Quick Fix Offense

The blueprint for this offseason to fix this mess seems like it’s pretty obvious. Sliding down to pick 10 means they lose out on a top OT so they will need to get creative considering we need 2. I think we rely on two of Rodgers old buddies again to help us. Here’s my prediction for the offense:

QB: Rodgers Minshew

RB: Breece 

WR: GW Davante Lazard 

TE: Bowers

OL: Bakhtiari AVT Tippman Cheap FA Becton

• Thumb Down 2
  • Ugh 3
  • More Ugh 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

The blueprint for this offseason to fix this mess seems like it’s pretty obvious. Sliding down to pick 10 means they lose out on a top OT so they will need to get creative considering we need 2. I think we rely on two of Rodgers old buddies again to help us. Here’s my prediction for the offense:

Need more Oline help than 2 tackles who are always injured. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Super Bowl!!!!

5 minutes ago, Barton said:

Need more Oline help than 2 tackles who are always injured. 

Agreed - I just don’t see an avenue to get one? You think Rodgers wants to rely on the 3 rookie OT off the board or his best friend Bakhtiari? Him and Becton have developed a close relationship as well and could see him having say in returning. 

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not getting Davante Adams.

Becton stinks, he needs to be gone.

Douglas does not have the balls to draft bowers and hackett would have no clue as to how to use him.

Wasn't Mayers #2 on our board to McDonald last year?

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How are we getting Davante? Offering Randall Cobb and our 3rd?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

We are not getting Davante Adams.

Becton stinks, he needs to be gone.

Douglas does not have the balls to draft bowers and hackett would have no clue as to how to use him.

The jets will most definitely attempt to make a deal for adams. What it takes? I don’t know. I could see the jets trading town from 10, picking up a second, and attempting to trade that second and a 3rd next year to get adams. Is that enough? I don’t know, but won’t say it’s impossible. 

becton, no way I see this team bringing him back.

10 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Your OL is a joke.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Your OL is a joke.

Well unfortunately they’ve played themselves out of drafting a top guy and there’s no free agent OTs available. Tried to be realistic here how they fix this thing. What’s your solution?

26 minutes ago, jetsfan56 said:

FA/1st Rounder, AVT, Tippman, FA, Carter Warren. If Mitchell is over his blood clot problems and can work out properly then he will be serviceable backup. And as we have proven will need more backups due to injuries

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Do you think Rodgers will want the 3rd or 4th rookie OT off the board protecting his blind side or his best friend and guy who’s been his LT his whole life ?

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well unfortunately they’ve played themselves out of drafting a top guy and there’s no free agent OTs available. Tried to be realistic here how they fix this thing. What’s your solution?

Sorry, that was unnecessary. I am just tired of seeing Becton on the depth chart. I don’t believe we can’t draft a starter at OL in this draft. We just have to. I wouldn’t be adverse to drafting OL in Round 1 and 3. I would easily trade DLman for OLman. Free Agency priority, along with WR.

No way I'm moving AVT to RT, he needs to go back to LG and hopefully he'll stay healthy. Warren can probably take the RT position and then we need to draft our LT, or the less likely option is FA, no more of Rogers friends...

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Do you think Rodgers will want the 3rd or 4th rookie OT off the board protecting his blind side or his best friend and guy who’s been his LT his whole life ?

Bakhtiari is completely finished and if we sign him to start for us the season is over before it starts.

In all seriousness, I would hope everyone in the org recognizes what a mistake it was to turn the keys over to Rodgers. If they don’t and their plan to fix the o-line is sign Aaron’s completely washed up friend who has played like four games in three years they all deserve to be fired.

Also, why is “third or fourth” best OT off the board some huge knock? Kid could end up being better than the first guy.

8 minutes ago, OilfieldJet said:

Sorry, that was unnecessary. I am just tired of seeing Becton on the depth chart. I don’t believe we can’t draft a starter at OL in this draft. We just have to. I wouldn’t be adverse to drafting OL in Round 1 and 3. I would easily trade DLman for OLman. Free Agency priority, along with WR.

Well the problem with that is we have no DLinemen to trade. Huff is a free agent and there’s no way they’re trading JJ, Quinnen or Will McDonald. I know everyone is sick of Becton but Rodgers likes him and he literally might be our only option right now. He did have a good game yesterday 

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Well the problem with that is we have no DLinemen to trade. Huff is a free agent and there’s no way they’re trading JJ, Quinnen or Will McDonald. I know everyone is sick of Becton but Rodgers likes him and he literally might be our only option right now. He did have a good game yesterday 

I’d trade McDonald today. Draft Fuaga at 10. FA signing. Draft another in R3 or R4.

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Bakhtiari is completely finished and if we sign him to start for us the season is over before it starts.

In all seriousness, I would hope everyone in the org recognizes what a mistake it was to turn the keys over to Rodgers. If they don’t and their plan to fix the o-line is sign Aaron’s completely washed up friend who has played like four games in three years they all deserve to be fired.

Also, why is “third or fourth” best OT off the board some huge knock? Kid could end up being better than the first guy.

Cause these rookie OTs usually struggle right out the gate and there’s no way Rodgers is going to trust a rookie on an all in year. Look at Evan Neal or the guy Icky down in Carolina. Rodgers is not dealing with that. He’s definitely bringing in Bakhtiari.

Guys, Becton is gone. I was a Becton advocate up until about 6 weeks ago and even I'm accepting that. 

I believe they must draft at least 2 OL. 1st round definitely (stop with the crap there are only 2 guys, there at least 5). 3rd or 4th rd for a guard. 

Free agency, as it appears now, is barren. Smith and bhaktiari are probably the most talented but you'll be lucky to get 6 games out of them. Onwenu would be nice but I'm guessing he signs with pats. Brown is gonna be available but he certainly has his issues (attitude, injury). One guy that we could maybe target is jermaine eluemunor, not sure if he'll hit the market though. We're gonna have to wait and see you becomes available over next several months. 

Connor Williams is scheduled to hit free agency, he'd be another guy to target for IOL.

Bottom line, I think a 1st round foundational piece is a must and we're going to have to find a few guys to be a stop gap at the other tackle position. I don't see us fully fixing this mess in 1 off season.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Bowers, Bakhtiari and Becton are the 3 WORST possible offseason moves the Jets can make in drafting, free agency and retention.

So... book it, I guess.

11 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Bakhtiari has played a combined 12 games over the past 3 seasons and hasn't completed a full season this decade. He was 28 the last time he finished a full season and will be 33 next year.

Relying on him as our starting LT would be ridiculous and you should feel bad for suggesting it as a solution.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Bakhtiari has played a combined 12 games over the past 3 seasons and hasn't completed a full season this decade. He was 28 the last time he finished a full season and will be 33 next year.

Relying on him as our starting LT would be ridiculous and you should feel bad for suggesting it as a solution.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

lol I’m just telling you what’s going to happen. Rodgers is 100% bringing in his best friend. 

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

What’s your solution? There’s 0 offensive lineman available this year.

First off Carter Warren is a viable solution at RT. I want nothing to do with Becton next year.

This is a solid year in the draft to take an OT. You have Alt, Fashanu, Fuaga, Latham and Mims, all can be cornerstone LT for years to come.

Brown and Zeitler are solutions for their respective positions via free agency. You can look at Cushenberry at C and move Tippman to one of the guard positions.

• Upvote 1