NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Prior to this I saw 6'4" 240 lbs so this checks out. A little smaller than Kittle.

I don't know any more about him than I've read on JN, but he may play a bit bigger than 6'3 1/8" because he's not all neck and/or forehead. His neck-down might be the same height as another TE who comes in at almost or about 6'5"

Brock-Bowers-TE-Georgia.png

Compare to a TE like RuckertRuckJe00_2023.jpg.

He's no giraffe like MillsMillDa02_2023.jpg or GlennonGlenMi00_2021.jpg, but he might have a 1.5" or longer neck than Bowers, and a bit more in the forehead, too. So he's taller, but his shoulders aren't any higher; they might even be lower even though he's listed at almost 2" taller.

So his eyes might be a hair higher, which would help with visibility in tight coverage, but otherwise it's just on paper height. He's not regularly asked to catch the ball with his head like David Tyree.

image.png

59 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Bowers is gonna run a 4.65 at 243 lbs and every draft weirdo in the world is gonna say “wow I have to go back and look at the tape because uh.”

“Just have to trust the tape on him.”

Is he running? I kind of wondered if he’d showed up heavy and then planned to cut and run at the pro day.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, derp said:

“Just have to trust the tape on him.”

Is he running? I kind of wondered if he’d showed up heavy and then planned to cut and run at the pro day.

I was unaware but, yes, it looks like he’s ducking the testing. 
https://www.heraldandnews.com/sports/professional/nfl/georgia-te-brock-bowers-could-delay-40-workout-to-pro-day/article_ebd3503e-82f8-5252-9e9c-1c409a0f387f.html

On 2/29/2024 at 3:45 PM, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah it's a real shame that the experts in our front office haven't figured out how to push the Lose Football Game button from their seats in the Football Game Controls Cockpit.  Since that's definitely how it works and has nothing to do with 53 competitive athletes playing a game on the field.

Unfortunately,  the "lose games" mode is what the Jets have been stuck in for a decade+. 

They need to pull the power cord, count to 20 and hope for a full reset.

1 hour ago, neckdemon said:

you want us to draft someone stupid enough to believe that the earth is flat? lol

We have an owner who is rich but not the brightest

a gm who looks like curly from the 3 stooges

a hc who is best to be a motivational speaker or life coach

so yeah - why not?

5 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Bowers is gonna run a 4.65 at 243 lbs and every draft weirdo in the world is gonna say “wow I have to go back and look at the tape because uh.”

The saddest part is anything sub 4.8 is absolutely blazing in real life. Ppl don't understand how fast that is 

On 2/29/2024 at 3:45 PM, nj meadowlands said:

Yeah it's a real shame that the experts in our front office haven't figured out how to push the Lose Football Game button from their seats in the Football Game Controls Cockpit.  Since that's definitely how it works and has nothing to do with 53 competitive athletes playing a game on the field.

Other franchises have figured it out, because it doesn’t tend to matter how “competitive” your players are if you’re benching the best veteran ones.  

16 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't know any more about him than I've read on JN, but he may play a bit bigger than 6'3 1/8" because he's not all neck and/or forehead. His neck-down might be the same height as another TE who comes in at almost or about 6'5"

Brock-Bowers-TE-Georgia.png

Compare to a TE like RuckertRuckJe00_2023.jpg.

He's no giraffe like MillsMillDa02_2023.jpg or GlennonGlenMi00_2021.jpg, but he might have a 1.5" or longer neck than Bowers, and a bit more in the forehead, too. So he's taller, but his shoulders aren't any higher; they might even be lower even though he's listed at almost 2" taller.

So his eyes might be a hair higher, which would help with visibility in tight coverage, but otherwise it's just on paper height. He's not regularly asked to catch the ball with his head like David Tyree.

image.png

14 hours ago, Paradis said:

did anyone hear that just now -- about the Jets? Jeremiah saying this trip was paid holiday one for one side of the ball?

Yeah, but which side? 

btw, i too am high on Bell and Jayden Daniels. Not as sold on tez walker though and i’m higher on nabers than you are apparently. 

35 minutes ago, Larz said:

So Marvin Harrison Jr blew off his combine interviews.  

Bust 

After this knucklehead's comments...... what agent would let their top-4 pick potentially screw everything up!?

10 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

After this knucklehead's comments...... what agent would let their top-4 pick potentially screw everything up!?

You don’t need to have a basic understanding of astronomy to tackle Running Backs. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don’t need to have a basic understanding of astronomy to tackle Running Backs. 

Yeah but, how are you going to teach a guy zone concepts and how to play in space if he doesn’t believe it exists?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Huh. Cimini’s tidbits today: The vibes are bad, they’re not replacing Alexander or Hogan, there’s gonna be a huge dead cap charge by the time they’re done cutting all the dead weight, and a former exec is blind-quoted as saying that Woody would have fired everyone were it not for being trapped by the Rodgers deal. Most interesting quote, though? 

7. Heeere's Robert: After initially planning to skip the combine for the third straight year, Saleh called an audible and was scheduled to arrive over the weekend. He's not there to evaluate prospects; he has a couple of meetings lined up. "A couple of interesting situations could present themselves," Douglas said cryptically.

• Haha 2