Russini and Rosenblatt: 2023 Jets a dysfunctional mess; Saleh paranoid, Hackett lazy, Zach a tittybaby

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The funny thing is that Zach Wilson is the root of every problem discussed in this story—Hackett having to dumb down the offense, Saleh having to shred his credibility to 1. Defend Zach Wilson while also 2. Keeping people from complaining about Zach Wilson while also 3. Knowing that Zach Wilson is going to cost them another losing season. Woody’s involvement, the receivers grumbling, etc etc etc

If the Jets either had signed a decent backup last summer or on the day after Rodgers got hurt, this was a playoff team(again, one of 7 teams to make the AFC field, not necessarily a Super Bowl contender). Only that is not entirely clear is the facts and circumstances of the meeting between presumably Johnson, Douglas and Saleh after Rodgers' injury, and how and why Johnson balked at a real backup QB. Figure there were those 3 people and Hymie there. That's the point things went to sheet. And you have to think despite all the happytalk about Wilson all summer, logic says between the $ for another QB and his inexplicable mancrush on Wilson, he was the guy who made that decision not sign Wentz or Flacco. 

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Told you a million times already: Woody and the Wilson’s are teaming up create a new airline called JetBlow

"We can lose your luggage AND be delayed for 14 hours! Here's a $6 voucher for Starbucks!" 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

We'll have to agree to disagree on Woody.  While I am a believer he tinkers and is too hands on, and I am a believer he has poor football instincts, I am not a believer he doesn't want to spend money.  I believe JD is being coated with teflon here.  He was fine spending $8 million of Woody's money on a washed Dalvin Cook as "insurance" for Breece Hall, but spent nothing on insurance for Rodgers.   

I think there’s a difference between cap spending and cash spending here.

Woody wouldn’t invest another $1-4M in an insurance policy on Rodgers, why would he spend $4-8M on a 2nd/3rd stringer. That’d be The most expensive QB run in the league.

IMG_0586.jpeg

IMG_0583.jpeg

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Do me a favor, don't turn it down. Two reasons:

1. Because you are not over the top with anything, you have legit info.

2. Also, because I had to ban Football Guy today after his tirade.

:)

I am kidding on # 2, I did ban him but that has nothing to do with you. You have always handled things very well and so many of us appreciate your posts. I know what you do for a living, so you definitely aren't looking to make this a career. I also know that I tried to get you to blog for us and you turned me down so there is even more validation LOL!!!

Thanks man.

Thank you for the kind words Phil.

Believe me, if I ever write for anyone in any capacity, I will take you up on that offer, assuming it still stands.  As I mentioned, I love what I do, but it drains the time I have in a day so I would never want JN to be in a position where they are waiting on me for something.

Sports are simply a hobby for me.  I like it like that :).

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

58 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Woody pushed ZW the entire time?  Didn't Woody sign off on trading for AR8 last offseason?  Didn't he also say that QB was "kind of the missing piece"?

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-owner-woody-johnson-absolutely-willing-to-pay-for-veteran-qb-no-playoff-man

image.png.79d9a39ffe80acf46321028429634820.png

Even Woody knew there was no way the fanbase would accept year 3 of Zach Stinkage.  So the next best thing was to bring in Rodgers to start and mentor Zach (remember, the people who know everything were calling Zach the next Aaron Rodgers before the ‘21 draft) and quietly sneak Zach into the QB2 when he obviously wasn’t good enough to even be a backup.

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

"We can lose your luggage AND be delayed for 14 hours! Here's a $6 voucher for Starbucks!" 

$6 voucher?  That’s like luxury Dubai stuff.  One time American Airlines accidentally flew me to the wrong city and I didn’t even get a polite go f yourself 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

The story is, mostly, twisted, exaggerated, and yes, straight up fabricated:

IMG_5696.thumb.jpeg.a82371246a126324c4c6f3b7e325f9cb.jpeg

IMG_5697.thumb.jpeg.919a08392b7ea4b303a47c7c6f4542a3.jpegIMG_5698.thumb.jpeg.548bc84dae848a7a5b8cae6ead41c016.jpeg
Again - I dislike this regime.  Them getting the boot would have been fine with me.

