NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

32 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Securing a great spot in the draft and Franchise changing trade downs are just somethings that the Jets don’t do when it’s completely obvious. It happens all the time in lost seasons. I’m numb to it and have zero respect for the so called “experts” that can’t figure this out. 

Yeah it's a real shame that the experts in our front office haven't figured out how to push the Lose Football Game button from their seats in the Football Game Controls Cockpit.  Since that's definitely how it works and has nothing to do with 53 competitive athletes playing a game on the field.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Interesting but will be picked in the exact 2nd Rd where the Jets don't have a pick

do they move Tippmann in this scenario? I wouldn't be against it, he was better at guard than center 

People need to quit this imo.

We drafted Tippman to be our excellent long term center, now everyone and their dog want to move him to guard, screw that, keep him at center and draft an actual guard.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah it's a real shame that the experts in our front office haven't figured out how to push the Lose Football Game button from their seats in the Football Game Controls Cockpit.  Since that's definitely how it works and has nothing to do with 53 competitive athletes playing a game on the field.

They didn’t even have to do that after screwing up the #1 pick in 2021 and could have still traded down. They could absolutely have lost a few meaningless games in 23. Don’t be so naive.

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

People need to quit this imo.

We drafted Tippman to be our excellent long term center, now everyone and their dog want to move him to guard, screw that, keep him at center and draft an actual guard.

In general I agree they have bigger holes to fill... But whatever role they drafted him for he did play better at guard tho 

They didn’t even have to do that after screwing up the #1 pick in 2021 and could have still traded down. They could absolutely have lost a few meaningless games in 23. Don’t be so naive.
They should have resigned Boyle!
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

In general I agree they have bigger holes to fill... But whatever role they drafted him for he did play better at guard tho 

limited time and center is harder than guard.  If you draft a center 2nd round and move him to guard the next year you have screwed up imo.

14 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

limited time and center is harder than guard.  If you draft a center 2nd round and move him to guard the next year you have screwed up imo.

This is good in theory, but we screwed up so many times that the screw up wouldn't be in moving Tippman.  It was drafting Becton, signing Tomlinson, etc.  I much prefer Tippman at C and getting a G.  I think G is easier to find and I don't think they will want to start a rookie C.  In fact, if they move Tippman I think it will be to use a vet C, like bringing McGovern back or even Schweitzer.  I think that is why they  brought McGovern back in 2023.  Still, this would just be trying to make the best of what we have.  The fact they screwed up is already done, proven and buried IMO.

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Agree he was better at guard and while Tippman played pretty well at Center, he did have some issues with snap accuracy.  Another factor is that free agent centers will be less expensive than guards.

26 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. I wonder what he thinks that white circle shape in the sky, that shows up every day. is.

LOL

But let's be real -- if he's a good football player (I have no idea if he is or not), who cares.

Could be a "buy low" opportunity 🤣

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Who Cares Tommy Lee Jones GIF

I stand by the belief Bowers would be the wrong pick at #10.

With 3/5 of the OL missing and AVT attempting to return from an Achilles rip, Bowers would have to be better than Tony Gonzalez to even be in the conversation there in my mind.

On top of the bust factor (Kyle Pitts, Eric Ebron LOL), positional value has to be a key consideration when you're picking that high.

TE salaries remain on the lower end of the spectrum, meaning the replacement cost is lower, which is a big reason why Macc burning a #6 overall pick on a box safety was absolutely ridiculous.

Day 2 and 3 are prime territory for drafting a legit TE. 

It is among the hardest positions to transition to from college to the NFL.

Bowers is more likely to tear up his knee in year 1 (bro apparently doesn't believe in wearing knee pads) than he is have some kind of HOF career folks seem to think he is destined for.

I'm not saying he won't be a good player.  But it doesn't make sense at #10.

I'd rather draft Alt or Fashanu (if they fall) or trade back to recoup (at least) a 2nd rounder.                                                                

• Sympathy 1

200.gif?cid=d9212ad9x1q0fch1tu9m5ttpz27hyhle31zoblmz21jvbrn6&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
I stand by the belief Bowers would be the wrong pick at #10.
With 3/5 of the OL missing and AVT attempting to return from an Achilles rip, Bowers would have to be better than Tony Gonzalez to even be in the conversation there in my mind.
On top of the bust factor (Kyle Pitts, Eric Ebron LOL), positional value has to be a key consideration when you're picking that high.
TE salaries remain on the lower end of the spectrum, meaning the replacement cost is lower, which is a big reason why Macc burning a #6 overall pick on a box safety was absolutely ridiculous.
Day 2 and 3 are prime territory for drafting a legit TE. 
It is among the hardest positions to transition to from college to the NFL.
Bowers is more likely to tear up his knee in year 1 (bro apparently doesn't believe in wearing knee pads) than he is have some kind of HOF career folks seem to think he is destined for.
I'm not saying he won't be a good player.  But it doesn't make sense at #10.
I'd rather draft Alt or Fashanu (if they fall) or trade back to recoup (at least) a 2nd rounder.                                                                
Have no fear. The Jets will draft a future journeyman OT and Bowers will go on to be the next Kelce. But we'll get that solid lineman! Super Bowl here we come!
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2