Possible Suitor for Wilson

Not the worst idea I've heard....

Broncos Trade Proposal Swaps Courtland Sutton for Former Top 3 QB

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via E-mail

6.8K Views

98 Shares

By Evan Craig

Updated Mar 30, 2024 at 6:09pm

Getty Courtland Sutton is shipped to an AFC team for a young QB in a new Broncos trade proposal.

Fans of the Denver Broncos have had very little to celebrate since the team won the 2016 Super Bowl.

With nagging questions at quarterback, one writer has a trade proposal that would give head coach Sean Payton “the saddest QB room of all-time.”

John Buhler of FanSided proposed the Broncos trade wide receiver Courtland Sutton to the New York Jets for Zach Wilson.

The Broncos would also receive a 2024 fourth-rounder (No. 111 overall) and a 2025 sixth-round pick in this proposal. Buhler defended the move considering Denver “needs draft capital so badly.”

“From Denver’s perspective, you are not just getting Wilson over on an expiring deal ahead of what will almost certainly be another lost year for the franchise,” Buhler wrote on March 30. “But you are getting two picks from the Jets as well. They may only be a fourth-round pick this year and a sixth-round pick in 2026, but you got something else in addition to a failing former BYU quarterback.”

New York took Wilson second overall out of BYU in the 2021 NFL draft. Wilson has completed 57% of his passes and has thrown 23 touchdowns to 25 interceptions in 34 career games.

Buhler argued that as tough as it would be to part with Sutton, the move would be necessary for the Broncos’ future.

“Denver should continue to sell off high-priced assets in favor of draft capital. If they do this rebuild right, the Broncos could be a force to be reckoned with by 2028 or something, maybe sooner,” Buhler wrote.

NFL Analyst Lists Broncos as a Fit for QB Zach Wilson

The Broncos could always take a quarterback with the No. 12 pick in the 2024 NFL draft. Any option should realistically be on the table for Payton and company — including Wilson.

NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks listed Denver as a possible destination for Wilson next season.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Can’t be organized team practices.  Wilson also flew WRs and RBs out to practice sites on their own.  
The last thing you should do is outline what players should do, you’re a Raiders fan.  All your players are the bestest.  For so many different reasons. 
Id love to believe there are 35 players practicing at the Raiders facility.  But now I’ll call bullshlt 

you were saying , just facts .

58 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Yeah this is the kind of stuff I was hoping the second overall pick and quarterback would have been leading. That’s how you build relationships and be seen as a leader etc. it’s gotta come from the QB. Not photo ops at your family’s mansion in Wyoming.  again this falls on the Jets for not outlining expectations from the jump. And that’s on Saleh especially too, who I do not think sets a great example in terms of time commitment. (Show up to the combine buddy). Culture culture culture…which is now just pawned off to Rodgers and crossing fingers he’ll fix everything. 

i also think Zach was given special treatment and no one was really allowed to push him either. Juggling Utah and New Jersey was never going to work out. The family situation should have been ironed out before the draft. 

• Upvote 2

That broncos trade proposal is laughable why would they make that trade? Give up Sutton their only real weapon on the team for a QB who didn't pan out with Garret Wilson? Even if they traded for Zach you would have to figure they would still be drafting a QB and whoever ends up starting for them will need people to throw the ball to. Maybe they will draft Bowers at 10 when we pass on him for an offensive lineman or trade down?

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Mega bust who remains employed by the Jets for absolutely no reason

I think you’re being a little too hard on the kid.  He still needs an OL and a OC before we really know.  And like JetNut said if there isn’t an official practice happening what is he supposed to do?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

That's funny.  Let him waste away on IR even if there's no discernible injury? 😅

I doubt ZW and his "camp" would be agreeable to that, and doubt Joe Douglas or Woody would be able to get away with something underhanded like that.

I mean Zach treated rehab like it was vacation so honestly this could be the solution that both sides agree to

2 hours ago, bitonti said:

So we're in April and this amazing qb has no takers 

Shocked GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

He’s not an amazing QB, but most of these guys here will be amazed when he’s our third string QB.  “ See you game 8 Zach!” 

• More Ugh 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

The best (and likely future) decision is to just cut him.

There is no discernable trade market for Zach Wilson, not to start, not to be a veteran #2, and not as a developmental #3/PS'er at his pricetag salary wise.  He's simply that bad.

There are only two outcomes then.  Cut him.  And keep him as our own #3.

i.e. he simply must be cut.  Waiting till before the draft/draft day/after the draft feels like JD dreaming his lottery ticket will pay off with a win.

More and more teams are falling in love with QB prospects the closer we get to the draft anyways.  No one will have an opening.  He’s a practice squad stash and nothing more.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Amazingly it feels like he's gonna be a Jet this yearemoji52.png

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

This will be best for everyone.... This way we can hear, how was Saleh supposed to win when his 3rd string QB is the worst QB of all time.

We can deflect all of the shortcomings of the awful staff and organization onto ZW for another season

We can have 32 pages of threads on ZW being the worst QB in the history of QB's and nobody will have to face the fact that we have another rebuild coming and still no QB

Matt can continue to meticualously scan the Utah daily gazette for anything he can find on ZW so he doesnt have to hang with his wife or family

Tom Shane can continue to how white mormans are terrible humans and football players

JF80's elbow bursitis will never heal from the self reach arounds about being right about it being 12:00 twice a day every day, and ignore everything else

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

OK.  You do realize I said you can’t have organized practices and your proof there are is that someone heard a lot of players have been in working out
Practices are a CBA violation

• Upvote 1

There's one less team that could have signed Zach with KC signing Wentz. There will be open jobs later with injuries and maybe the Jets figure his value will increase but it's not a good look esp if the player wants out of the org and they promised him a trade etc. 

On 4/2/2024 at 10:20 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

More and more teams are falling in love with QB prospects the closer we get to the draft anyways.  No one will have an opening.  He’s a practice squad stash and nothing more.  

Our GM actually fell for this

Mike Mamula of QBs

Wilson Jets GIF by The Undroppables

• Haha 2

The broncos are offering 3 first round picks and the Vikings are offering two first round picks and Justin Jefferson 
How much of JJ's contact are the Vikes picking up, for us to take him off their hands?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2