NFL Combine NEWS + Reports (JD Press conference)

21 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Right, but the issue here is that none of that would have been Joe D's call. JD and Saleh are almost definitely tied at the hip at this point -When Saleh gets fired, JD is going with him.  Hence, I don't see why it's on Douglas. 

You would have needed Woody to implement a proper tank. 

Exxxxxxxactly.  We've never tanked properly under Woody.  Never fired a HC midseason.  But it would be nice if our GM could grow some balls and tell Woody what needs to happen. 

"Don't like it?  Fire me.  I'll be paid NOT to work.  I'm supposed to be running this franchise.  You write the checks."  Maybe a little more diplomatic than that, but something of that nature.

Would be nice to not have a spineless GM.  But that's all we end up with under Woody by design.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

That’s not what he said. That’s just fn Nania predicting what he’ll say. 

Thanks for pointing that out -- did not realize it was just Nania speculation or I would not have posted it.  Cutting and pasting while I am trying to get work done.

Although it is kind of fun to see the reaction here.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What if the Jets don’t like the trade? Or if he doesn’t find one? Very bizarre. They’re leaving the window open for him to be back. 

It allows Zach's agent to reach out to other teams and discuss trade opportunities without worrying about possible tampering charges.  Pretty standard stuff.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Could be Caleb, could be any of the QBs. This is just the first one that they are scheduled to meet. They could fall in love with Drake Maye - who the hell knows. All that is confirmed now is that there is a level of interest in first round QBs

I mean hey I'm in love with Sydney Sweeney but I also know I've got no shot.

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the 2040 salt lake expansion franchise offers a 7th round pick do the jets have to agree? How does Wilson have this type of leverage?

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What if the Jets don’t like the trade? Or if he doesn’t find one? Very bizarre. They’re leaving the window open for him to be back. 

Why are you pretending that you've never heard this language before?? GMs routinely give players and their agents "permission to seek a trade." I've probably heard that phrase 100 times since I've been watching sports. 

The only thing that is sort of "bizarre" is you obsessively pushing the notion that the Jets don't want to move on from Zach Wilson. 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No but the other 31 teams have a "don't trade for that loser Zach Wilson under any circumstances" clause.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

No, but the rest of the league has a No Trade for Zach clause

Just now, JetPotato said:

Bastard!

Ninja Spy GIF by Walk Off The Earth

Sad Oh No GIF by Alice Socal

Sad Cry GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exxxxxxxactly.  We've never tanked properly under Woody.  Never fired a HC midseason.  But it would be nice if our GM could grow some balls and tell Woody what needs to happen. 

"Don't like it?  Fire me.  I'll be paid NOT to work.  I'm supposed to be running this franchise.  You write the checks."  Maybe a little more diplomatic than that, but something of that nature.

Would be nice to not have a spineless GM.  But that's all we end up with under Woody by design.

You're a bigger tank guy than I am, but I honestly am not that worried about it. My guess is that most people in these organizations have a natural aversion to losing on purpose, even if it would benefit some of them in the long run. 

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Why are you pretending that you've never heard this language before?? GMs routinely give players and their agents "permission to seek a trade." I've probably heard that phrase 100 times since I've been watching sports. 

The only thing that is sort of "bizarre" is you obsessively pushing the notion that the Jets don't want to move on from Zach Wilson. 

Agreed.  He's as a good as gone.  Pretty much written in stone.  That bridge has been burned.

If they can't find a trade partner, he'll be released.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol. Jets GM - “We’re looking at trading Zach Wilson”

@Matt39 - Sounds like he’ll be back!

I respect your consistency. 

It's comical at this point. 

I'm looking forward to the day Wilson is cut or traded and the eventual spin regarding how the JetBlue connection couldn't save Zach's career here. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, derp said:

Will be interesting to look back at this one in a couple years.

I think they made that decision the moment they took Will Mcdonald. I know one could argue that was to move on from Lawson, but I think the prevailing thought was 1. they were contenders last year and wanted to be dominant with a lead 2. they want a stable of pass rushers who are fresh 3. Like RB, they take one more or less every year so they don't give big second contracts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mogglez said:

If Maye, Penix, McCarthy, or someone intriguing falls to the 2nd or 3rd?  We’re cooking with something there.

More likely?  4th-5th round.  I firmly have my eyes planted there.  Keep an eye on Jordan Travis, Bo Nix (if he drops, I think he will DROP) and Michael Pratt.  I’d like to see Spencer Rattler on this list too (2 years ago I would laugh at myself for saying that), but I don’t see that 

IMO, all 3 should be there in the 2nd and 3rd... Re: Maye i say that because most QBs either go in the top 10, maybe 15  or not till the 2nd. Like either you're worth or you're not. I'm on the fence with Drake on whether he is more than just another Trubisky/Pickett. 

But anyway Penix and McCarthy really should be day 2 names, and guys like Travis and Pratt in Day 3 is where we ought to find a high ceiling name to develop. 

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

If the 2040 salt lake expansion franchise offers a 7th round pick do the jets have to agree? How does Wilson have this type of leverage?

Are you serious?  
Did you start following sports today?