Possible Suitor for Wilson

22 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Has nothing to do with being injured. McDonald has been there all offseason. JJ too.

You do realize this isn’t practice.  That you can’t come in and practice.  You can’t practice.  You can’t be coached.  You can workout, get treatments etc.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

This thread has 13 pages, but not much to do with the actual title.  Cimini finds this situation "fascinating?"  I guess people used to rent Faces of Death.

Guilty 😅

• Upvote 1

I'm all honesty ... I never thought it would have guessed it would have gotten to this point ...

... Hope they can deal him and he finds a place to compete. It's not good for the team to keep him around ... Unless they are planning to give him some preseason snaps to showcase and trade ...and if no takers cut him before week 1. ???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I'm all honesty ... I never thought it would have guessed it would have gotten to this point ...

... Hope they can deal him and he finds a place to compete. It's not good for the team to keep him around ... Unless they are planning to give him some preseason snaps to showcase and trade ...and if no takers cut him before week 1. ???

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Yes.  Weren't a bunch of us saying that it was going to get to this point?  

25 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

... Unless they are planning to give him some preseason snaps to showcase and trade

How can you showcase Zach at this point?  Even if he played "lights out" in 1 or 2 preseason games, what GM is going to get snookered into believing that Zach is anything different than what we saw for the last 3 years?

I do think that Zach can attain some growth, and be a better QB with some other team, with the right coaching and better personnel surrounding him, but that isn't happening on the NY Jets.

48 minutes ago, Alka said:

How can you showcase Zach at this point?  Even if he played "lights out" in 1 or 2 preseason games, what GM is going to get snookered into believing that Zach is anything different than what we saw for the last 3 years?

I do think that Zach can attain some growth, and be a better QB with some other team, with the right coaching and better personnel surrounding him, but that isn't happening on the NY Jets.

The Jets philosophy to date has been to hide him in preseason. Another reason I think his spot has been unearned. If they had really been trying to develop him he would have gotten every preseason snap last year. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets philosophy to date has been to hide him in preseason.

Wasn't he injured in both his first two preseasons?  Hard to remember all the Zach fails at this point.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Is it? I figured his trade value would be even worse if he was perceived as being a workaholic during the off-season and  was still this bad. 

Backup/3rd string guys are the solid teammate/know the playbook/low maintenance guys typically. Lasting as a backup for a long time is more art than skill.

• WTF? 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Wasn't he injured in both his first two preseasons?  Hard to remember all the Zach fails at this point.

Year 1 they didn’t play him in preseason during a game because it was raining. Year 2 he got hurt and then was out for two months to get surgery that the Jets didn’t think he needed in California. Last year he split reps down the middle with Boyle. Wasn’t asked to throw that much either. I think Boyle and Wilson had the same number of passing attempts.

We thought that the Jets would be scrounging if ZW was released or traded such that a team only paid the $1mm vet minimum, which the Jets would save on the cap.

With all of the NFL having 2 QBs on the roster, ZW is looking at a place on a team practice squad.  That may be less than the veteran minimum.  So that is looking like a complete bloodbath for JD and Zach Wilson.

Just keep him as QB3.  He will start 4 games. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Not rookie year. Actually had a decent preseason and a solid game in his first real game that yr vs Carolina.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I have never seen anything anywhere that went through Wilson’s offseason routine or regimen like you do with other successful QBs. 

How much Zach suckage do people need to see before officially disowning him?

And to your original point which drives JetNut and all the other ZW Justice Warriors here crazy, Tiki Barber said on the radio Zach is a nice kid but he could tell football was not his priority and he lacked the edge other QBs had to drive themselves to get better and be successful at the position.  Tiki personally knows Zach Wilson and played in the NFL 10+ years

Tom Brady didn’t magically become Tom Brady the guy was a notorious monk who lived and breathed football and would be watching tape at the gym at 5am Monday the day after the game

Is Zach still recuperating from that concussion?

Just stick him on IR as soon as it's possible, and let him sit out the season in Utah.

Then, he can leave as a FA in 2025, and actually make a positive contribution to our comp pick formula.

12 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Is Zach still recuperating from that concussion?

Just stick him on IR as soon as it's possible, and let him sit out the season in Utah.

Then, he can leave as a FA in 2025, and actually make a positive contribution to our comp pick formula.

That's funny.  Let him waste away on IR even if there's no discernible injury? 😅

I doubt ZW and his "camp" would be agreeable to that, and doubt Joe Douglas or Woody would be able to get away with something underhanded like that.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That's funny.  Let him waste away as a healthy IR candidate?

I don't think Joe Douglas or Woody would be able to get away with something underhanded like that.

It's that concussion! He missed, what, the last month of the season with it? It's obviously a very bad one...best to park him on IR for the year, in his own interest.

• Haha 2

The best (and likely future) decision is to just cut him.

There is no discernable trade market for Zach Wilson, not to start, not to be a veteran #2, and not as a developmental #3/PS'er at his pricetag salary wise.  He's simply that bad.

There are only two outcomes then.  Cut him.  And keep him as our own #3.

i.e. he simply must be cut.  Waiting till before the draft/draft day/after the draft feels like JD dreaming his lottery ticket will pay off with a win.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The best (and likely future) decision is to just cut him.

There is no discernable trade market for Zach Wilson, not to start, not to be a veteran #2, and not as a developmental #3/PS'er at his pricetag salary wise.  He's simply that bad.

There are only two outcomes then.  Cut him.  And keep him as our own #3.

i.e. he simply must be cut.  Waiting till before the draft/draft day/after the draft feels like JD dreaming his lottery ticket will pay off with a win.

I think the Vikings give us their first.  So why cut him

30 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

It's that concussion! He missed, what, the last month of the season with it? It's obviously a very bad one...best to park him on IR for the year, in his own interest.

This could be what they do. More likely than a trade. And I’m taking Woody at his word that he’s not releasing him. 

1 hour ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

How much Zach suckage do people need to see before officially disowning him?

And to your original point which drives JetNut and all the other ZW Justice Warriors here crazy, Tiki Barber said on the radio Zach is a nice kid but he could tell football was not his priority and he lacked the edge other QBs had to drive themselves to get better and be successful at the position.  Tiki personally knows Zach Wilson and played in the NFL 10+ years

Tom Brady didn’t magically become Tom Brady the guy was a notorious monk who lived and breathed football and would be watching tape at the gym at 5am Monday the day after the game

The Zach tenure is one of the strangest in league history and it continues to tick on with no end in sight.  At least when the Knicks employed JR Smiths kid brother it was only for a season. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Zach tenure is one of the strangest in league history....

It's really not any stranger than any other mega-bust QB in NFL history.  Only a small subset of Jets Fans go down the rabbit hole you do, and literally no one outside of our fanbase even gives it or him a second thought.  He'll go down as a historic bust, but not as a "strange tenure".

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

It's really not any stranger than any other mega-bust QB in NFL history.  Only a small subset of Jets Fans go down the rabbit hole you do, and literally no one outside of our fanbase even gives it or him a second thought.  He'll go down as a historic bust, but not as a "strange tenure".

Mega bust who remains employed by the Jets for absolutely no reason

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Mega bust who remains employed by the Jets for absolutely no reason

Nobody cares that he is "still employed" now.  If he's still employed Week 1, that'll be an issue.

Drafted bust QB's who are with their original team 3 seasons, getting benched several times along the way?  Commonplace. 

• Upvote 1