NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

13 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“Robert’s back at the facility watching tape”

”we need to build in the trenches”

”due diligence”

“Ozzie told me to always answer the phone if it rings”

This interview will be filled with the most useless clichés  

8 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

JN: The Jets should be scouting QBs and should take one with their 1st round pick. Aaron Rodgers is washed up and coming off a major injury. 

Jets: Meeting with Caleb Williams. 

JN: 

Angry Tyra Banks GIF

Only b/c we know they’re not taking him.  If they were meeting with mccarthy, nix and pratt it would make more sense

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

“Robert’s back at the facility watching tape”

”we need to build in the trenches”

”due diligence”

“Ozzie told me to always answer the phone if it rings”

You forgot his #1 sound bite:

"We are excited about....."

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

RELAX - it's 15 minutes. They're not clearing their entire afternoon for the kid. Goodness.

What else could they have done for that 15 minutes though? They could have pulled up the top 15 tackles and crunched film a minute each. Round robin style even to maximize time. Every minute counts. Forget about the travel time walking to the room... But of course our GM Aaron Rodgers has no idea what he's doing and our coach is at home using his headblade before he takes off for the golf course. ****

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

What else could they have done for that 15 minutes though? They could have pulled up the top 15 tackles and crunched film a minute each. Round robin style even to maximize time. Every minute counts. Forget about the travel time walking to the room... But of course our GM Aaron Rodgers has no idea what he's doing and our coach is at home using his headblade before he takes off for the golf course. ****

Yes, the meeting is pointless for the jets.  

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Only b/c we know they’re not taking him.  If they were meeting with mccarthy, nix and pratt it would make more sense

Or even Drake Maye.  I was thinking the exact same thing.

If Woody/JD was thinking about the long-term of this franchise, they would realize that this AR8 plan will not work because the OL is not TODAY where it should be.  There is NO WAY it gets better in one off season. 

So they should be trading down a bit, taking Nix or JJ McCarthy in round 1, finding a bunch of OL to develop and not get AR8 killed, cut AR8 post June 1 2025 and then draft/sign a bunch of WRs.  

In 2025 we find playmakers and have a new QB, and the Jets actually are decent 2026+.  With the plan now, after the 2024 flameout we are back to the depths.  

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We’re leaving no stone unturned 

We know last year wasn't good enough,

We have to be better

Injuries...we are looking at everything in our process to reduce injuries 

Woody's been great.....very supportive of everything we need 

Were open to moving up, moving down or staying where we are 

On not having a 2nd round pick......... its not often you have the opportunity to get a HOF QB like Aaron and blah blah blah

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Yes, the meeting is pointless for the jets.  

Is it really though? Or that far-fetched to think the Jets may make a move for a QB if they fall in love with one?

If you are Joe Douglas and want a plan to sell past the next 2 seasons with Rodgers, why not make that move and try to strategically move the goalposts? I'm not saying it is likely, but it's not an impossible thought. Anything is possible this offseason

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Is it really though? Or that far-fetched to think the Jets may make a move for a QB if they fall in love with one?

If you are Joe Douglas and want a plan to sell past the next 2 seasons with Rodgers, why not make that move and try to strategically move the goalposts? I'm not saying it is likely, but it's not an impossible thought. Anything is possible this offseason

If I’m douglas, i know i have this one season to show i can throw a competent offense on the field.  That more than anything will probably determine whether i stay as gm of the nyj or not.  So given this reality, which the owner essentially has said already, and given they’re all in on AAron, the main focus this offseason will likely be fixing (yet again) the OL and adding a competent wr.  I don’t see a qb in round 1.  

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

It’s actually insufferable.

”Aaron Rodgers is 40 years old coming off an Achilles tear, the Jets need to keep the future in mind”

*Jets schedule a meeting with the best QB prospect in the entire class to do their due diligence*

“Why are the Jets wasting their precious time?”

Unless jd and woody are planning something really special, we’re going OL in round 1 and calling it a day.