This all seems to be hitting just right…maybe pressure and expectations actually works

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Misses…. ???  Misses?????   His misses are too numerous to count.  I dont get in debates about opinions and feelings , I leave that to women. I look at results.  His record sucks.  He has had 1 good draft just one. 

I wouldn’t look back at Mac’s drafts if I were you. Might have forgotten…

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Misses…. ???  Misses?????   His misses are too numerous to count.  I dont get in debates about opinions and feelings , I leave that to women. I look at results.  His record sucks.  He has had 1 good draft just one. 

Blocking Shots Fired GIF

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

I'll wait

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

“Plenty of teams were in on this LT, yet he signed with the one that floated out a $6.5 mil guarantee…” is something you read quite often on NFL message boards

Almost as much as no one would ever want to sign here was floated around.  

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It’s funny how signing a 33 year old tackle who hasn’t played a full season in nine years flipped the consensus view on this offseason from disastrous to awesome.

Duane Brown pt.2

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

His team is solid as can be right now.  But that’s not worth a damn to those who can’t think, losing his QB didn’t kill last years chance for a winning record.  And of course the season he had to throw away by dumping most of the shltty roster he inherited.  So let’s not look at circumstances and keep a blind eye so we can continue the we suck agenda.

Of course his record does suck but let’s see what a season looks like with good QB play, he’s built a team everyone knows can win.  

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His team is solid as can be right now.  But that’s not worth a damn to those who can’t think, losing his QB didn’t kill last years chance for a winning record.  And of course the season he had to throw away by dumping most of the shltty roster he inherited.  So let’s not look at circumstances and keep a blind eye so we can continue the we suck agenda.

Of course his record does suck but let’s see what a season looks like with good QB play, he’s built a team everyone knows can win.  

No decent QB no decent back up.  Poor oline.  

all forced him to gamble on a 40 year old.  

but yes his hands are clean.   

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Actually the consensus view of the whole offseason up to that point has been closer to awesome than the incessant whining coming from the usual suspects.  
This was just the icing 

America has risen and spoken with one voice, and that voice has said: Tyrod Taylor and John Simpson are the best signings of the offseason

7 hours ago, WowOhWow said:

I realize there’s a lot of threads on this offseason but it really seems like our boy JD is responding to the pressure and expectations that have been made public. Maybe our boy Woodrow should take notice. Every year the expectation should be made public that we need to win…now. That’s the name of the game.

JD is having himself a big old offseason and I’m eager to see how our coaching staff coaches now that the cat is out of the bag that they have to win or they get canned.

But holy hell - so far so freaking good this offseason. 3 OL, a legit backup QB, more money to spend. Good job so far JD. Keep it up.

Truth is that no one sees that guy coming here and we got him. Great move. Hell kinlaw, Moses and Simpson all great moves. Great contracts and perfect for us. 

We still got the draft to get another tippman type of room that can potentially be a starter and that is the off season that many fans have been begging for since joes arrived.

If it were not for injury put line would have been fine the last couple years and as much as it is not his fault, I'm glad to see him put together a plan at o line that even the ardent jet hater can get behind.

I wish we could have freed up a 4th for wr Allen but he'll I'm convinced we are taking wr in the first. And I rather have the line man. This run game is going to be great. Hall will have blocks and be in touched for 5 yards. It's going to be glorious.

6 hours ago, hawk said:

Ah yes, the record argument.  The old, tired, lazy, and simple response.

The primary role of a General Manager is to build a competitive roster.  He has done that, and he has done that well.  

His role is to also hire the cooks to prepare the meal with the ingredients he buys.  I admit, I am not sold on the cooks.

The record has improved each year.  Is it good enough, absolutely not.  It is due to the players he has brought in, I'd say no.  

At the end of the day, he has done his job well, and with some luck, this team will stay healthy, as opposed to his previous years.

The primary role is to build a competitive roster.  Competitive enough to win games and make the playoffs once in a while.  Building a roster in the NFL is its own form of competition.  If we improve less than the mean average of the league we actually are worse on a competitive basis.  If we improve more than the mean average we are better on a competitive basis.  That's why record over years actually is a good indication of how a GM is actually doing in the NFL competition to build a football team.  In this case the HC was hired by the GM so it's not as if his roster is being handcuffed  by a meddling ownership.