I dislike sneaky rat reporting even more.

Taylor Embree is an interesting case.  Part of me says he was just a nepotism hire that crossed paths with these guys in San Francisco.  On the other hand, Embree's Dad is with the Dolphins, his brother is with the Chiefs.  Even if these guys are complete sh*theads, doesn't going scorched earth on them going to make it less likely for him to find work elsewhere?  As a legacy coach he should know that much.     

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

A dude on Jake Asman show who is just as clueless about the Jets  as the host.

I feel for Jake, you can tell deep down that he really dont believe his own optimism, so when he sees a negative comment or gets a negative caller he flies straight off the rails.

This team is aging him rapidly 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Even Woody knew there was no way the fanbase would accept year 3 of Zach Stinkage.  So the next best thing was to bring in Rodgers to start and mentor Zach (remember, the people who know everything we’re calling Zach the next Aaron Rodgers before the ‘21 draft) and quietly sneak Zach into the QB2 when he obviously wasn’t good enough to even be a backup.

Weren't the Jets on the hook for most of ZW's salary this year whether they kept him or cut him?  Probably it only made sense to keep him on the roster and probably there's only so much teams want to spend at 1 position.  And I wouldn't be surprised if JD didn't want to "throw ZW away" without seeing if he was salvageable.  He did take him #2 overall, after all.  

7 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Thank you for the kind words Phil.

Believe me, if I ever write for anyone in any capacity, I will take you up on that offer, assuming it still stands.  As I mentioned, I love what I do, but it drains the time I have in a day so I would never want JN to be in a position where they are waiting on me for something.

Sports are simply a hobby for me.  I like it like that :).

Ok "Forum Insider"....let's not get soft. 

jk. Go JetNation.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

I changed my tune - I feel bad for Saleh now. 

When you look at the whole thing, he's clearly not a ZW fan. Was told they won't be going after another back up QB. Had to get playing younger players "approved" before doing so. 

Then on top of that has to go up every single week and answer questions while everyone else stays behind the scenes. No wonder he's venting to any one that will listen. All the blame is coming down on him and all he can do is sit there and take it and try to win games with Wilson and Boyle. 

Saleh is def the least of the problems here. 

15 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Weren't the Jets on the hook for most of ZW's salary this year whether they kept him or cut him?  Probably it only made sense to keep him on the roster and probably there's only so much teams want to spend at 1 position.  And I wouldn't be surprised if JD didn't want to "throw ZW away" without seeing if he was salvageable.  He did take him #2 overall, after all.  

Woody still thinks Zach is Rodgers 2.0

45 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every single time he’s questioned even mildly he blows up with nuclear level and weird personal attacks.  Every time.

He once accused @JustInFudge of banging his own dog.  Dude is unhinged and you can’t fix that.  

But at least he’s a successful business owner.  

Just to clarify,  in an earlier post I stated I was in my Golden Palace on Mt. Olympus eating caviar. That was an exaggeration. 

In reality, I'm sitting on a beach, earning 20%...

alan rickman wtf GIF by Giffffr

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

She is very good at getting the inside scoop.  Just ask the wife of the former Redskins GM

im sure she is - but if i remember correctly (i am lucky if i remember to leave the house with matching shoes lately) a few of her scoops were refuted last year and evidenced to be false. That has to be taken into account 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just to clarify,  in an earlier post I stated I was in my Golden Palace on Mt. Olympus eating caviar. That was an exaggeration. 

In reality, I'm sitting on a beach, earning 20%...

Good call.  Mt Olympus is rough this time of year.

25 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every single time he’s questioned even mildly he blows up with nuclear level and weird personal attacks.  Every time.

He once accused @JustInFudge of banging his own dog.  Dude is unhinged and you can’t fix that.  

But at least he’s a successful business owner.  

