Jets Zach Wilson evaluating trade options, unlikely to be cut. Return to Jets?

I’m not sure why Wilson is getting permission to seek his own trade destination, but it’s starting to feel like his return for year 4 is inevitable, especially if he’s allowed to pick his spot. If the Jets don’t have control here, then the likeliest landing spot is either the 2 or the 3 QB in New York.

• WTF? 4
  • Sympathy 1
  • Ugh 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

It said quite a bit. 

For you who doesn’t believe in facts.  There isn’t one fact in that tweet, nothing.  Doesn’t know if Zach has permission to find a trade.  Or if he’ll get permission.  Has no idea what they could get in return.  Or will Zach return.  Could they get Howell.  They literally said nothing, not they said a lot.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

For you who doesn’t believe in facts.  There isn’t one fact in that tweet, nothing.  Doesn’t know if Zach has permission to find a trade.  Or if he’ll get permission.  Has no idea what they could get in return.  Or will Zach return.  Could they get Howell.  They literally said nothing, not they said a lot.  

I do not have any notarized  information to share, but it still seemed worthy. I’m sorry it bothers you.

• Post of the Week 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Zero chance Wilson is back next year. The one guy who’d have any interest in making that happen has already very publicly cast him out. Not sure what the rationale behind a “Zach returns” scenario would be from any angle. 

Would it surprise you that woody casted him out for that very reason?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Woody cast him out so he could force him to be back, though? Or to save $5.5 mil? They’re going to eat more than that to dump Uzomah.

I think Woody wants him on the roster. And this getting to pick his landing spot thing is a favor, obviously. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think Woody wants him on the roster. And this getting to pick his landing spot thing is a favor, obviously. 

I think if Woody wanted him on the roster, his quote at the Super Bowl would have been more of a meandering “It wasn’t all Zach’s fault, blah blah blah.” But he explicitly said that the 2023 Jets didn’t have a backup QB. Agreed that Woody wanted him on the roster when it was going to cost him $20+ mil. I don’t think he’ll want him if it’s going to cost him and extra $5.5 plus whatever they’re going to have to give Brissett. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Why would Zach want to return as a 3rd string QB?  Without a possible return date to even #2 QB?  Why wouldn’t he want a fresh start on another team as a 2?  

Wilson is not worth a 1st, 2nd or 3rd round pick maybe a 4th maybe but his worth is going down. If the Jets can't trade him, they have two options either release him (someone will eventually pick him up) or keep him as the 3rd string backup. 

It is sad that it has come to this, two QBs in a row that were drafted in the top 5 in the draft become utter failure. Something is very wrong here? How can two QBs in the first round be failures?!! With Darnold which everyone on here were crazy about failed miserably because he made too many mistakes throwing the ball and not staying healthy all season. Wilson was the same throwing making mistakes and of course he had no offensive line to protect him or another WR to take some of the pressure off Garrett WIlson. 

IMO, I believe for any young rookie QB to survive on this team, they need to sit holding the clipboard for a year or two learning before he starts. Remember Chad Pennington he was drafted in the first round and was benched for almost four years before he took over as QB from Vinny Testaverde. I strongly believe owner Woody Johnson again meddled in the development of both these QBs, so he can sell seats. That is why I believe the Jets need to draft a QB and sit on him until he is ready. This team is looking really bad with rookie QB's, its where they come to die before their careers even starts.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would Zach want to return as a 3rd string QB?  Without a possible return date to even #2 QB?  Why wouldn’t he want a fresh start on another team as a 2?  

Because I don’t think there’s a team out there, that he’d agree to go to, where he’d be the definitive #2.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Zero chance Wilson is back next year. The one guy who’d have any interest in making that happen has already very publicly cast him out. Not sure what the rationale behind a “Zach returns” scenario would be from any angle. 

Get this guy in here as backup. Better to be safe than sorry. 

cast.jpg

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Because I don’t think there’s a team out there, that he’d agree to go to, where he’d be the definitive #2.

I’d bet there are.  
Someone will think with his tools they can teach him how to play QB.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Zero chance Zach is coming back.

Getting traded or released is a still a question - but no chance he's a Jet next year.

Pretty much.  It’s what’s best for both parties, cut that chord and don’t look back

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Maybe some team gives up a late pick idk. Regardless I want the QB position completely overhauled behind Rodgers

Rodgers

Wentz

McCarthy* - 1st rd

For the love of God Woody, it's the most important position in sports. You need a long term plan. So tired of it. 

6.1 Billion from 637 million isn’t a good long term plan?   Friend. 

-Woody J. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

That is a lot in today's day and age.  The days of Bob Woodward investigative journalism have given way to click bait speed.

• Upvote 1

I can see Woody having trouble paying him $5.5mm to play for someone else.  

Zach and the Jets should be looking for a trading partner.  All we need is someone to take meaningful salary off of our hands.   He is not worth a high draft pick. 

trade him and the 3rd to the broncos for Cortland Sutton.  We take Sutton’s cap.  Something like that can work. 

• Upvote 1