** Washington vs. Michigan - Official NCAA National Championship Thread **

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Penix might have the best release, touch and placement i've seen since.... i dunno. It's a sexy mix. 

He'd be #1 overall without the injury sheet

I mean he has been clean for what two full years now? At what point does a team look at that.   These past  injures have not hampered his play at all for two full years.

• Upvote 3

I mean he has been clean for what two full years now? At what point does a team look at that.   These past  injures have not hampered his play at all for two full years.

He throws a really pretty ball, but hasn’t impressed me when facing strong pressure. Seems a little antsy in the pocket when up against the pass rush.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

He throws a really pretty ball, but hasn’t impressed me when facing strong pressure. Seems a little antsy in the pocket when up against the pass rush.

We must be watching different players. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, BloodGreen said:

I’m no expert, so certainly could be way off. He just seemed a bit jumpy to me. Missed a couple open receivers too.

No QB is perfect but he avoids the rush in the pocket with the best of them. 

• Upvote 3

MI offensive line dominating.  Like old time Corn Husker type holes.  JJ's throwing motion is a lot like ZW.  Seems to have a low release point, but his arm motion is fast and compact.  Not a long ball guy, but can probably thrive in a short and intermediate "west cost" timing/ball placement offense.  

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Other than Vick(which barely counts) have the Jets had any lefty QBs?  It feels like they would have to, but I can’t think of any.

Tebow.  But he barely counts also.

And Boomer.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Other than Vick(which barely counts) have the Jets had any lefty QBs?  It feels like they would have to, but I can’t think of any.
They had one of the top 3 left handed guys in Boomer Esiason.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dunnie said:

They had one of the top 3 left handed guys in Boer Esiason.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Man, I knew there had to be some!  How could I forget Boomer!.  That was right in the middle of the part of childhood fandom where you go from kind of paying attention to being die hard.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1