Aaron Rodgers leaving Jets to be VP of United States?

11 minutes ago, maury77 said:

That's cute, you know what I meant. There is a difference between discussing how this alleged VP canidacy affects the football team and discussing which "political party" does what. 

I didn't mention a political party by name.

Rodgers story breaks about he was approached by RFK Jr. to be his running mate and the very next day an article gets written by a reporter who claims she has a conversation with Rodgers 11 years ago where he said he was a Sandy Hook denier. She held onto this piece of "news" for 11 years but now feels compelled to release it?? Another poster already has said it was because he is now linked to RFK so it makes sense. That's not political??? When you look at everything, especially the timing, this has to be a political hit job and THAT makes the entire topic political.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

27 minutes ago, jetswin said:

Bingo.

No one was talking about RFK Jr until Rodgers name was attached. We all know he has no shot however any votes he gets were most likely Biden votes. Like it or not this is going to be a close election and knocking down Rodgers helps Biden's cause.

Does anyone here think CNN or any media for that matter aside from FOX and the Post is for Trump?

All this being said if evidence does in fact come out it would be more proof of Rodgers being unlikable to everyone.

Disaffected Biden voters are not voting for an avowed anti-vaxxer. If anything this could siphon votes from trump from Maga who are disappointed with trump for speeding development of the vaccine and taking credit for it 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Disaffected Biden voters are not voting for an avowed anti-vaxxer. If anything this could siphon booted from trump from Maga who are disappointed with trump for speeding development of the vaccine and taking credit for it 

It's not just about vaccines.

The name Kennedy, a legendary Democrat family, combined with a football star will get votes.

6 minutes ago, Xtina said:

Disaffected Biden voters are not voting for an avowed anti-vaxxer. If anything this could siphon votes from trump from Maga who are disappointed with trump for speeding development of the vaccine and taking credit for it 

Trump told people to get the vaccine at rallies and it didn't hurt his base at all. Now for those 100,000+ non- committed Democrat voters....who are they voting for? If the right really cared about RFK Jr the hit piece would have broken on Fox, not CNN.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Trump told people to get the vaccine at rallies and it didn't hurt his base at all. Now for those 100,000+ non- committed Democrat voters....who are they voting for? If the right really cared about RFK Jr the hit piece would have broken on Fox, not CNN.

The Spin Zone is strong with this one

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

I have not read one post in this thread, but I would like to congratulate this forum on getting this to 25 pages without it being locked. When I first stumbled across this topic, I gave it 5 minutes lasting. Great job guys!!!
^

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

It's amazing how many people take what this reporter says as gospel, without a single shred of proof and completely ignore a video of Rodgers saying something that directly conflicts with what a Sandy Hook denier would say.

Unfortunately that is the problem with social media. Amazing a private conversation from 11 years ago is now reported by CNN just as he is mentioned as a VP option for RFK jr. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JetsFanatic said:

Unfortunately that is the problem with social media. Amazing a private conversation from 11 years ago is now reported by CNN just as he is mentioned as a VP option for RFK jr. 

Exactly. And there is video proof of Rodgers saying things that directly contradict the story. But it's not politically motivated 😅

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How do you explain the video of Rodgers talking about the tragedy of Sandy Hook? I'm all ears.

Let me get this straight.  You are referring to the 10 second soundbite of Rodgers saying "school shootings are bad" shortly after Sandy Hook?  Is that supposed to anecdotally disprove that he later morphed into a Sandy Hook truther substantially more than the CNN reporter's allegations prove that he's a Sandy Hook truther?  Bravo for Rodgers for condemning a classroom full of babies getting shot with an AR-15 shortly after it happened.  Truly. 

This is a guy that spends his time in the dark, insidious corners of the internet and has a track record for being as manipulative as he is manipulable.  You don't think he could've changed his tune after this 10 second Holy Grail of Evidence you keep touting?  

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

This just in: reporter witnessed Jesse Ventura preparing puppy sandwiches for lunch in 2013.

I prefer my Puppy fricasseed rather than on sandwiches, it takes away alot of the gamey taste.  Puppy sammies is just in bad culinary taste.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

How do you explain the video of Rodgers talking about the tragedy of Sandy Hook? I'm all ears.

The same way I explain Alex Jones admitting in court that sandy hook was real after years of calling it fake.  People change their story depending on the audience. 

Whether or not the story should have come out there is no logical reason for a reporter with a career to make this claim unless there's a hint of truth. 

Pamela Brown is a nice looking lady that probably looked nicer 10 years ago.  I can see a scenario where Rodgers was hammered at the derby and was flirting with the pretty reporter by trolling her.  That's not excusing it but it's possible. 

Any way you slice it just come out with a statement and move the fk on.  This is stupid. 

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I have not read one post in this thread, but I would like to congratulate this forum on getting this to 25 pages without it being locked. When I first stumbled across this topic, I gave it 5 minutes lasting. Great job guys!!!