I’m now 100% sure now that FBG = Jake Asman 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Trotter said:

im sure she is - but if i remember correctly (i am lucky if i remember to leave the house with matching shoes lately) a few of her scoops were refuted last year and evidenced to be false. That has to be taken into account 

Tbh is any of this remotely surprising?  We knew Hackett was a mess.  He was an inept clown in Denver and only got the job here because Rodgers likes him as his coffee guy.  Saleh knows the only reason he still has a job is he can hide behind Zach 

7 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Tbh is any of this remotely surprising?  We knew Hackett was a mess.  He was an inept clown in Denver and only got the job here because Rodgers likes him as his coffee guy.  Saleh knows the only reason he still has a job is he can hide behind Zach 

Agreed.  Saleh completely scapegoated ZW.

6 minutes ago, jetsruinedmylifeandhealth said:

I'm not a Saleh fan but he is 100% right about Wilson. He is a loser and the worst QB in football. It would be a miracle winning 8 with that bum

Years 1 and 2, ZW was a horrible QB but I saw real improvement in year 3 (I realize almost everyone disagrees). 

I think this article lends credence to the possibility that it wasn't ZW's fault this year.  Again, though, time will tell.

29 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

I changed my tune - I feel bad for Saleh now. 

When you look at the whole thing, he's clearly not a ZW fan. Was told they won't be going after another back up QB. Had to get playing younger players "approved" before doing so. 

Then on top of that has to go up every single week and answer questions while everyone else stays behind the scenes. No wonder he's venting to any one that will listen. All the blame is coming down on him and all he can do is sit there and take it and try to win games with Wilson and Boyle. 

Saleh is def the least of the problems here. 

I see Saleh as one of our biggest problems.  The guy has a complete loser mentality and is looking for any excuse he can latch onto.  Mike Tomlin and Kevin Stefanski didn't whine about their QBs.  They went out there and won games in spite of their situations.

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Bugg said:

If the Jets either had signed a decent backup last summer or on the day after Rodgers got hurt, this was a playoff team(again, one of 7 teams to make the AFC field, not necessarily a Super Bowl contender). Only that is not entirely clear is the facts and circumstances of the meeting between presumably Johnson, Douglas and Saleh after Rodgers' injury, and how and why Johnson balked at a real backup QB. Figure there were those 3 people and Hymie there. That's the point things went to sheet. And you have to think despite all the happytalk about Wilson all summer, logic says between the $ for another QB and his inexplicable mancrush on Wilson, he was the guy who made that decision not sign Wentz or Flacco. 

I get the whole have a real back up aspect of the argument when the season began, but getting one after the Rodgers injury is tougher. Hackett has had 1 decent season that wasn’t with Rodgers. His system is really only proven to work with 1 player, Aaron Rodgers. Just because we saw Flacco work out in Cleveland doesn’t mean the jets would have gotten similar production. Flacco looked cooked last year. This offense was an Aaron Rodgers offense. When this team went to go get him, this team pushed in all their chips on him. The moment Rodgers went down, there wasn’t a single player that was available that had any experience running the Aaron Rodgers offense. Throwing Zach in who had an entire offseason to learn the system vs signing a guy off the streets probably wouldn’t have made a difference. This system only works with 1 qb.

• Upvote 1

Salah is a friggin buffoon.

The guy was routinely texting Beningo and he is worried about leaks ? He was the friggin leak. Crissakes.

Well considering the fact that Hogan resigned or fired whichever way you want to look at it. He was most likely the leak for the Zach doesn't want to play blah blah blah.

Same Sh!t different day. Things never changes. Someone is always leaking info whether it is to the Athletic or Manish or whoever.

SOJ

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Taylor Embree is an interesting case.  Part of me says he was just a nepotism hire that crossed paths with these guys in San Francisco.  On the other hand, Embree's Dad is with the Dolphins, his brother is with the Chiefs.  Even if these guys are complete sh*theads, doesn't going scorched earth on them going to make it less likely for him to find work elsewhere?  As a legacy coach he should know that much.     

Part of the problem with the league is the incest-ridden population of coaches, scouts, and executives. A lot of information leaking and a lot of recycled workflows and organizational practices. 

• Upvote 1