It begins: Davante Adams flirting with the Jets on Twitter

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

Bakhtiari is a no-go for me. If we sign that guy, we deserve the season-ending injury when it happens. 

Smith would be my target, but I think the market for him will be robust and I'm skeptical we'll land him

I agree.  My prediction is that they upgrade at guard, pencil avt in at tackle and then draft a tackle.  

11 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Bakhtiari is a no-go for me. If we sign that guy, we deserve the season-ending injury when it happens. 

Smith would be my target, but I think the market for him will be robust and I'm skeptical we'll land him

I think Douglas has to do away with the “shrewd negotiator” persona this offseason.

This is it

If you have to outbid everyone Big Macc style to lure a Tyron Smith here, then do it.

If you have to sweeten the deal with Vegas to pair Davante Adams with Garrett Wilson through the 2025 season, then do it.

If you then think that a Brock Bowers would add yet another dimension to the offense and can be a cornerstone piece for a decade, then draft him regardless of the stigma associated with TE’s and Top 10 picks.

This is the time to go Big Dick, not shrivel up and worry about some sh*t that might happen in 2027.

1 hour ago, DoubleDown said:

Douglas and Saleh are absolutely going all in on 2024.  As they should.  Rodgers window is shrinking.  Douglas is a lame duck on the last year of his contract and on a very warm seat.  Saleh is one failed season (perhaps even a poor start to a season) away from being fired.

This is what Woody wants.  The Jets are running it back, and they are shooting for a championship in 2024.

Trading for Adams is a strong possibility.  Raiders want to offload him, Jets will be loading up for a run, and Rodgers has a long, successful history with him.  It's probably going to happen.  Just embrace it.

And in all honesty, adding a healthy Rodgers, Adams, and a couple of high draft picks on the OLine will go a long way toward making this a functional, watchable offense.

Davante Adams just had a better season than Garrett Wilson.  The pair would give the Jets their best one two punch since Marshall and Decker in 2015.

Seriously: having a set of weapons including Breece GW Davante Bowers(?) would be ridiculous for any QB who comes in. JD would just need to work some magic to build that OLine 

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Tyron Smith/Bakhtiari on an incentive laden, short term deal and adding a guy like Jon Runyan in FA.

Hypothetically:

LT Smith

LG Tomlinson

C Tippmann

RG Runyan

RT AVT 

Draft another OT in the 3rd to develop with Warren and move Mitchell inside as a Billy Turner replacement. Draft an OG with one of the 4th’s or the 6th. I think Schweitzer still has another year left on his deal too.

I think they need to throw some stuff against the wall and maybe go with two FA LTs who can platoon and hopefully cover both sides.   Bakhtiari and Becton could could work, and hopefully each could play 8 games. 

The plan should not be AVT at RT.   The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  Let AVT play LG, move Tomlinson out, and find a RT in the draft or roll with Warren and Mitchell.  

1 hour ago, SR24 said:

Normally I'd agree but there are 5-7 WRs that are clear upgrades who are slated to be available in free agency. If Douglas can't land 1 of them we've got serious problems 

I hate to sound negative, but if we land a guy, it’s because the guy we signed put the money as his top priority. We’ll have to be the highest offer. Signing those kind of guys rarely work out.

35 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think they need to throw some stuff against the wall and maybe go with two FA LTs who can platoon and hopefully cover both sides.   Bakhtiari and Becton could could work, and hopefully each could play 8 games. 

The plan should not be AVT at RT.   The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.  Let AVT play LG, move Tomlinson out, and find a RT in the draft or roll with Warren and Mitchell.  

They probably work backwards with the idea that RT is the 1st round pick.  

46 minutes ago, varjet said:

I don’t disagree that AVT is better suited to play guard, but Saleh just said they want him to settle in to a singular position and I think that position is going to end up being RT.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the feeling I get.

Or it’s entirely possible that a guy like Fuaga is the pick at #10 and they put AVT back at RG.

Means he collected a few Benjamins for giving up his # , common practice

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
Thought he was a FA ... so it's not really his number to give up? Unless he knows he's already going to re-sign, which would be great news!

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t disagree that AVT is better suited to play guard, but Saleh just said they want him to settle in to a singular position and I think that position is going to end up being RT.

Maybe I’m wrong, but that’s the feeling I get.

Or it’s entirely possible that a guy like Fuaga is the pick at #10 and they put AVT back at RG.

If you’re JD being objective about FA and the draft, then the likely outcome is they take a RT in the first round.  The problem as always is LT b/c becton sucks, warren is a swing tackle and avt isn’t best suited there.  If they sign a LT in FA that’s great, b/c then avt can move to guard.  

I'd 100% rather have a 21 year old Rome Odunze or Brock Bowers, who will be cheap/relatively cheap for 5 years, over a 31 year old expensive Davante.  Keep your resources, draft your weapon, and put that Davante money into the OL.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yes, let's encourage Joe Dogass to trade a first for a 31 year old WR to really turn this team around. I'm sure that will work out well and not have any long term consequences.

It's the same "fans" who think Dogass and Salad know what they're doing. LOL

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I'd 100% rather have a 21 year old Rome Odunze or Brock Bowers, who will be cheap/relatively cheap for 5 years, over a 31 year old expensive Davante.  Keep your resources, draft your weapon, and put that Davante money into the OL.  

It's a no brainer. But, you know. 

You know what we're dealing with on this board. Day 2 of the off-season. Holy Mother of God. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • More Ugh 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah…okay. I’m going to let a Raider fan bother me.

You think you,  or I matter.   What a Rodgers wants he gets.     See all his Green Bay packers he brought over to the Jets.  He has woody ear, and wallet. Lol 

• More Ugh 1

41 minutes ago, long time suffering Jets f said:

It would make more sense if we sign Tee Higgins instead.

