Saleh end of season press conference (live now)

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

If the Jets had a really strong executive in charge of football operations, they’d very likely fire Saleh based solely in this press conference alone. This was every bit as bad as the infamous Idzik presser.

I have shaded more toward blaming Joe Douglas than Saleh (maybe 60/40), but the decisions to bring back Carter and Downing, seemingly without much thought at all, falls squarely on Saleh.  The guy is clueless, and the Jets are an unserious organization for letting this carry on.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Exactly. We were worse this year than last. Saleh just thinks Jet fans are stupid and gullible. When there is no accountability you can hang your hat on beating the terrible Pats and think you made strides. The guy is such a fraud. "PVO", "taking receipts", "all gas no brakes". The guy is a walking used car salesman with a record of 18-33 after 3 years and he talks like he accomplished something. 

None whatsoever.  It's sickening.  The Browns HC (Stefanski) faced a similar situation yet did a legitimately terrific job.  Same thing for Mike Tomlin.  Meanwhile, Salesman is the one talking about how his team took the next step.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

I have shaded more toward blaming Joe Douglas than Saleh (maybe 60/40), but the decisions to bring back Carter and Downing, seemingly without much thought at all, falls squarely on Saleh.  The guy is clueless, and the Jets are an unserious organization for letting this carry on.

JD chose Saleh though. 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

7 wins without rodgers.

may have been 10 with him and a playoff spot

Next year we will really know what sally and jd are all about

Can you imagine how insufferable Saleh will be if we go 9-8 next year and lose a WC game?  He'll act as if it was a momentous achievement.  Meanwhile, AR8 is likely only going to be here for 2 years.  After that, we start from square 1 at the single most important position (and the most difficult to acquire) in sports.

• Upvote 1

Wish we could read the player exit interviews.

Simple ‘the whole is LESS than the sum of its parts’ math.  The combo of Woody, JD, Saleh & Rodgers:  

-1 -1 -1 -1 = -10

Do we really think Saleh didn’t recommend staying with the following this season?

1. Carl Lawson even though the majority of this board had him as an easy $10M cut / cost savings

2. Duane Brown as the unquestioned starting LT

3. AVT as THE contingency plan for OT

4. CJ Uzomah as the ‘All Positive Vibes’ TE #2

5. Corey Davis as WR #2 even though there seemed to be indications he was thinking about retiring

Do we really think he didn’t buy into?

6. Zach as the primary backup

7. Allen Lazard as the new #2 post Davis

8. Battle between Mitchell & Turner as the starting RT

The guy is as influential and complicit in this disaster as any!! 

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

This doesn't count as "encouraging" to me.  He'd have to be the dumbest man in America to not see that we need help at WR.

I think for a team with limited assets and a short window, devoting serious capital to one pass catcher moves the needle more than one OL - where a whole lot of help is needed. So I think it's good there's some awareness there. But I also believe this regime is at a time that they're going to bring in someone on the downside of their career rather than a young player to accomplish that and it won't go well.

I genuinely believe there's very little chance that the OL gets fixed this offseason. Problems with coaching and asset allocation.

3 minutes ago, DoubleDown said:

Hoping most of the content is just media fluff.

If the Jets are truly going into next season with the attitude of "everything is fine," it's not going to end well.  At all.

This Is Fine GIF

Could happen with this cast of clowns.  Our best hope in my opinion is for JD to assume full reigns and stop listening to input from Woody, Saleh and Rodgers.

I  believe there’s hope he can be a good GM if he learns from his mistakes.  The Jets don’t need consensus decision making, they need a ******* leader.

Start with firing his pro scouting department.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Pac said:

My optimism from earlier today has been obliterated.  Need a couple days to try and wipe those images from my hippocampus. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Sweet Christ

You know its bad when you got these two agreeing. 

That second pic. Yikes. 

• Haha 4

Just now, T0mShane said:

It’d be amazing if he did his exit interview over Zoom

There will be no exit meeting with Zach. The player who single handily sabotaged the season does not have to speak with the media. I’d be surprised if Douglas meets with anyone outside of Eric Allen.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

There will be no exit meeting with Zach. The player who single handily sabotaged the season does not have to speak with the media. I’d be surprised if Douglas meets with anyone outside of Eric Allen.

Even odds that when he bailed on that game where he was “concussed,” Team Wilson pulled the ripcord on his season, whisked him out of New York, and told the Jets to figure it out. Maybe they fly him back in to clean out his apartment and give five minutes at the podium, but at this point it’s all about Steve Young rehabbing the kid’s career away from this loser org. Jets should prepare for a lot of bad headlines this spring about the way they treated poor Zach.

• Upvote 2