Over time you don't need to be a sophisticated thinker to actually evaluate the job the GM is doing.  You have to look at the record.  JD has a lot to prove in a very short time.  It will all show up in the record which to date is terrible. 

This offseason also had some really good coaches available.  It was the perfect time to upgrade the staff.  Also JD's job.  

If you look at the talent it may be getting better but on a comparative basis we could also still be spinning wheels against the league.  TBD.

My opinion is JD has been okay.  He blew the two chalk picks in his first 2 years which set the team back alot.  They were big picks.  I also have severe doubts about the HC and OC.  JD clearly is responsible for both.  The Rodgers move had the distinct feel of desperation.  He gave up too much for an assett no body else wanted and Green Bay wanted to get rid of.  You could argue that the compensation wasn't bad if you're willing to forgive JD for an absolute abortion of a season where he gave up before the trade deadline with a team that looked to be as good as the Browns with a decent backup QB.

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

No decent QB no decent back up.  Poor oline.  

all forced him to gamble on a 40 year old.  

but yes his hands are clean.   

Aaron Rodgers now somehow isn’t decent.  OK

Tyrod is a decent backup, he was the best of the Giants QBs a year ago.

Jets were considered one of the contenders for the SB a year ago.  I may have been leery of that lofty rating but it’s far from the story being told by some here this year.  Funny how it’s all changed 

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

America has risen and spoken with one voice, and that voice has said: Tyrod Taylor and John Simpson are the best signings of the offseason

Nah, I read here that they all suck.  

14 minutes ago, Biggs said:

The primary role is to build a competitive roster.  Competitive enough to win games and make the playoffs once in a while.  Building a roster in the NFL is its own form of competition.  If we improve less than the mean average of the league we actually are worse on a competitive basis.  If we improve more than the mean average we are better on a competitive basis.  That's why record over years actually is a good indication of how a GM is actually doing in the NFL competition to build a football team.  In this case the HC was hired by the GM so it's not as if his roster is being handcuffed  by a meddling ownership.

Over time you don't need to be a sophisticated thinker to actually evaluate the job the GM is doing. You have to look at the record. JD has a lot to prove in a very short time. It will all show up in the record which to date is terrible. 

The record, since this is the simple barometer, has improved each year.  Again, he is doing his job.  This has happened despite the worst QB play (JDs "chalk" pick), and significant injury to the offensive line.

Although, I am not sold on his hand picked coach, but using the simple barometer of record, they are improving despite the worst QB play and significant injury to the offensive line.

***Yes, let's use the same old argument that JDs strength is Offensive line, and should be able to adapt when you are on your 5th, 6th, or even 7th option at a tackle position.  ***

Using the old, tired, lazy, and simple barometer of record, it has improved, thus improving above the mean average and doing his job.

30 minutes ago, Biggs said:

He blew the two chalk picks in his first 2 years which set the team back alot.  They were big picks

We should take a deep dive into said "chalk" pick and review the overwhelming success of said pick, or lack there of.

However, I assume you mean Becton as the second, and he was certainly renowned as a potential cornerstone after year 1, prior to his injury.

There is no dispute to Zach Wilson, who was selected.  Even if it wasn't a forced pick, no one thought he would be that bad.

As for as Rodgers, I have no argument.  The compensation was silly, IMO.  Probably had nothing to do with JDs boss saying he would be a Jet before they settled on compensation.

At the end of the day, the roster is better, and has improved the simple barometer of record each year.  

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Aaron Rodgers now somehow isn’t decent.  OK

Tyrod is a decent backup, he was the best of the Giants QBs a year ago.

Jets were considered one of the contenders for the SB a year ago.  I may have been leery of that lofty rating but it’s far from the story being told by some here this year.  Funny how it’s all changed 

We disagree on how to build a team. Where will we be in 3 years???  Ewe are hiring older players that are past their prime.  Why??  Shltty drafting .  Drafting is number 1 job and JD has only had 1 good one. Albeit excellent. Yet those young kids , if it doesn’t turn around are gonna leave. 

