18 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Don’t get it for the NFL.  Get it for all the 1970s and 80s pro wrestling footage.  Just watch the NFL as a bonus

I get it for cycling.  I watch the Tour de France and some other races on it in the spring/summer.  I will watch the NFL game this weekend.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get it for cycling.  I watch the Tour de France and some other races on it in the spring/summer.  I will watch the NFL game this weekend.

For 6 bucks or whatever it is, it’s actually one of the best streaming deals I have.  Plenty of sports content, big ten content, now getting NFL etc.  good back log of shows and movies 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Big Snell said:

Mark my words   ; In the not too distant future the Super Bowl will have a handsome fee attached to it                                ;;

Maybe, but since the Jets will probably never be in it, I will never have to pay for it...

• Upvote 1

It is no longer sufficient to pay hefty cable fees for cable tv that includes coverage of the NFL. Now the NFL wants you to dig a little deeper and pay for streaming services. It won't stop there. Other sports are watching.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

There it is. The kind of weakness that lays the foundation for these things.

Is it a kind of weakness if you already subscribe? Asking for a friend.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

Whatever. NFL Football has had cable only games for decades but most people dont have cable and stream. It is what it is. If you don't want to pay just go to a bar it will 100% be on there.

Within the next decade the SB will likely be PPV. I will grab a pitchfork with all of you for that one

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

You're already paying for this game in whatever form you pay for NBC currently. They took the game away from you and moved it to a platform you aren't currently paying for.

But don't worry, you'll make up the money in a commercial-free 4th quarter! Think of all the insight you can get from Collinsworth during those game breaks!

not worried but thanks for the calming words.

40 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yawn. Life is hard. Toughen up.

I remember back when NFL home games weren’t televised. You kids have it too easy. 😜

My daughter can’t believe that the Jets vs Raiders 1968 AFL Championship game and Jets vs Chiefs playoff game the following season were blacked out in NY and I had to listen on radio. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

😂

I’m the same. I had no idea I had Amazon until I went to sign up for it about an hour before the first Thursday night game this season. When I realizes I already had it, it felt like I won something.

I am on the same boat as you and @Lith

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Well, hopefully KC-MIA gets the worst television viewing stats in the last 20 years so this doesn't happen again.I don't know if I would watch this if even the Jets were playing. Absolutely terrible.

NFL will get its money whatever the ratings are and will negotiate for more next contract go around

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

The sad part of this is that  this is probably the best of the 6 games. Us old geezers remember the great double overtime game back in 1971:2 on Christmas Day at the old KC  Municipal Stadium that Garo won with  FG. I really think the Fins win this one.

Just now, Green Ghost said:

So, I just signed up for this thing. $5.99 for a monthly subscription and guys are complaining. 
Go to a bar to watch and spend $50 on a few beer and some sh**ty chicken wings you heathens!

Did you get Peacock Prime? 

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

The sad part of this is that  this is probably the best of the 6 games. Us old geezers remember the great double overtime game back in 1971:2 on Christmas Day at the old KC  Municipal Stadium that Garo won with  FG. I really think the Fins win this one.

417900985_751125663713356_8381885324278494918_n.thumb.jpg.5e3d853ed8c7b8e1c75ecc9c0eb93938.jpg

I think it's gonna be

2023fins.jpg.b9e07477deb20b6c5e5a76004c91a2af.jpg

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How about we call it capitalism? Don't want it, don't pay for it? I am privileged enough to be able to spare the $6.

It’s one thing to have to endure commmercial after commercial on free tv but having to pay to watch a commercial is obscene - not capitalism 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, jetsfan56 said:

NFL will get its money whatever the ratings are and will negotiate for more next contract go around emoji383.png

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Of course they will - look at the ratings. People want the NFL - blows away any other sport. Kind of mind blowing when you consider how crappy the product has become compared to 20-30+ years ago. 

• Upvote 2

My wife has us already using Peacock for whatever ungodly reason.  We’ve had more issues with them than any other streaming service by far.  Constantly kicking us out for no reason.

First world problem for sure but still a stupid and greedy decision by the league.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

My wife has us already using Peacock for whatever ungodly reason.  We’ve had more issues with them than any other streaming service by far.  Constantly kicking us out for no reason.

First world problem for sure but still a stupid and greedy decision by the league.  

I'm literally shaking right now.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

So, I just signed up for this thing. $5.99 for a monthly subscription and guys are complaining?
Pay up or go to a bar to watch. Spend $50 on a few beers and some sh**ty chicken wings instead, you mongos!

This generation never would have survived the blackout days!! LOL

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Is it a kind of weakness if you already subscribe? Asking for a friend.

No, you get a pass. I'm just talking about the people that will sign up just to watch this game. They're the same people that line up at the store dutifully every time a new iPhone is released.

• Upvote 1