What Ever Happened to Manish Mehta?

14 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

image.png.c4b98af56b9eba3e6bc6269a54af91fb.png

He's clearly hit a new low, as he just started following me on Twitter. No idea why, as I have almost zero presence on there. If he had any idea of who I was, he probably wouldn't follow me, as I've spent more than a few hours trashing him on any platform I've been given a voice on (mostly WFAN). 

What ever happened to Manish? I haven't heard a peep from him since Joe Douglas and Co. neutered him for stalking his family.

he randomly followed me a month or two ago. weird dude.

• Haha 3

I forgot he was fired three years ago. According to his linkedin, he's been freelancing as a commentator. I haven't personally seen or heard him on anything. He missed the boat on starting up a podcast after he was fired and letting all the Jets fans who hated him feed it with negative attention and rageclicks.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

More importantly, WHO CARES?! Guy was a soup to nuts douche. 

yah he was.  but you kinda got to feel bad for him now.  he doesn't seem to have a job and he will probably have to change professions.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

yah he was.  but you kinda got to feel bad for him now.  he doesn't seem to have a job and he will probably have to change professions.

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But thinking about it, Manish had a lot of power and influence due to his position at the NY Daily News, and he used that power to write fictional stories targeting his "enemies". That's not something that's easy to forgive.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

The transition from gigolo to market data sales wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, so maybe Manesh could handle a change. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Yeah, I get where you're coming from. But thinking about it, Manish had a lot of power and influence due to his position at the NY Daily News, and he used that power to write fictional stories targeting his "enemies". That's not something that's easy to forgive.

he did some seemingly very bad things with the GM.  he apparently wasn't all that good with his fellow reporters.

"power and influence" seems to overstate the situation.

the guy is probably like 40 years old.   i doubt he was able to save up much $$.  he really hasn't worked in 3 years.  

my guess is much if not all of his savings are gone.   i feel like he's paid his dues and hopefully someone will hire him.

hopefully he turns out to learn from his mistakes.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Jets Things said:

The transition from gigolo to market data sales wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, so maybe Manesh could handle a change. 

ha, which pays better?

surprised he hasn't moved onto another career.  

2 hours ago, Duckman said:

image.png.f6268e51b2bf6a31fe396ebc41aa64e8.png

"Award winning"; right. 

Reminder-towering football mind Robert Wood Johnson 69 withdrew his contract offer to Doug Marrone because Mehta said that while HC of Syracuse, Marrone had been ....mean to people. A football coach, mind you, may have...yelled at people. And Johnson was  cowed by this ridiculousness. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

"Award winning"; right. 

Reminder-towering football mind Robert Wood Johnson 69 withdrew his contract offer to Doug Marrone because Mehta said that while HC of Syracuse, Marrone had been ....mean to people. A football coach, mind you, may have...yelled at people. And Johnson was  cowed by this ridiculousness. 

what's your view of Woody's son?  will he torment the fan base like his daddy?

When Mehta first started covering the Jets, he actually brought a ton of insight to the table and was a great read.  He was then hired by the NY Daily News to replace Cimini, turned to the dark side, and the rest is history.

If he had simply stuck to his original strategy and delivery, he likely would have gained a decent following and would likely still be employed in one way or another.

The guy made some terrible career decisions and was exposed as a Grade A douche.  I don't really feel bad for him at all.  He has to live with his choices.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he did some seemingly very bad things with the GM.  he apparently wasn't all that good with his fellow reporters.

the guy is probably like 40 years old.   i doubt he was able to save up much $$.  he really hasn't worked in 3 years.  

my guess is much if not all of his savings are gone.   i feel like he's paid his dues and hopefully someone will hire him.

when he showed up to Joe Douglas's kids baseball game, it was a wrap. He SHOULD switch professions.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

What ever happened to Manish? I haven't heard a peep from him since Joe Douglas and Co. neutered him for stalking his family.

Credit where it's due, that was definitely at least one major accomplishment you have to praise JD for.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

I actually think yours would be far more important information to share.

Well it was a hell of an issue, let me tell you. We got that little bastard sorted out quick though. Bumpy little guy and firm...so I named him Bumpy Johnson.

Anyway, 'Ol Bump popped up ferocious blockading tunnel traffic in and out until I grabbed the Exacto knife and and did a little spring clean, clearing out if you get my drift. I dipped him in amber and now use him a paper weight in my office. Whenever some says they're having a bad I point to 'Ol Bump and say "It could be worse. You could have that lodged up your a$$hole right now!"

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

If he hasn't worked in 3 years then that's a him problem.  After one year at the age I'd already have switched careers if there was nothing for me in the "jouurnalism" space.  As others have mentioned his integrity while working for the NYDN left much to be desired for anyone who would even consider hiring him.  

16 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

If he hasn't worked in 3 years then that's a him problem.  After one year at the age I'd already have switched careers if there was nothing for me in the "jouurnalism" space.  As others have mentioned his integrity while working for the NYDN left much to be desired for anyone who would even consider hiring him.  

my guess is that he's not really that employable - what skills does he bring to the table?

plus, will his ego allow him to just be a desk jockey when he had a big stage in a previous job?

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

When Mehta first started covering the Jets, he actually brought a ton of insight to the table and was a great read.  He was then hired by the NY Daily News to replace Cimini, turned to the dark side, and the rest is history.

If he had simply stuck to his original strategy and delivery, he likely would have gained a decent following and would likely still be employed in one way or another.

The guy made some terrible career decisions and was exposed as a Grade A douche.  I don't really feel bad for him at all.  He has to live with his choices.

Something about the NYDN. Cimini was way more inflammatory and baiting when he worked there.