We are not going anywhere, not next year or the year after...time to face facts

8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think his only friend in the league and his mentor is Kraft, so he believes he’s modeling himself after the way Kraft semi-manages the Pats, with the difference being Kraft stumbled onto Belichick and Parcells and Woody sent both of those guys running for the hills.

Haha very true....the luck of the draw. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The scenes from the Rex Ryan Hard Knocks with Woody Johnson sitting across from Tannenbaum (wearing tennis gear) while Tannenbaum was trying to hammer out Revis’ contract was pretty telling. He was also portrayed as an absolute dipsh*t in Collision Low Crossers. Woody is the textbook definition of a failson—graduates Arizona State with a Bachelor’s, is immediately cut off from working at J&J, ends up trying to start a cable company in Florida, gets bounced out of that, starts a “capital management” firm that was a front for tax evasion, gets successfully sued into oblivion by the IRS, and ends up doing nothing until his mom helped him buy the Jets. 

I have a pretty cushy comfortable life in a leafy part of nyc. One of my favorite thought experiments is, in a Trading Places type scenario, how long it would take Woody to accidentally kill himself living my shoes. I reckon it's about 3 or 4 days before he steps in front of a bus or sticks a fork in a socket.

• Haha 4

On 1/26/2024 at 5:41 PM, T0mShane said:

I would pay an untoward amount of money to watch Woody Johnson attempt to do a load of laundry or open a can of cat food by himself

So you’re saying it would be like the episode of the Simpsons when Mr burns loses Smithers for a day?  But worse?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2024 at 4:39 PM, T0mShane said:

The scenes from the Rex Ryan Hard Knocks with Woody Johnson sitting across from Tannenbaum (wearing tennis gear) while Tannenbaum was trying to hammer out Revis’ contract was pretty telling. He was also portrayed as an absolute dipsh*t in Collision Low Crossers. Woody is the textbook definition of a failson—graduates Arizona State with a Bachelor’s, is immediately cut off from working at J&J, ends up trying to start a cable company in Florida, gets bounced out of that, starts a “capital management” firm that was a front for tax evasion, gets successfully sued into oblivion by the IRS, and ends up doing nothing until his mom helped him buy the Jets. 

That’s my GM you’re talking about

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2024 at 9:58 PM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Regular season nonsense.  We won't make the playoffs, not next year or in '25 with Rodgers We're behind Cincy, JAX, Bills, Chiefs, Pittsburgh, Miami and watch NE turn it around next year the way this is going. 

Since you brought up the Bengals, how did they do without Burrows. Yes, a QB is that important. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2024 at 10:22 PM, Alka said:

We tried to make it a 1st rounder, but Rodgers got hurt.  If Rodgers didn't get injured, the Jets would have still missed the playoffs, due to our horrible offensive line, and we'd be out of a 1st rounder this year, instead of a 2nd rounder.

With Rodgers the Jets beat NE twice, we beat the Chargers, KC who we should have beaten without Rodgers and I believe we probably split Miami if not sweep them. We would have been in the playoffs until we played the Ravens or KC. I don't  think we beat KC again because of the coaching. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

With Rodgers the Jets beat NE twice, we beat the Chargers, KC who we should have beaten without Rodgers and I believe we probably split Miami if not sweep them. We would have been in the playoffs until we played the Ravens or KC. I don't  think we beat KC again because of the coaching. 

My opinion:  We beat NE twice, lose to the Chargers, beat KC, and lose to Miami twice.  That's 2 more wins, and we still don't make the playoffs. 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:39 AM, T0mShane said:

Explained to me  often lots of wealthy families set up BS businesses that really do almost nothing as a way to pay the various ne'er do wells to avoid ruinous taxation. Looks perfectly legit with balance sheets, bank statements W2s et al. But reality is they're simply slots to pay out the wealth over time. An NFL team is a great way to do that, since it never loses value and you can take $ out. Jets with TV $ alone pay for the practice facility, the overhead, front office and player salaries. Fly in the ointment is they're paying half the mortgage on a white elephant of a stadium. And even with that, the Jets and Giants appear to have had a blue bird of happiness crap on them anyway; the World Cup is leaning on making MetLife the "finals" stadium, if these morons can figure out how to have a decent grass field. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/26/2024 at 11:23 AM, Asymmetrical said:

I have a pretty cushy comfortable life in a leafy part of nyc. One of my favorite thought experiments is, in a Trading Places type scenario, how long it would take Woody to accidentally kill himself living my shoes. I reckon it's about 3 or 4 days before he steps in front of a bus or sticks a fork in a socket.

Put him on the Q train at rush hour, preferably with his garish POS jewelry. He'd be calling 911 inside of 3 minutes. 

• Upvote 1

On 1/26/2024 at 10:39 AM, T0mShane said:

Reading that book; miracle Brian Schottenheimer was ever employed by anyone ever again, much less in a football-related position. Also that Mike Pettine did not very justifiably kill him at Mile High after the Tebow game. Delivering newspapers, washing dishes or peeling potatoes are all well above his level of competence. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Reading that book; miracle Brian Schottenheimer was ever employed by anyone ever again, much less in a football-related position. Also that Mike Pettine did not very justifiably kill him at Mile High after the Tebow game. Delivering newspapers, washing dishes or peeling potatoes are all well above his level of competence. 

