~~~ Sunday Football Thread (1/21/2024) ~~~

2 minutes ago, Trotter said:

For those smarter than me

why go for 2?

im lost

Collinsworth said the analytics say to go for it because if you get it, you have a chance to win in regulation.  If you miss it, you still have another chance to tie, should you get a TD.

• Upvote 2

Just now, TuscanyTile2 said:

Collinsworth said the analytics say to go for it because if you get it, you have a chance to win in regulation.  If you miss it, you still have another chance to tie, should you get a TD.

I humbly diagree

Just now, Green Ghost said:

We don’t want Baker and Evans (I read it here)

According to the experts on this site, Baker Mayfield was the next Johnny Manziel, and we needed to stay away from Josh Allen because his college accuracy rating on a team with utter trash at the skill positions drew comparisons to Christian Hackenberg. Both are playing in the postseason this year while we're stuck in the Aaron Rodgers quagmire.

People on here love to toot their horns when they're right, but they're wrong just as much (if not more often) then the draftniks on TV and the Web.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Thanks

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Heck of a drive there by Baker.  Unbelievable the career revival he's had.  Can't stand the guy but I give him a ton of credit.

Baker and his attitude were tailor-made for the Jets.

What could have been. 😟

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

43 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

@Prodigal Syndicate tell me more about Baker Mayfield 😉

Nothings changed with him. He's a streaky QB who is fully capable of playing great games but always comes crashing back to Earth and never is able to stay consistent. There is a reason he is bouncing around the league.

He had a pretty good season overall, but Bucs would be idiots to give him big money. If they can get him for like $15-20M a year that would be fair. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Oh really?

@Jet_Engine1  @Jetsfan80 care to jump in here?

Let them jump in. I'll sh!t them both out like yesterday's sausage. 💩

At the time, almost everyone believed the Browns were taking Sam Darnold at #1. Nobody thought he would make it to #3 at the time.

So yeah, Baker Mayfield was going to be the pick if he was there.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Yup. Plus the extra point is not guranteed.

Based on the stats he said, going for both twice:

- 2 xp = 1.9 expected points

- 2 2-pt tries =  2.2 expected points

On average

8 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

According to the experts on this site, Baker Mayfield was the next Johnny Manziel, and we needed to stay away from Josh Allen because his college accuracy rating on a team with utter trash at the skill positions drew comparisons to Christian Hackenberg. Both are playing in the postseason this year while we're stuck in the Aaron Rodgers quagmire.

People on here love to toot their horns when they're right, but they're wrong just as much (if not more often) then the draftniks on TV and the Web.

Tbf, he had 4 years in Cleveland when they got rid of him.  Then Carolina picked him up and cut him.  Then the Rams signed him as an emergency QB, where he finally showed something.  This year in Tampa he revived himself.  

Btw, last year, he had the lowest QBR in the NFL

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayfBa00.htm

image.thumb.png.0618615f25d450b5dc4ff0f88696ab2d.png

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/season/2022/seasontype/2/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc

To qualify, a player must have at least 20 action plays per team's games played

image.thumb.png.62b8f1bf7cdcb2590b9b42a6327ad2cc.png

Just now, sourceworx said:

At the time, almost everyone believed the Browns were taking Sam Darnold at #1. Nobody thought he would make it to #3 at the time.

Definitely a very real possibility, but it was also widely reported that if they went 1 and 2, MM was fine going with Rosen at 3, which is good for a laugh.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sourceworx said:

My friend, you’re explaining this to the wrong guy. Trust me.

3 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

Definitely a very real possibility, but it was also widely reported that if they went 1 and 2, MM was fine going with Rosen at 3, which is good for a laugh.

This would have been epic.