Saleh not expected to attend scouting combine ***UPDATE- may be attending now****

8 hours ago, MykePM said:

While those guys were shooting the sh*t over a few brewskis, Saleh was back home approving the release of Laken Tomlinson.  So I ask you: who was doing more to improve their team?

Saleh has been off for close to two months now. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

In Soviet Russia, manager is Doctor, Coach is scout, Scout is manager!

Sounds like the Italians when I dislocated my finger in practice.  I waved it up and said "Dottore!"  I think they all pointed at each other.  I said shut the **** up and pull this thing back in!

*Fun fact:  Don't pull your own finger back in.  You tend to do it in an arc and it will heal all screwy.  Have someone else do it and pull it straight.  DAMHIK.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Lets walk this dog 

Saleh goes to indy studies all the prospects and comes up with a list of players he likes from scratch 

Joe Douglas is not going to listen. 

He didn't listen when Saleh didn't want Zach. That's gotta be frustrating to put all this work into the offseason and have Joey pretzel just draft whoever he wants 

This board is chronically under employed but one thing you don't do is tell the boss how to do their job. 

Shoot I'd be golfing too 

Remember when Mac drafted Quinnen at 3 when the Jets had nothing in Offense,  so Gase just got up and left?? 😆 

Power move.

• Upvote 2

none of this matters bc the entire season, and the whole douglas/saleh regime, is based on rodgers staying healthy.  And i don’t see them securing a quality backup qb either.  They can draft a great LT, they can sign a quality wr, and they can still go 6-11 if rodgers plays 4 games.  This is the reality of the nfl, we know it’s completely qb dependent and the jets barely have 1 qb right now  

15 hours ago, bitonti said:

There are some people who can do both but they are about as rare as JD/MD doubles 

Pointing at Andy Reid like Saleh can do that too if he just tries harder? 

its more like a car mechanic checking out some marine engines. or an american plumber learning how its done in europe. they are very related.

Lets face it, not only are you the face of mental illness, you really really made the worst analogy of all time. its ok tho

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Remember when Mac drafted Quinnen at 3 when the Jets had nothing in Offense,  so Gase just got up and left?? 😆 

Power move.

I read that Gase wanted to trade down, more than anything else. I read he was pissed that Mac rejected offers to trade down. 

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I read that Gase wanted to trade down, more than anything else. I read he was pissed that Mac rejected offers to trade down. 

I just looked at that draft.  It was a terrible draft, although arguably, as of today, Josh Allen (Jax) was the pick there.  That was not the case a few years ago.   

Quinnen and Allen were the best top 10 picks in that draft.  

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

Lets walk this dog 

Saleh goes to indy studies all the prospects and comes up with a list of players he likes from scratch 

He didn't listen when Saleh didn't want Zach. That's gotta be frustrating to put all this work into the offseason and have Joey pretzel just draft whoever he wants 

This board is chronically under employed but one thing you don't do is tell the boss how to do their job. 

Shoot I'd be golfing too 

Douglas: Hey Robert, we’re gonna take a tackle at ten and I’ve been having a rough time finding one that likes to play football. I know Becton publicly humiliated you for three straight years and you had to beg him to come into camp every summer and when he did he was sweating butter, so maybe you can come check these guys out with me? 

Saleh: Dude. 

Douglas: What? 

Saleh: Dude, the Honda Classic is this week. Can you just text me the Cliff Notes? 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh strikes me as the guy who on day 1 tells everyone he has an open door policy then after a month on the job has his door closed for the duration of the day.

Definitely a “Bro, what do you want me to do? I’m just a guy” kinda manager. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Promises anything face to face and then has lackeys do his dirty work

He doesn’t have lackeys, per se. He hires his buddies and he’s legitimately surprised when someone appeals to him as the leader of the frat house.

• Upvote 1

Jets are on the clock. 1JD cameras rolling. 

JD: Jon, who do you have as your top 3 still available? 

Jon: Dallas Turner, JC Latham , Laiatu Latu

door flies open 

Saleh : sorry boss, it’s weird my key stopped working this morning but did I tell you that at the combine that Byron Murphy told me that he loved football so much that he would play in a parking lot on broken glass? 

JD: can’t have too much edge, Turner it is 

26 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He doesn’t have lackeys, per se. He hires his buddies and he’s legitimately surprised when someone appeals to him as the leader of the frat house.

This was in the pauline article i thought.  That saleh promises things to players and then has his position coaches tell them the truth.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Douglas: Hey Robert, we’re gonna take a tackle at ten and I’ve been having a rough time finding one that likes to play football. I know Becton publicly humiliated you for three straight years and you had to beg him to come into camp every summer and when he did he was sweating butter, so maybe you can come check these guys out with me? 

the most unrealistic part of this is when Joe Douglas admits he made a mistake

he's an alpha wolf Bro Joegan type of dude he doesn't admit he made a mistake with Becton or needs help from Saleh 

Joe Douglas has one job to do run the draft he shouldn't want Saleh's help to do it. And he doesn't want it anyway 

How do we know Saleh wasn't team Wirfs in the Becton discussion? 

like Joe Douglas even cares what Saleh thinks? If that were the case they would have kept Darnold and drafted Chase or Sewell 

Saleh doesn't influence the draft. 

i know you guys want to blame Saleh for everything wrong with the team but these losses happen in March when Joe Douglas beefs FA and April When joe douglas screws the draft* (except for that one year when he had 3 first round picks and a high second) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Lets face it, not only are you the face of mental illness, you really really made the worst analogy of all time. its ok tho

I am pretty enough to be the face of mental illness

you're more like the armpit of mental illness or the crotch 

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, bitonti said:

the most unrealistic part of this is when Joe Douglas admits he made a mistake

he's an alpha wolf Bro Joegan type of dude he doesn't admit he made a mistake with Becton or needs help from Saleh 

Joe Douglas has one job to do run the draft he shouldn't want Saleh's help to do it. And he doesn't want it anyway 

How do we know Saleh wasn't team Wirfs in the Becton discussion? 

like Joe Douglas even cares what Saleh thinks? If that were the case they would have kept Darnold and drafted Chase or Sewell 

Saleh doesn't influence the draft. 

i know you guys want to blame Saleh for everything wrong with the team but these losses happen in March when Joe Douglas beefs FA and April When joe douglas screws the draft* (except for that one year when he had 3 first round picks and a high second) 

Everything you wrote is pure speculation 

none of us know what goes in there

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Saleh strikes me as the guy who on day 1 tells everyone he has an open door policy then after a month on the job has his door closed for the duration of the day.

He's Major Major! 

4 hours ago, HighPitch said:

its more like a car mechanic checking out some marine engines. or an american plumber learning how its done in europe. they are very related.

"The face of mental illness..."

Nice. 😆 

Leave Matt alone. He deals with his Jets related PTSD in his own way.

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Saleh: Dude. 

Douglas: What? 

Saleh: Dude, the Honda Classic is this week. Can you just text me the Cliff Notes? 

LMAO!

7 hours ago, bitonti said:

Lets walk this dog 

Shoot I'd be golfing too 

Did you come up with this expression?  I love it!

• Haha 2

There's somewhat of a heat wave going on in the USA right now.  I see it jokingly being referred to as "The Dog Days of February".   It would be a real shame if Saleh is unable to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather and get in a solid 36-45 holes a day.