Remember when Schotty was “on track” to be a HC?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Explained to me  often lots of wealthy families set up BS businesses that really do almost nothing as a way to pay the various ne'er do wells to avoid ruinous taxation. Looks perfectly legit with balance sheets, bank statements W2s et al. But reality is they're simply slots to pay out the wealth over time. An NFL team is a great way to do that, since it never loses value and you can take $ out. Jets with TV $ alone pay for the practice facility, the overhead, front office and player salaries. Fly in the ointment is they're paying half the mortgage on a white elephant of a stadium. And even with that, the Jets and Giants appear to have had a blue bird of happiness crap on them anyway; the World Cup is leaning on making MetLife the "finals" stadium, if these morons can figure out how to have a decent grass field. 

World Cup final is in Dallas no?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

World Cup final is in Dallas no?

The capacity for bribery between Texas and FIFA may have in fact "swayed" the decision makers https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/fifa-world-cup/fifa-spurns-metlife-for-dallas-to-host-2026-world-cup-soccer-final-reports-say/ar-AA1nclOD. MetLife is still slated to host a mess of games, which is printing $ anyway. 

My opinion:  We beat NE twice, lose to the Chargers, beat KC, and lose to Miami twice.  That's 2 more wins, and we still don't make the playoffs. 
Now do the Atlanta game.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

48 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Now do the Atlanta game. emoji6.png

I know how this is going to sound, but is it possible that of the 7 games we won, we would have lost any of them with Rodgers as the QB?

Or, is there no way we could have possibly lost any of those games with the second coming leading the team?

To me, the fact is that the NY Jets were not a playoff team this past season.  We should face that fact.  And Rodgers is only one of the components we would have needed to change that.  Our offensive line was horrible, and Rodgers doesn't have the same ability to escape the rush as others.  We couldn't run the ball, and outside of Garrett Wilson, noone else stepped up.  

Face it, we didn't belong in the playoffs this year.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

He looks sharp like kid at the rental car desk at the airport 

"Uh, yeh, know you got a reservation. But yeah, uh, we don't have any more SUVs. How about a Honda Accord? Gotta hurry up because we're closing this desk in 15 minutes. So do you want the car or not?" 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

Shotty takes way too much guff. WAY too much.

He had a head coach who's goal was to kill our own offense every camp.

He was handed a trash QB in sanchez.

He made some dubious play calls but I always laugh when people say rex or sanchez got us to two afc title games when shotty was just as responsible.

He has stayed relevant in the league for many years after good old rex was long gone.

Great oc?  No not great but vastle better than the likes of gase and the mushroom we have at oc right now.

• Thumb Down 2

8 hours ago, Alka said:

Miami I don't  think beaten any team with a winning record. We don't  get swept by them and we would have beaten the Chargers.  We had more pass yards and more yards per play with Zach. Zach just couldn't  throw a TD pass

Miami I don't  think beaten any team with a winning record. We don't  get swept by them and we would have beaten the Chargers.  We had more pass yards and more yards per play with Zach. Zach just couldn't  throw a TD pass
And yet Zach played far better than Super Lamar against the Chiefs.

And that means what? Zach can't  carry Lamar's jock. 
Nah it's just a shout out to what could have been had a solid plan been put in place and adhered to for Zach"s development .... A plan that included a decent coordinator and QB coach.

Zach should not have played a down this year .... And yet some genius thought .. ARod is down .. let's go with Zach all year.
It doesn't matter ... Lamar is 100x the QB Zach is and that's a fact ... but its interesting that Zach played better than Lamar against the same team.

7 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Any time Zach has a semi not horrible game the Woody Justice Warriors have to talk endlessly about it for at least the next 2-3 calendar years. Like the 2021 Bucs game which was evidence we found the next Aaron Rodgers but better

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Nah it's just a shout out to what could have been had a solid plan been put in place and adhered to for Zach"s development .... A plan that included a decent coordinator and QB coach.

Zach should not have played a down this year .... And yet some genius thought .. ARod is down .. let's go with Zach all year.
It doesn't matter ... Lamar is 100x the QB Zach is and that's a fact ... but its interesting that Zach played better than Lamar against the same team.

I don't think Zach plays better even if Reid is HC and Dabol is the OC and McDaniels is QB coach. Zach can't  process fast enough. Zach misses open recievers. Zach is about the only QB I have ever seen that when the pass rush gets near him, he goes backwards all the time. The guy is hopeless and I can't  wait until he is off the team. Zach actually only played better than Lamar because KC had a bad game. If we played them now at the level that team is playing, they would wipe the floor with the Jets. Look at the WRs KC has and look at what they are doing. 

• Post of the Week 1

I don't think Zach plays better even if Reid is HC and Dabol is the OC and McDaniels is QB coach. Zach can't  process fast enough. Zach misses open recievers. Zach is about the only QB I have ever seen that when the pass rush gets near him, he goes backwards all the time. The guy is hopeless and I can't  wait until he is off the team. Zach actually only played better than Lamar because KC had a bad game. If we played them now at the level that team is playing, they would wipe the floor with the Jets. Look at the WRs KC has and look at what they are doing. 
Agree to disagree

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

And yet Zach played far better than Super Lamar against the Chiefs.

11 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Chiefs early season were quite different from Chiefs late season. They looked weaker / poorer early on but got stronger as time went by.

If we'd played them Week 15 or so, things would likely have been very different. Though interestingly, our game against them did mirror one thing from Sunday - they scored early but got nothing in the second half. We just ran out of steam trying to get the comeback after going behind early, rather like Baltimore.

• Sympathy 1

46 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Just ran into Woody on my way to work.  He basically confirmed new unis after the draft.  But since I was surprised to see him, I wasn't ready with my normal battery of complaints.

That's it??? You only thought about asking him about the uniforms?

Very sad.