Brandon Aiyuk available for trade?

23 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Not pick 10, but trading down, and giving up a pick in the 15-20 range for him while picking up a second wouldn’t be a terrible move if we had a good free agency period. Maybe even multiple trade downs and giving up a pick in the mid 20’s. Pipe dream though and not very likely.

This situation will be dealt with prior to the draft. In my opinion it'll be very unlikely for a franchise and draft day trade. If Jets want him more likely swap their 10 for their late first instead of trading down and then trading it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd love to have Aiyuk but the WR market in free agency will probably be pretty good. I'd rather just pay one of the top guys (Evans, Ridley) and try to use the high pick in the draft to land LT. The FA tackle market blows.

This team likely won’t be able to sign the top free agents. Only real shot at getting a top tier WR will be via trade. Signing here is too risky when there are multiple options on the table. We’re one of the worst landing spots.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'd love to have Aiyuk but the WR market in free agency will probably be pretty good. I'd rather just pay one of the top guys (Evans, Ridley) and try to use the high pick in the draft to land LT. The FA tackle market blows.

What, you’re not sold on Bakhtiari and Becton being our starting tackles???

33 minutes ago, IntoTheGreen said:

This situation will be dealt with prior to the draft. In my opinion it'll be very unlikely for a franchise and draft day trade. If Jets want him more likely swap their 10 for their late first instead of trading down and then trading it. 

Bad optics for the 49ers, don’t think that would go over well to trade a talent like that and still only have 1 first round pick.

9 minutes ago, extmenace said:

This team likely won’t be able to sign the top free agents. Only real shot at getting a top tier WR will be via trade. Signing here is too risky when there are multiple options on the table. We’re one of the worst landing spots.

Aaron Rodgers is our QB and we have a top 5 defense. If WR's want to win and/or produce we're a good landing spot.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Aaron Rodgers is our QB and we have a top 5 defense. If WR's want to win and/or produce we're a good landing spot.

Rodgers hasn’t had a 300 yard game since 2021. Coming off serious injury and is 40 years old. Coaching staff and front office 1 bad season away from being blown up. Not a well respected OC coaching the offense. WRers have been complaining for years now. Throw in some of the worst tax rates in the league and this is a good landing spot? WRers want stats above all else…I literally can’t think of any positives out side of the name Aaron Rodgers.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, extmenace said:

Rodgers hasn’t had a 300 yard game since 2021. Coming off serious injury and is 40 years old. Coaching staff and front office 1 bad season away from being blown up. Not a well respected OC coaching the offense. WRers have been complaining for years now. Throw in some of the worst tax rates in the league and this is a good landing spot? WRers want stats above all else…I literally can’t think of any positives out side of the name Aaron Rodgers.

The WR's have been complaining because Zach Wilson was their QB. What does that have to do w/playing w/Rodgers? NFL WR's will have a much different perspective about playing w/Aaron Rodgers than jaded Jets fans. Rodgers is an architect of the offense Hackett ran with him in back to back MVP seasons while throwing to Davante Adams who put up huge numbers in the process and earned a monster contract.

I'll give you the CS and FO being lame duck is a negative. 

• Sympathy 2

2 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Well? You giving up #10 for this guy or what Jetnation?

Would him and G Wilson be too similar? Not that that would be a bad thing.

Trade down to the end of the 1st with the 49ers (pick swap).  See if that works.  Should still be several good OT options at #31.  If necessary maybe use a late pick or a 2025 mid-rounder to move up a few spots into the late 20's if an OT that you absolutely want is there.

This would be the ideal type scenario for me, but it still doesn't negate the fact of needing an OT and a WR in free agency.

16 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Most likely what we're going to end up with. Becton at RT on the cheap and Bakhtiari at LT on the cheap + rookie OT.

Yup.

And when Becton and Bakhtiari are both injured - and the Rookie isn't ready.  Rodgers then gets hurt because he's 41 and playing behind a makeshift OL...

And all we'll be hearing is how great JD is - he just got unlucky.

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Yup.

And when Becton and Bakhtiari are both injured - and the Rookie isn't ready.  Rodgers then gets hurt because he's 41 and playing behind a makeshift OL...

And all we'll all be hearing how great JD - he just got unlucky.

hawkeye-jeremy-renner.gif

23 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Most likely what we're going to end up with. Becton at RT on the cheap and Bakhtiari at LT on the cheap + rookie OT.

This would be great with Carter Warren T4 and Mitchell T5.  

Not really great, but as good as we can hope for.  

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

This would be great with Carter Warren T4 and Mitchell T5.  

Not really great, but as good as we can hope for.  

Given his lack of athleticism and lateral movement I think we should beef up Mitchell and keep 'ol boy at Guard.

7 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Absolutely cannot see us trading a 1st for him. I can see the Bills, Jaguars, or Ravens making a play here though.

Those are the types of teams that trade for Aiyuk.  They have a low 1st round pick.   They can hope he agrees to a longer deal.