Very true but the last page or two tells me it won’t last much longer

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

Let me get this straight.  You are referring to the 10 second soundbite of Rodgers saying "school shootings are bad" shortly after Sandy Hook?  Is that supposed to anecdotally disprove that he later morphed into a Sandy Hook truther substantially more than the CNN reporter's allegations prove that he's a Sandy Hook truther?  Bravo for Rodgers for condemning a classroom full of babies getting shot with an AR-15 shortly after it happened.  Truly. 

This is a guy that spends his time in the dark, insidious corners of the internet and has a track record for being as manipulative as he is manipulable.  You don't think he could've changed his tune after this 10 second Holy Grail of Evidence you keep touting?  

One one hand we have video evidence of his feelings regarding Sandy Hook and on the other we have the word of a reporter that sat on a one on one conversation for 11 years and decides to release the day after Rodgers is rumored to have interest in a ticket with RFK Jr. You are saying her story, which would indicate that Rodgers went from feeling sadness about the tragic events of Sandy Hook to becoming a Sandy Hook denier is more believable? And that because Rodgers is a kook and doesn't believe in the COVID vaccine? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

And since many have felt the need to inform the forum how far they live from Sandy Hook, I used to live 10 minutes from there and now live 20 minutes from there. 

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

The same way I explain Alex Jones admitting in court that sandy hook was real after years of calling it fake.  People change their story depending on the audience. 

Whether or not the story should have come out there is no logical reason for a reporter with a career to make this claim unless there's a hint of truth. 

Pamela Brown is a nice looking lady that probably looked nicer 10 years ago.  I can see a scenario where Rodgers was hammered at the derby and was flirting with the pretty reporter by trolling her.  That's not excusing it but it's possible. 

Any way you slice it just come out with a statement and move the fk on.  This is stupid. 

There is no logical reason for her to make this claim now, after sitting on it for 11 years? One day after the VP news? Are you kidding me?

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

You are saying her story, which would indicate that Rodgers went from feeling sadness about the tragic events of Sandy Hook to becoming a Sandy Hook denier is more believable? 

No, I'm saying they are precisely the same amount of believable.  A 10 second blurb from 12 years ago versus a reporter's report.  Rodgers has a long track record as a jerk, troll, and conspiracy theorist.  But this is some serious sh*t.  As @Pac said, it shouldn't be very hard for Rodgers to come out and vociferously deny this, call CNN "fAkE nEwZ" (or whatever tribal cry you prefer this days) and move on.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

And that because Rodgers is a kook and doesn't believe in the COVID vaccine? Yeah, makes perfect sense.

And for what it's worth, no one has injected (pun intended!) more pure politics into this thread than you.

• Upvote 1

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

No, I'm saying they are precisely the same amount of believable.  A 10 second blurb from 12 years ago versus a reporter's report.  Rodgers has a long track record as a jerk, troll, and conspiracy theorist.  But this is some serious sh*t.  As @Pac said, it shouldn't be very hard for Rodgers to come out and vociferously deny this, call CNN "fAkE nEwZ" (or whatever tribal cry you prefer this days) and move on.

And for what it's worth, no one has injected (pun intended!) more pure politics into this thread than you.

I don't find it equally believable at all. Not even close.

36 minutes ago, jetswin said:

It's not just about vaccines.

The name Kennedy, a legendary Democrat family, combined with a football star will get votes.

Its not just that….. its a legit anti establishment duo that can shake washington up. Ppl are tired of a 2 party system.

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

There is no logical reason for her to make this claim now, after sitting on it for 11 years? One day after the VP news? Are you kidding me?

I don't think she did.  Her bosses have probably been sitting on it for years and finally found a good reason to run it. 

Hey man you do you..  If you think she's going to put her career on the line to make ARod look bad that's cool.  I happen to think that's absurd. 

1 minute ago, HighPitch said:

It’s not just that….. it’s a legit anti establishment duo that can shake washington up. Ppl are tired of a 2 party system.

I don’t know if the Kennedy’s qualify as anti establishment 

• Haha 2

Rodgers is a complete nutjob and being a Sandy Hook denier falls in line with his brand.  Let's face it, you have to be a special kind of douche nozzle to be estranged from your entire family. 

I know you're supposed to root for the laundry, but this guy consistently goes out of his way to be disliked.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Does crime or alleged thought crime bother you more?

You do know it’s possible to be against heinous crimes and also while not on the same level think Rodgers is a scumbag for trying to  say a bunch of babies being gunned down never happened.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pac said:

I don't think she did.  Her bosses have probably been sitting on it for years and finally found a good reason to run it. 

Hey man you do you..  If you think she's going to put her career on the line to make ARod look bad that's cool.  I happen to think it's absurd. 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

31 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It looks like it's about to be locked any minute now....

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1