4 minutes ago, hawk said:

The record, since this is the simple barometer, has improved each year.  Again, he is doing his job.  This has happened despite the worst QB play (JDs "chalk" pick), and significant injury to the offensive line.

Although, I am not sold on his hand picked coach, but using the simple barometer of record, they are improving despite the worst QB play and significant injury to the offensive line.

***Yes, let's use the same old argument that JDs strength is Offensive line, and should be able to adapt when you are on your 5th, 6th, or even 7th option at a tackle position.  ***

Using the old, tired, lazy, and simple barometer of record, it has improved, thus improving above the mean average and doing his job.

We should take a deep dive into said "chalk" pick and review the overwhelming success of said pick, or lack there of.

However, I assume you mean Becton as the second, and he was certainly renowned as a potential cornerstone after year 1, prior to his injury.

There is no dispute to Zach Wilson, who was selected.  Even if it wasn't a forced pick, no one thought he would be that bad.

As for as Rodgers, I have no argument.  The compensation was silly, IMO.  Probably had nothing to do with JDs boss saying he would be a Jet before they settled on compensation.

At the end of the day, the roster is better, and has improved the simple barometer of record each year.  

Our record this year was the same as last year.  No improvement.  7 and 10 stinks.  Granted this years roster with a B backup might have had a shot at the playoffs.  See Cleveland as an example.  Unlike Cleveland, JD surrendered after Rodgers went down.  

There is no argument that Whirfs is head and shoulders better than Becton and Fields, while not being very good is miles better than Zach.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Biggs said:

Our record this year was the same as last year.  No improvement.  7 and 10 stinks.  Granted this years roster with a B backup might have had a shot at the playoffs.  See Cleveland as an example.  Unlike Cleveland, JD surrendered after Rodgers went down.  

There is no argument that Whirfs is head and shoulders better than Becton and Fields, while not being very good is miles better than Zach.

Yes, he should have consulted Marty McFly before the draft.  Figured out who the "chalk" picks were.

Last year's record was the same.  Congrats! I guess I was grading on a curve since we improved the roster above the mean average and that plan went to crap, 4 plays in. 

Yes, I do agree, more effort should have been made to get a competent QB after Rodgers went down.  

Just now, hawk said:

Yes, he should have consulted Marty McFly before the draft.  Figured out who the "chalk" picks were.

Last year, record was the same.  Congrats, I guess I was grading on a curve since we improved the roster above the mean average and that plan went to crap, 4 plays in. 

Yes, I do agree, more effort should have been made to get a competent QB after Rodgers went down.  

7 & 10 for the Jets is a very solid record of achievement on a historical comparison to the NY Jets.  Unfortunately there are actually 31 other NFL teams.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Biggs said:

7 & 10 for the Jets is a very solid record of achievement on a historical comparison to the NY Jets.  Unfortunately there are actually 31 other NFL teams.  

I never said the record was good.  And, based on your previous response, the talent level was a playoff team if there was a quality backup to Rodgers.

JD isn't without some misques, as has ever GM, even 20 year guys.

The roster is better, it is competitive, and barring significant injury to a unit (such as offensive line) or Rodgers, we should have greatly improved record and playoff berth.

That is his job correct?  

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, hawk said:

I never said the record was good.  And, based on your previous response, the talent level was a playoff team if there was a quality backup to Rodgers.

JD isn't without some misques, as has ever GM, even 20 year guys.

The roster is better, it is competitive, and barring significant injury to a unit (such as offensive line) or Rodgers, we should have greatly improved record and playoff berth.

That is his job correct?  

A 40 year old QB who hasn't been healthy in 2 years and  is very high risk, correct?  The coaching staff stinks, correct?  JD is responsible for that correct?

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Biggs said:

A 40 year old QB who hasn't been healthy in 2 years and  is very high risk, correct?  The coaching staff stinks, correct?  JD is responsible for that correct?

He had a broken thumb in 2022 (and played) and he was league MVP in 2021.  What a silly argument!

