: if WR3 or OT2 falls the pick is easy and if they don't it's Bowers, OT3, or WR4.

Presumably three QB's, two WR's, and at least one of the OT's go in the first nine picks. Likely the third WR and second tackle too. But it strikes me unlikely that Bowers also goes top nine along with those eight - all offensive players.

If Bowers and one defensive player go top nine then WR3 or OT2 will be there at ten. Potentially gets interesting. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We are going to miss out on both the top OT at 10. Nix or Bowers might be the picks unless we trade up

We were going to miss out on both OT’s at #8

The Jets are still going to be able to land one of Bowers, Nabers, Odunze, Fuaga, etc.

People acting like the sky is falling is hilarious. Especially when the majority haven’t watched a single snap of these f*cking guys and are just going by what some basic bitch scouting report is telling them on CBS Sports or PFF in December/January.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I take OT3 at 10 if that's what it comes down to.

Guys. We have 0 OTs. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

That's okay.  As long as we don't have ZW here next year, all of our problems will be solved.

16 minutes ago, derp said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about it and it'll probably boil down to: if WR3 or OT2 falls the pick is easy and if they don't it's Bowers, OT3, or WR4.

Presumably three QB's, two WR's, and at least one of the OT's go in the first nine picks. Likely the third WR and second tackle too. But it strikes me unlikely that Bowers also goes top nine along with those eight - all offensive players.

If Bowers and one defensive player go top nine then WR3 or OT2 will be there at ten. Potentially gets interesting. 

It would seem that the consensus right now would be the three QB’s (Williams, Daniels, Maye) at least three WR’s (MHJ, Nabers, Odunze), the two OLT’s (Alt, Fashanu) and Bowers are the blue chips, but obviously it’s January and so much will change. Kiper is already trying to gin up the idea of Nix as a potential riser. 

3 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

I take OT3 at 10 if that's what it comes down to.

Guys. We have 0 OTs. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Taking OT3 is how we wound up with the fat bitch with matador gloves.

Unless the Jets end up with someone like Adams, Higgins or Evans pre-draft…then we have dick for playmakers outside of Garrett and Breece.

I want a stud OT as much as the next guy, but I’m not forcing it.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

Taking OT3 is how we wound up with the fat bitch with matador gloves.

Unless the Jets end up with someone like Adams, Higgins or Evans pre-draft…then we have dick for playmakers outside of Garrett and Breece.

I want a stud OT as much as the next guy, but I’m not forcing it.

Wrong. We took OT4 and passed on OT3 (wirfs). 

And I totally disagree. I'm forcing it. OT only. This draft is talented, fauga, Latham, Mims, these guys would be tops in many drafts

• Upvote 1

The draft OL guys who seem to know what they’re talking about all love the Washington LT Fautanu, who is supposedly going to play guard. Douglas should aim for that. Rodgers can negotiate edge pressure, but would die with middle pressure

• Upvote 1