Yea but is Tee Higgins or any big name Fa Wr want to play with the jets post a Rodgers. ( could be one year or two if ever thing works out).     Tee Higgins career isn’t just two more years.   See T Hill who used theJets to get the deal he got in Miami .    

• More Ugh 1

7 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

You think you,  or I matter.   What a Rodgers wants he gets.     See all his Green Bay packers he brought over to the Jets.  He has woody ear, and wallet. Lol 

You’re confusing me with one of the idiots here who thinks signing one player or not will make a difference to this team.

I could care less whether they trade for Adams or not. Either way I’m still going to watch, and just like your Raiders, my Jets will still stink.

11 minutes ago, Ron Rico said:

It's a no brainer. But, you know. 

You know what we're dealing with on this board. Day 2 of the off-season. Holy Mother of God. 

It's crazy.  Why in the hell would we commit to another offseason of "bring in AR's friends" after he just missed the whole year due to injury?  If you want to bring in a buddy of his, go get Bakhtiari.  He'll fill a role we can't address in the draft and he should be cheap.  He's a risk but so is pretty much every UFA option at LT.  Also from what I read there is optimism that this most recent surgery will have fixed his chronic injury issues.  

...but yeah, no thanks on trading that pick, regardless of what direction we go in the draft.  Rodgers ain't gonna be here forever, and whether it's a weapon or an OT, it should end up being a part of the long term core and guy that will not only help AR but his eventual replacement as well.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

You’re confusing me with one of the idiots here who thinks signing one player or not will make a difference to this team.

I could care less whether they trade for Adams or not. Either way I’m still going to watch, and just like your Raiders, my Jets will still stink.

Surely you "care", whether or not you've already committed to watch.  I don't think anyone who doesn't care would be here right now, wasting their time on this site.  Myself included.  

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

I hate to sound negative, but if we land a guy, it’s because the guy we signed put the money as his top priority. We’ll have to be the highest offer. Signing those kind of guys rarely work out.

It's not negative if it's true! You're absolutely right. Joe D's only real play to get quality free agents is to drastically overpay someone and hope it works out. This team is so desperate for a good WR/LT/RT/OG someone is going to have to be an overpaid free agent im curious to see who it is 

Just now, Larz said:

Just last week he was talking about what it means to be a raider when he was giving a vote of confidence to AP

its not happening 

He's been the most vocal Raider in regards to Pierce staying there

3 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Signing one player or trading for one  can make all the difference.   T Hill trade hasn’t made a big difference on the Dolphins.    You either go big , or just drink a lot of alcohol to try to watch the Jets offense.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SR24 said:

He's been the most vocal Raider in regards to Pierce staying there

There is no guarantee A Pierce is going to get the job .  ( m Davis wants a big name coach ) The Raiders are going to do what in their best interest . If they want to move D Adams ( say it’s to move up for a Qb)  , there really isn’t anything he can do about it.     Michael Penix there at 13 , I can’t see them passing him up.   Penix to Tre Tucker all day long.  

4 hours ago, Green Ghost said:

Adams is guaranteed $17 mil next year and will make another $8 mil in easily obtained incentives. Yeah let’s pair him up with our 41yo QB.

Where do you see $8MM in easily obtained incentives?

Maybe I'm missing something but his max incentives seem to be $1.76MM if he plays every game and makes the probowl.

Even if he hits that $19MM it won't even rank in the top-20 once Evans, Pittman, Higgins, Ridley, and Berrios get their 2024 FA deals, and early extensions are further dished out to any among Lamb, Chase, Jefferson, Waddle, Aiyuk, and Nico.

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Garrett Wilson is wearing #5 next year, which opens up #17, which is Davante Adams’ number, and then Adams likes this tweet. It’s #happening

IMG_4830.png

Just throw the bag at Tee Higgins or draft Nabors or my personal favorite WR not named Harrison Jr.  Adonai Mitchell from Texas think he will be a stud at the next level and a perfect size and speed guy to complement Wilson.

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

There is no guarantee A Pierce is going to get the job .  ( m Davis wants a big name coach ) The Raiders are going to do what in their best interest . If they want to move D Adams ( say it’s to move up for a Qb)  , there really isn’t anything he can do about it.     Michael Penix there at 13 , I can’t see them passing him up.   Penix to Tre Tucker all day long.  

They'd be crazy to not get Pierce back there! Unless they can get Harbaugh I don't see them going away from Pierce 

8 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

D Adams has already been in contact with Antonio Brown and is getting trained on how to shoot your way out of town. It will cost the Jets nothing.

It's too late the game vs us happened already but....

Imagine he took his clothes off and did jumping jacks in the end zone also? Would've been amazing

25 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

I If you want to bring in a buddy of his, go get Bakhtiari.  He'll fill a role we can't address in the draft and he should be cheap.  He's a risk but so is pretty much every UFA option at LT.  Also from what I read there is optimism that this most recent surgery will have fixed his chronic injury issues.  

My only problem with Bakhtiari is his injury history over the last few years. He's long in the tooth. I'd hate like hell he gets signed to a contract and then get hurt and doesn't play in 2024. Becton? Even if his injuries are behind him, he kind of sucks. 

Have you guys even seen Davante Adams play? Why wouldn't you want him for a 3rd this year or next? He not only is great, but just as importantly he has chemistry with our QB. A rookie will not hit the ground running. I would rather have Tee Higgins because he's young and can grow with GW and has NFL experience. But if we get Davante - he has a couple more years of elite receiving and then we can move on from both him and Rodgers.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Surely you "care", whether or not you've already committed to watch.  I don't think anyone who doesn't care would be here right now, wasting their time on this site.  Myself included.  

I won’t admit that to a Raider fan though. 😉

• Upvote 1