I don't have much faith in our coaching staff, but that same coaching staff went 7-10 in back to back years with possibly the single worst starting QB to start that many games in history.

JD is the GM, the buck stops with him.

It does not change the fact that he is doing his job in his primary role, which you yourself say is, building a competitive team.  In which you yourself say, is a playoff team with a quality backup last year.

So again, barring injury, this roster should greatly improve the record, and should make the playoffs.

Again, he has done his job.

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

We disagree on how to build a team. Where will we be in 3 years???  Ewe are hiring older players that are past their prime.  Why??  Shltty drafting .  Drafting is number 1 job and JD has only had 1 good one. Albeit excellent. Yet those young kids , if it doesn’t turn around are gonna leave. 

Football teams change from year to another.  3 years who knows.  Sure it would have been better if Zach worked out and we had a 24 year old FQB, but it didn’t happen.  Seems like 9 out of 10 times it doesn’t.  So you get the text available best thing.  That was Rodgers.  Doesn’t mean we can’t develop someone to play in 3-4 years. 
We aren’t bringing in older guys, we have a couple of older FA types, the core of this team from the Q bros to Sauce to Wilson to Hall etc, etc are young, very young.  

MAC set this franchise back 10 years.   
With all the 10 year setbacks around here, we'll be back in Joe Namath's prime years before you know it.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, hawk said:

Joe Douglas has been a good GM, and has transformed this roster from what he inherited.  He is not the problem with this organization, and if the plan turn out differently, such as injuries, he will be critizied.  

The unfortunate reality, if the QB goes down 4 plays in, or the star guard tears his ACL / Achilles, or the promising rookie Tackle gets hurt, or the star studded RB loses a season to injury, the pitchfork crew will be out for his head.  

The end of the day, Douglas has done his job, and done it well.  

Other than that fact of his HC choice I agree.  This is 10x more a make or break year for Saleh than it is for JD.  JD is a keeper.    

22 hours ago, dbatesman said:

It’s funny how signing a 33 year old tackle who hasn’t played a full season in nine years flipped the consensus view on this offseason from disastrous to awesome.

When he plays, he plays like an All-Pro. 

As long as they have a viable plan for whenwhen (not if) he's injured (and no, he is "surprised Pikachu face" isn't a plan) it's a great signing

13 hours ago, hawk said:

He had a broken thumb in 2022 (and played) and he was league MVP in 2021.  What a silly argument!

I don't have much faith in our coaching staff, but that same coaching staff went 7-10 in back to back years with possibly the single worst starting QB to start that many games in history.

JD is the GM, the buck stops with him.

It does not change the fact that he is doing his job in his primary role, which you yourself say is, building a competitive team.  In which you yourself say, is a playoff team with a quality backup last year.

So again, barring injury, this roster should greatly improve the record, and should make the playoffs.

Again, he has done his job.

A competitive team in the NFL is all 32 teams.   Some mediocre NFL teams make the playoffs every year.  Well run NFL teams make the playoffs almost every year.

The league is run to make bad teams competitive and good teams less competitive to maintain competitive balance.   Not having a 500 record or above in 4 years is hard to do.  You have to really suck, have bad luck or a culture that’s undermining the team.

Rodgers is now 40.  It’s not as if he was in his late 20’s and just had 2 years of injuries that impacted his play.  There’s a reason a well run organization unloaded him and the NY Jets were the only team that wanted him.  JD got hosed in the Rodgers deal.  Had Rodgers actually been in his prime and taken us to the playoffs nobody would have cared.  He’s not which is why the Packers unloaded him. 

You yourself admit that you have no faith in the coaching staff that JD hired and continues to move forward with.  A brilliantly constructed roster with a bad coaching staff is still unlikely to win consistently in the NFL.  That’s part of JD’s job.  We apparently agree that’s a huge part of his failure.

Between JD and Saleh I would prefer we keep JD but since they seem to be tied together JD is likely to take the fall if Saleh again underperforms with what we both perceive is a mediocre enough roster to fight for one of the NFL playoff spots awarded to 40% of the teams.